What technology do you think exists (or is on the threshold of existing) but is not yet public knowledge?

What technology do you think exists (or is on the threshold of existing) but is not yet public knowledge?

You should be able to justify why you believe the tech exists (e.g. an existing precursor or maybe the theoretical potential of current STEM advancements).

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_emerging_technologies
techcrunch.com/2017/09/19/flippy-the-hamburger-cooking-robot-gets-its-first-restaurant-gig/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A stealth plane with modular plug-and-play nodules for weapons, sensors etc.

Don't ask me how I know hehe

A hybrid device that makes your waifu who loves you from her bottom of hear heart real, while also deletes all your memories of her, imprisons her into a realm which you can never know or see, but she can see you. The device will replace your memories of her with another inanimate waifu. However your instincts are left unmodified.

a brain implant that reads your thoughts and sends them directly to law enforcement

I hope they hiding antygravity devices.

waifu machines

AI that auto scans and analyzes all traffic it can gather
my dad works for nintendo

AI supercomputers, androids and anti gravity zero energy craft. I watched some youtube videos.

Fuck off, dumb frogposter.

what are you fat like shit?

Modified humans
China and Russi already openly admit theyre experimenting with cybernetics, so I dont doubt that theyre also already begining or about to be using genetic modification at least for minor things

Alfa Centauri Space Station

Fucking phone posting
*Genetically modified humans

Treatment for most known cancers.

Reliable automated vehicles and fast food restaurants.

There has been enough research and development in both areas, but development has been kept on the down low to prevent public outrage.

If these technologies were to be adopted by the big players in transportation and fast food, the national unemployment rate would double overnight.

>Reliable automated vehicles and fast food restaurants.
Vehicles, sure - it's already coming and known though.
Restaurants - nah, if it was possible today it'd be done already.

the technology to put women back in the kitchen and take away their rights to vote.

I remember reading a few years ago about Mcdonalds testing out an automated restaurant.

Stuff like this hasn't been announced to the public yet probably because they fear damaging their brand. People prefer getting their food served by another person, not a machine.

Until public opinion changes, no fast food corp would dare bring out their automated machinery for fear of customers feeling uncomfortable and getting their burgers elsewhere.

Useless morons constantly jobless shouldnt have rights to vote.

>Restaurants - nah, if it was possible today it'd be done already.

>People prefer getting their food served by another person, not a machine.
Yea, just like they prefer ordering from another person, not a touchscreen, huh?

A person still brings food to your table, or puts it in a window, and you can often see kitchen workers in the back.

I personally wouldn't care one way or the other, but I guess too many people wouldn't go somewhere with an automated kitchen

People go to mcdonalds to get shitty food quickly, if it's faster people will prefer it
Do you really think people value the social interaction with a mcdonalds cashier?

So Sup Forums should not be able to vote?

Some people live pretty sad lives, and these people disproportionately make up fast food restaurants' customer base. I'd say the MAJORITY of mcdonalds customers would be put off.

well maybe you're right, I avoid that place like the plague
deep-frying would be pretty easy to automate, grilling and putting burgers together would be a bit harder

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_emerging_technologies

Fatty Mcfatty. Eat chicken little fatty

>to prevent public outrage

Fuck no, the auto-cars can't be sold because of legal and insurance problems. Like if the car runs over people whose at fault? the software? the hardware? the companies that made it? the engineers? who gets to pay for the damage?

And fast food, well here is a little secret: a proper robot that can replace all the sad fucks working at those places is still more expensive than having those poorfags employed, specially in franchises on developing countries

Think for a second that toyota just said they are going to start using less robots because humans are now cheaper. Welcome to inequality

>inb4 commie

Nah, commies think the elites are going to give them free money aka: universal income once robots are everywhere. They don't want to accept they are going to be left out in the cold to starve.

>Stuff like this hasn't been announced to the public yet probably because they fear damaging their brand.
It only takes a new brand - there is no corner on the fast food market.
If it could be done, Coca-Cola would have machines on every street corner, today.

>Human made inside a newspaper stand
Not exactly what we're talking about, but 2/10 for effort.

That's a common sense direction for weaponized planes to go.

The underlying tech is already public but quantum satellite internet. So far there has been success making video calls using quantum networking.

What are vending machines?

The tech exists, it's just not at price parity yet (though that is changing).

Neuromorphic Computation

>time travel
>teleportation
>mind-reading

>what are vending machines
Not making the food.

Give it a few years, the robots are available to restaurants and there's a chain in CA that is starting to use them:
techcrunch.com/2017/09/19/flippy-the-hamburger-cooking-robot-gets-its-first-restaurant-gig/

RSA and Elliptic Curve crackers.

It is possible that the NSA knows about weaknesses in these algorithms, with which they can reduce the keyspace that needs to be bruteforced. It is feasible for them to manufacture custom ASICs to run their cracker at enormous speeds.

>the national unemployment rate would double overnight.

>imlying big companies give a fuck about unemployment.