Open-sores community is fucking cancer

No wonder that Stallman doesn't want any association with them.

I'm the user who asked about the open-sores conference earlier today. Anyways, I went and while I couldn't take any pictures, it was pretty much a meme.

>go to hacktoberfest
>first thing I see is 5 guys with the exact same hipster beard and macbooks with C#/JavaScript/NodeJS/GitHub stickers on them
>there is one girl
>ugly as fuck with sjw glasses and purple colored hair
>apparently she is one of the leaders
>everyone seems to know each other
>everyone uses fucking windows
>except one guy with a "Just do Git" tshirt who used gahnoo/loonix on a thinkpad
I swear I'm not making this up
>first lesson starts
>the sjw purple girl starts talking about what is open sores and why we should join the open sores
>lists the 4 essencial freedoms as defined by GNU project, but doesn't mention GNU project at all, or "free software" at all, just talks about open sores
>manages to mumble through to the end
>"any questions?"
>one guy raises his hand
>"what are some open sores licences we can use in our projects?"
>"uuuuhhhh....well....im not an expert at this...but you have, for example theee...openGL...i think"
>OPEN FUCKING GL LICENCE
>the thinkpad guy jumps in and saves her from further embarrassment
>conference goes on
>some guy from Microshaft talks for half an hour about how MS is the biggest contributor to open-sores and how they're not the bad guys
>another guy made some photoshopped movie covers like "death node" and "GIT" (with git mascot instead of the IT clown) and "Vim" (instead of Ring)
>pizza arrives
>the purple sjw stars talking to some guy about how she is vegan
>another girl joins her saying she's vegan too
>I turn over to the guy on my left
>"holy shit just listen to those retards"
>"im vegan too" he says and joins them in discussion
>they keep talking about veganism for the rest of the break

Other urls found in this thread:

nonfree.pizza
youtube.com/watch?v=Ib7tFvw34DM
youtube.com/user/linuxconfau2017/videos?disable_polymer=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sorry that butt-hurt Sup Forums tards are ignoring you user.A lot of these probably hit too close to home for them.
Either way it was a great green-text, have a (You).

(btw is pic related the kind of sht you had to deal with?)

>you have, for example theee...openGL

Lel

Worth it just for this line.

>"uuuuhhhh....well....im not an expert at this...but you have, for example theee...openGL...i think"
>OPEN FUCKING GL LICENCE
>the thinkpad guy jumps in and saves her from further embarrassment

Oh my god

>btw is pic related the kind of sht you had to deal with
exactly

holy shit op

>im vegan too" he says and joins them in discussion
include me in the cap

Is Sup Forums officially vegan now?

>>"what are some open sores licences we can use in our projects?"
>>"uuuuhhhh....well....im not an expert at this...but you have, for example theee...openGL...i think"

>they keep talking about veganism for the rest of the break

ITT: Things that never happened.
>I couldn't take any pictures
Oh how convenient.

me too

Put me in the fucking screencap

I believe this actually happened

Interesting op. But maybe you should try and find people you associate better with by inspection rather than randomly going to useless conferences.

This is not a general open source problem in my view. But I'm not that tight with the software communism.

>first thing I see is 5 guys with the exact same hipster beard and macbooks with C#/JavaScript/NodeJS/GitHub stickers on them

>I swear I'm not making this up

This is why i only write C programs now. C keeps the women out because its too complex for their little brains to understand.

>couldn't take pics
>i-i-i swear i'm not making this up

this was a terrible story, authenticity aside.

>shit that never happened, the thread

Good lord. I hope this isn't true but experience tells me it probably is.

At least these retards are using windows.

>people that have never been to university
OP's story perfectly describes 95% of CS grads.

*in the USA.

I'm in the UK

Then I guess my entire school makes up that 5% because this shit just doesn't happen.

We have monthly hackathons and everyone that shows up is super chill and dedicated to whatever project they're working on. Laptop usage is spread across the board between literally any manufacture ever, including the international students with those neat looking Japanese laptops.

Everyone knows how to (properly) use git and doesn't act like a fucking know-it-all retard about it.

Are there some genuine retards in my year? Absolutely. But they're more like

You left out the most important part!

Did they order the pizza using nonfree JavaScript?

>>I turn over to the guy on my left
>>"holy shit just listen to those retards"
>>"im vegan too" he says and joins them in discussion
Lmaooooooooo
You're lovely user

Gosh bless ya user

I think it's an anglophone problem. Norway is pretty "liberal" and "progressive" and so is Sweden, but I have not seen these things in either Norwegian or Swedish universities.

nonfree.pizza

I can second this.

