What's gonna be the next big thing in the world of technology?

What's gonna be the next big thing in the world of technology?

My invention.

this is the gayest mousepad i have ever seen. one of those anime oppai pads would have been a far better choice than that disgusting meme.

There is no next big thing
The Internet was the final big thing

Either quantum computing or general AI. Everything leading up to either is going to be super incremental.

If quantum computing is possible it will just be a better supercomputer for computational chemistry

It will have 0 noticeable impact on the average person's life

just like the first computer had little impact for the average persons life. doesnt mean it will have little impact when they are improved

I don't get it. Loli dresses?

> being this shortsighted

Hopefully an EMP that causes a paradigm shift where electronics will never work again. Sure, 90% of humanity will die, but I won't have to deal with "people" who like Rick and Morty.

The impact of personal computers was underestimated because the extent to which people use information in their daily lives was underestimated.

But people don't use quantum information in their daily lives AT ALL.

dubya dubya dubya dawt com wackoopedoia slash list of emerging technologies you fucking cunt

user you need to check your brain
If quantum computing will be able to help us with scientific development, say decoding genes, then all people will benefit from it drastically. The computation itself doesnt have to be the consumerist pursuit, but the technology that follows will certainly the world

Gas chambers

I said it would be good for computational chemistry, bit it won't be "the next big thing" because only tech-inclined people will know that it exists. The average person will never know or care about decoding genes.
People don't even know where their food comes from for Christ sake

Not VR nor AR

Blockchain for currencies and asset management.

omni direction case fans+rgb

direct comunication between human and computer (a la GitS)

I want quantum computers to draw cute lolis for me.

So, who ruined this? I've only ever seen it in the episode, but everyone on Sup Forums seems to think it was run into the ground.

Are ya'll just fucking redditards or something?

Go to YouTube and search Rick and Morty cringe.

normies

Temporary suicide

What is that crap?

Self driving cars are the next wave, widespread consumer accepted VR next. Then after a major self driving car accident the tech will be supplemented by remote chauffeurs using VR.

So kind of real doll with a loli AI for all you shut ins.

Just looked it up. Pretty dumb. Also, not something I would have ever seen had I not specifically searched for it. I think others must be doing something wrong if their getting shit like this in their feeds.

I still think the episode is great, and the joke is funny. Hopefully I can continue living in my bubble where it hasn't been run into the ground.

Sexbots

stop under estimating it
>what is the probability i get cancer from smoking this cigarette

how can you have air blowing in all directions tho

Elaborate on what you mean by technology. Do you mean computers? or something more broad

Fucking idiot. Just take quantum out of the first sentence and look how fucking stupid you look.

I hope fans like this get burned alive

>if computing is possible it will just be a better supercomputer for computational chemistry

GPUs that ship with Szechuan sauce

judging by the uniforms I think they represent Soviet and American ships

yeah like nukes and nuclear energy, 0 impact, what do we average people care about that shit

Something useless pandering to normalfags and the "le aesthetics" crowd

It was underestimated until word processing became a thing brainlet.
Quantum computers will revolutionize science and knowledge first, then the general population shortly after

Not AI. That stuff is at least 10+ years away (assuming the world doesn't wake up to the fact that any half-decent AI needs to know more about you than your wife).

In the next three years:

Blockchain
Solar Energy x1000000000
A new realization for digital literacy after the majority population realizes just how badly Facebook dropped the ball in the 2016 election

technical singularity, realistically speaking.

For cumsumers, probably AR/VR
For IT definitely the blockchain

>Facebook dropped the ball
I want to hear more about this.

motherboard controls the airflow