Once Linus dies, who will maintain Linux and keep it going on the right path...

Once Linus dies, who will maintain Linux and keep it going on the right path? Will it die and people will switch to a BSD userland? Who is up next to devote their life to Linux like Linus did?

Other urls found in this thread:

cturt.github.io/ps4.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there will be a fork and linux updates will continue. you do realize less than 1% of Linux code is actually written by Linus nowadays, right?

Linux and BSD will merge, and the mascot will need to be some kind of penguin demon.

Welcome to Prinnix, dood!

Even now most of the code review is done by Linus' circle of associates. If/when Linus dies, it's going to shake things up of course, but for the most part it'll be the same as before, it's not like Linus has been micromanaging "literally who" contributors besides telling them to get retroactively aborted from time to time, never mind writing the code himself (most contributions come from professional programmers employed by Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Red Hat, Oracle and similar companies). Someone (right now it'd probably be Greg Kroah-Hartman) is going to assume the project leadership role, but possible candidates of succession presumably have a vision pretty close to vision of Linus so core design principles of the kernel are unlikely to change either.

What does this have to do with video games.

Linus has a hand chosen protegee.
Don't worry.
And no, no one will fucking use cuckBSD kek

Almost all of the development is overseen by Linus' second and third in command devs. Linus doesn't have to do much anymore except decide when to close the merge window and designate a new release.

PS4 was hacked because of a FreeBSD 9 kernel vulnerability.

cturt.github.io/ps4.html

Don't Microsoft and Adobe hire paid shills?
At least have the integrity to shill software that at least fucking works.

>no ipv6

where do you live my man

Please don't be Lennart.

Linus has maintainers ready to take over the blunt of the work.
Without them the Red Hat takeover would be complete, but they still say no to Red Hat once in a while.

I bet there are at least a couple hundred people who are willing to take his place && capable.

I am sure there is gonna be a mess, all the people who can't even write their own kernel correctly gonna start saying they gonna do the things right, then gonna grab the kernel source and mix it with user layer, its gonna be dissgusting, botnets inside the kernel

One of the main advantages of free software is that it can't die.

Based BSD.

I was under the impression that the position of Linus was a hereditary title.

Greg KH will take over.

SystemD the OS is the future.

Lines isn't a fan of him

Too bad Linus is dead at this point...

[spoiler]not Matt Daemon[/spoiler]

nice xclock

I'm curious, did you actually read what you linked? WebKit and syscalls added by Sony were exploited, not FreeBSD.

[spoiler]We have spoilers again?[/spoiler]

mods have spoilers

Also, 9.0 was EOL on March 31, 2013 whereas the article in question doesn't appear any earlier than August 1st, 2015.

"[spoiler]Trying again, what the fuck?[/spoiler]"

Not fair. Not fair at all! Reeee!

Go back to your containment zone, frogposter.

No u

Linux will be uncucked when richard stallman dies and GPL dies with it

Has anyone ever attempted beating some sense into you?

When the fascist overlord of linux dies, his son will take over, like in every healthy fascistocracy.
Transition to bsd is impossible, kikes will be gased.

I can't make sense of your limp wristed numale babble

Stop trying to be a mod, you clearly aren't.

[spoiler]spoiler[/spoiler]