I'm so sorry. Don't have those problems in >Argentina.

>
I know. I understand. I thought it was just a Sup Forums meme as well, and I won't try to convince you - let me be a bullshitter this time. I wouldn't believe a story like this either, if someone told me before.

But please, for your own sake, don't go to open-source conferences. Please.

What Uni?
I plan on majoring in CS and your academic environment sounds like the right one to train my brain.

Never seen that in Germany too.
There's the fair share of neckbeards in Metal t-shirts but that's about it.

Why would you use JavaScript to make a phone call?

Don't worry, no one believes you anyway.

You made inaba-chan cry!

>hackathon
Thank you for a new word to filter.

It's some rinky-dinky public school. SUNY University at Buffalo. We're notable for absolutely nothing.

>A computer science major's best networking event to get a 6 digit starting salary job.
>hurr filteredddd nuMale XD

I avoid hackathons so I wouldn't have to help some dipshit startup develop their software for free, and now I'm getting 75k starting to pen test digital electronics when I graduate. Hackthons a shit.

The people at hackathons are toxic. They will blame everything else but themselves when shit doesn't go their way (ie take it to Twitter or other social media) and will constantly feel like they need to be validated in some form or another. These people never grew up out of high school and their lives will spiral once their shitty little startup selling a niche gadget or software will be obsolete without a year or two. Misery loves company.

Go to a real industry event where adults talk about real world shit.

They do the same shit.
Take a look in the list of videos,there is always some idiots pushing agenda.
I was mostly surprised by the BSD core speaker and his morals.
>youtube.com/watch?v=Ib7tFvw34DM
>youtube.com/user/linuxconfau2017/videos?disable_polymer=1

Don't worry, I'm not trying to convince you anyway

Yeah and I got a job offer from Bloomberg for 129k starting because I implemented a portable ZFS-like storage system on unreliable file systems at a Hackathon. Your validation a shit.

>I wouldn't have to help some dipshit startup develop their software for free

Said like someone who actually has no idea what a Hackathon is. You realize you go in with your own idea and a group? Or you could work solo like I did? You don't even need to present just wait for recruiters to ask what you're working on.

Vegans are the original archfags.

Fuck off asshole.
I want to be in the screen cap, upside down.
Also, hail golden dawn.

>>"im vegan too" he says and joins them in discussion
>>they keep talking about veganism for the rest of the break
fucking kek

>except one guy used GNU/Linux
What other options are there?

>>"im vegan too"

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Thanks for the laughs dude.
>he doesn't know about the OpenGL license

I told you to go, bump before I read the thread.

I heard Nekopara is getting an anime.

Fair enough, but your events sound a lot better than the ones around me. Congratulations on the job!

>openGL licence

>Plz don't go to open source conferences, pls
t. Macroshat employee

hoooooly shit

>>some guy from Microshaft talks for half an hour about how MS is the biggest contributor to open-sores and how they're not the bad guys

>>"uuuuhhhh....well....im not an expert at this...but you have, for example theee...openGL...i think"

clearly that MS rep is a retard too, because he thinks it's actually worth his time to "convince" these retards who will never write any software how they should feel towards Microsoft

just wow

my sides

read this 3x thank you OP, you sound like a cool guy

sounds like a gommunism convention

This is what you get when you stop gatekeeping and indulge normalfags

thats just the SJW infection thats everywhere.

if you want to avoid it, try going to events for more autistic/difficult topics.
its not completely avoidable, even then you get a few sjw lunatics and quite a few people that pander to them, but its not as bad.
just look at the difference between cppcon and pycon, jscon, or whatever
any topic even a little related to progressive junk quickly turns into an autistic technical discussion.

i was at a stallman event and it was cringey as fuck as well

dude actually started shaving his neckbeard a bit with a pocket knife and brought hardcopy SICP with him

sounds fun.
did you get to take some beard home as a souvenir

>dude actually started shaving his neckbeard a bit with a pocket knife and brought hardcopy SICP with him
OP here
10/10 would go

Having a hard copy of SICP is a sure sign of functional autism (no pun intended)

>openGL

I played Doom in 1993 and this gif is so fucking satisfying, I want to hug anyone who made it.

HOLY SHIT MAN I WAS THERE. I'm even mentioned in the story as:
>the purple sjw stars talking to some guy about how she is vegan
(I am the guy)

anyways, i agree with all your points and wanna meet you and talk about gnu and sing the free software song. if you want to, contact 'thinkpad guy'. he was kinda organisator

normies get out reeee

Microsoft Build and Apple Developers Conference doesn't have this problem.