1070Ti

Will this be worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

eteknix.com/gtx-1070-ti-cant-overclocked
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137092
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Prob not it's just nvidia milking Pascal until it's dry.

how are we supposed to know

Probably not. At least for the first 3-4 weeks after it comes out.

It's a locked GPU. You cannot overclock it.

Doesn't seem worth it at all. If you're willing to pay the extra for the ti variant then why not save a little bit more and get a 1080 that will likely see you for longer and has better performance?

just buy a 1080 you fucking fag

Yes it will be worth it, it will perfrom like 5% worse than the GTX 1080 and will cost only like 30$ more than the 1070

lewd idiot

something something bandwidth

5% worse than a reference 1080 maybe, but a lot more once you consider that it has no overclocking or boost, whereas the 1080 does. Nvidia don't give anything away for free.

I guess the 1080 will be the better pick, because this one will be sold out everywhere.
The 1070 also has no OC, but no one buys reference cards. Just get a nice custom design and enjoy a silent OC card that doesn't run at 90°.

It has a max boost clock of 1683. it's gimpvidia at it's best

Thats the exact same clock of the 1070. Are you retarded and can't OC by yourself?

Say it with me:
No overclocking
Top clockspeed of 1683

You can't oc the 1070ti dumbass.

>pipecleaner product

Buy this if you're an infantile dullard.

Why? What is the difference to any other Pascal cards, you can OC them. Voltage is locked at 1.09 V.

hey thats my thing.

Which 1070 should I get friends?

really non of em unless this thing is near 400 and a power sipper. Go for a 1080 or a vega 56 instead.

The one with the best user reviews that you can afford and you're sure will fit in your case.

But the 1080 is almost $200 dollaridoos more and I'm already pushing budget
There aren't any particular brands to look out for?

Then be lucky. In my country 1070 and 80 are 50 € price difference. 1070s are overpriced due to miners.

>The 1070 also has no OC

What? Of course it does, you retard. We're not talking about Pascal's lack of headroom or thermal throttling, we're talking about overclocking literally being disabled on the 1070 Ti. All cards will be locked to one clock speed.

eteknix.com/gtx-1070-ti-cant-overclocked

>lucky
lmao its not that our 1070 hasn't been pushed up due to miners, its that it was overpriced even without them. $650 average

$500usd+ once miners buy them all
And?

Pascall is actually a really good arch unlike maxwell and kepler which had their own issues

>There aren't any particular brands to look out for?

Not really. 3rd-party chinese shit should be abvoided, obviously.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137092

This one is my personal choice if you're not going to be attempting to overclock heavily. There really is no substitute for having a small card when it comes to building your rig, as you run no risk of blocking your sata ports or anything else a long card might make difficult.

The way I understand that bit is not that OC will be literally impossible, but rather that there won't be any reference models and all manufacturers have to ship their custom cards with NVIDIA's stock clocks. You could still OC them yourself.

Thats look like a "rumor" site, but I don't expect this to be true. NVIDIA is just dumping their GP104 stock. They don't care about the 1080s as the previously fastest card anymore.

Otherwise, you can't buy it anyway. Wait until the release then decide on the price / performance ratio and avaiability.

Is there even a way to lock clockspeeds to a maximum in the BIOS? And why should they do that? The 1080 is still more powerful and you can overclock both.

No idea, but I'm sure NVIDIA would be able to implement one if they wanted to, so even if there isn't one in current cards, it doesn't mean there won't be in newer ones.

No

Why wopuld Nvidia want people overclocking their 1070's to 1080 speeds? They are not AMD. Leather jacket man has to earn money to buy new jackets somehow you know :)

nvidia said that 1070ti wont be overclocked at all since its literally a rebranded 1080 with a lower clock

so maxwell has its issues

but pascal that its just a dis shirnk of maxwell is better
kek

my 1080 doesnt have any issues

the reference ones did and the launch drivers where terrible

all fixed now glad i waited

this

its the same reason amd locked vega 56 and 64 down so they couldnt catch up to the liquid cooled

my 1080 oc nudges a stock Ti

after buying the FTW3 1080ti. i must say i am a bit dissapointed.

if i leave it at stock, it auto clocks to 1911mhz.

if i OC it. it goes up a whole fucking 65mhz and generates a lot more heat.

so i just run it at stock. i dont even have EVGA precision installed.

kinda dissapointed.

wew mine sat at 1800ish on boost stock and i can make it sit on 2ghz and it goes up to 2.1 no additional heat really

silicon lottery

depends on the pricing and supplies

>10% faster than 1070
>10% slower than 1080
>artificially limited to always stay below 1080 clocks

nobody needs this

Source?

rofl, i thought it was only Intel that did this kind of artificial segmentation

Will it lower the price of the 1070? If not and it's priced right between the 1070 and 1080, it's DOA. Might as well go for 1080 then.

You're stupid if you think intel are the only people who artificially segment their products. Ever gone to buy a new car? Same shit.

Artificial segments aren't always bad for the consumer

Why not just get a 1080..