GOODBYE T420

GOODBYE T420

>Lenovo

GOODBYE $1800

Hello autism

lol

spbp

i use the click buttons at the bottom though.

>buying nu-Lenovo trash

even if they were the same price I would still buy the t420

On a more serious note, my ThinkPad W530 is 5 years old. It's running strong, but the ports are lacking. I want Thunderbolt 3.
The Lenovo P51 seems like an OK option, though some don't have Thunderbolt.

I get a discount for Lenovo because IBM, but I still find the price a bit lacking. Do Dell or HP have a good business laptop offering?

Should I just bite the bullet and build an mITX PC or something?

oops, i forgot to quote

>$70 per month is too expensive
>he gladly spends $400 on chiclet trash nuPads

Also, while I have nothing against buying used laptops for cheap, I prefer buying new laptops for their 5-year no-questions-asked warranties.

expensive is relative, in this case 1900 US burgers is too much for what you get in return

The same specs in a T470 is like $1680 without tax. Retro keyboard, design, commemorative box (which you can flip later) and an FHD touchscreen added in are easily fair price.

Point is this is a vote, if we don't grab them Lenovo will never do this shit again

I'd be down if it came with a digitizer

No, instead I spend $60 on something better.

wow it really looks like shit for a 1800$ laptop

>that monitor
lol, do you want some screen with that bezel?

Dell latitude 5580 is ok

60 bucks eh? Why are these sold for almost 3x that in Europe? And 9/10 they are damaged is some way too.

>monitor
>hating bezels
>lol

New Sup Forums is reddit

Seriously though, is there anything that makes this better than the T420? CPU is just as shit if not worse, no 9 cell support, same aspect ratio.
The only thing better is the GPU which if you need high GPU performance you should be doing those tasks on you desktop anyways.

Libreboot and Windows?! Are you MAD?!

>The only thing better is the GPU which if you need high GPU performance you should be doing those tasks on you desktop anyways
what's it with you people and your extremes all the time.
It'd be nice if it was possible to add a 150m to the T420, just to play some simpler games, I don't need 144fps on the fly, but being able to play some endless legend when I'm not home and got spare time is a sweet bonus

read a book instead. your future self will thank you

Computer prices are supposed to go down in price in time not up. Is this shit even faster than the T420 CPU wise?

Bretty sure it's just themed GNU/Linux

Pretty sure that was a shitpost.
If not, it's xfce with the redmond/chicago95 theme, you can see the workspaces in the bottom right.

Ye

Nah, it's OpenBox with a theme I created myself. Chicago95 doesn't do it justice.

I have one, AMA

Disappointingly, it only offers DisplayPort over USB-C, a dual core processor, and for some reason only 1080p.
This would be sufficient for anyone but me.

>if we don't grab them Lenovo will never do this shit again

good

I need a high res version of this photo. reverse image search didn't do shit.

what about a HP ZBook

dutch.
>laptop for minecraft and or studying
>also €350 for a fucking X201

>that borked B key
>that shit battery life
>the gimped cpu
>those soldered components
>the apple price tag

lel

shit I meant to post this pic

fits right in with modern laptops

>no indicator lights
>fat screen bezel
>no thinklight
>no hatch for opening the screen
>windows 10
>hinges look like shit
>U-class processor
>$1800
throw it in the trash

>>fat screen bezel
like it should be on a real thinkpad though

>no indicator lights
That's okay because with Windows 10 they'd be on all the time anyway.

I'm thinking more like the bottom part of the screen bezel, its looks like shit and is way too wide

>have space for a 16:10 screen
>make it 16:9 anyway and just increase the bottom bezel

>16:10

Blame normies who won't settle with black bars when watching whatever shit they watch even though they're getting more screen space.

Look at tat thicc bezel.

anything worth watching is in 4:3

Exactly

how is this legal on a $1800 laptop from the year of our lord 2017

>legal
oh hi brainlet. last time I checked, it wasn't illegal to be jewish.

my future self is a faggot fuck him

because "muh nostalgia"

>as good as new
>i7
An i5 costs 170 in germany. how much is it in netherlands?

Thicc

Honestly it makes even less sense being that there's not even an option for a 16:10 upgrade on them.

>release a series of surveys to determine exactly what potential customers want
>completely ignore the feedback and release a laptop with none of the requested specifications

same, 170

>Point is this is a vote, if we don't grab them Lenovo will never do this shit again
They weren't going to.

The ZBook Studio G4 looks quite good, but it isn't very price-competitive with the ThinkPad P51 at $2383 vs $2168 before any company discounts
Let's check out the smaller details to see if it makes up for the $200+.
The ZBook has a larger trackpad and centered keyboard, but the ThinkPad has the trackpoint, which on a Windows or Linux device, provides generally superior functionality.

Both critically lack VGA. Both provide RJ45. The ZBook has an extra USB-C port, providing Thunderbolt 3. Notably, this can be meaningless for some use cases (eGPUs take up all PCI lanes)
Both provide some form of docking, and can't plug in any extra batteries using those ports (how sad)

The ZBook only offers 2 DIMMs--32GB max while the P51 offers 4 DIMMs--64GB max.

The ZBook's price comes with a 3 year warranty, whereas the P51 allows you to add onto the warranty.
After making up for the additional warranty, the price comes to $2383 vs $2337 before any company discounts.

Generally, the P51 has everything the ZBook has, with room to spare in terms of customizability.

I think I'm going to end up buying a P51 with a massive warranty. As I said before, I buy new computers for the warranty, and the HP warranty is crap.

It honestly sounds less like they ignored it, and more like they didn't understand the scale of what they were trying to do and backpedaled on it.

If you look carefully, the only things that they changed were things that they could easily do in-house, which boils down to the keyboard and the chassis. That's kind of it.

They probably went to their engineers with a list of specs, and then started crossing shit out because ``but what if LG says they don't wanna make a limited run 3:2 display :^)'' Ad nauseum for everything else that was asked for.

Best keyboard period.

not really. also, the T25 only looks like the classic thinkpad keyboard, but doesn't use the same keys(switches)

Reviewers get placebo effect.

>Nu-Sup Forums actually thinks this
Where are you guys getting this bullshit

that's fat, just because it has the line going through it, doesn't mean the entire bezel isn't fat as shit

people who care about screen bezels should fuck right off.

Except that bezel actually has offscreen indicator lights. The new "retro" thinkpad doesn't because with Windows 10 network and drive activity lights are pointless since they'd be on all the time.

how's nofap going?

>it has leds so it's not a bezel anymore
retard alert!

When did I say anything about it not being a bezel?