Why are zippo lighters, or lighters that look like this, are soo damn fascinating

Why are zippo lighters, or lighters that look like this, are soo damn fascinating

also, lighter thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mKHQrZNwLcA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigarette_smoking_for_weight_loss
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21491296
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2904480/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Autism.

Yesteryear's fidget spinner

As cool as they look and feel, they need to be refueled so often

I often see vintage lighters like this in antique store windows, and want to buy them. But I don't smoke, and I never use my zippo anyway, so there's no point

Time to start smoking. Never too late.

dupont

Great but the fuel literally evaporates away in a few days. Be prepared to refuel it often.

Sadly this. If you don't use a lighter regularly and are planning to carry a zipo to whip out on those rare occasions, don't even bother

I really wanted to like zippos but you pretty much have to smoke on a regular basis to even justify using one.

You'll lose all your fuel in two weeks or less even if you don't use it. the room you store it in will always smell of fuel.
if you carry it around you will always smell of fuel

I don't even know how they can still use windproof as a marketing gimmick, they're a far shot away from modern windproof lighters.

That is just straight up not true. I use it everyday and keep my extra fuel right next to my lighter. It does not smell like fuel. The shit is volatile as fuck the smell lasts seconds.

I have a Zippo also but I'm mostly using a Colibri since it has an integrated cigar puncher.

>tfw my bic lighter outlasts your pocket-ingot

If I smoked cigarettes I'd just use something like this since it's convenient.

I can smell lighter fuel on people all the time that carry zippos in their pocket. maybe its from spills when they fill it every couple days
I keep a zippo in my tool box and when I put it away with fuel in it the box smells like a gas can for two weeks.

I don't know how you can even attempt to make the argument that the fuel is volatile as fuck, but it doesn't make its surrounding area smell like fuel. The thing will evaporate all its fuel in just a few weeks bro

i want one of them electric arc lighters, anyone have one of those? thoughts?

yu can't smoke weed with a zippo very well. Zippos are windproof and you can set them up to be a torch to cook out in the wild and shit, but you're better off getting a more modern butane lighter if that's what u need.

All memes aside I use an ST Dupont lighter and it's absolutely fucking amazing.

The butane doesn't leak (I can leave it in a desk for 2 years and it will still light). It's virtually impervious to wind. The ability to change both the flame height and the flame width is very useful if you smoke cigars. I like the ping.

Clippers all fucking day

Built to last (refillable, replaceable flint, replaceable flint stick)
Aesthetically pleasing
Ergonomically pleasing (cylinder, flint wheel is pentagonal rather than round)
Different colours / designs
Cheap enough (easily replaceable)

Just such good quality all round

Zippo's are cool, classic and all, I've bought so many of them, but they're shite, refilling it all the fuckin time, flame is inconsistent and unstable, stinking of lighter fluid, and honestly you just look like a douche
They're the fedora of lighters, rare that you see someone pull it off

I also like mini blowtorch lighters, and other novelties but they're mostly desk/bed/bathroom lighters, wouldn't want to bring it out and lose it

What about the cancer?

My personal collection

>the destroyed apple charger in the background

Is that a fidget spinner inside of it?

this lol

>not carrying a stick of flint around

that wheel sucks so fucking bad though. pretty hard to even light the thing with its edgy sides.

a challenger appears.

white bics are bad luck in certain circles

Get back plebs

>let me wait 10 seconds for my shitty chink gimmick to heat up

Or you can just use a zippo or even a bic lighter that's instant and that you don't have to aim your cigarette or whatever into.

Show us the back of them bics.

Only in the American versions of those circles, need I remind you that simply mentioning a house is haunted can drop the value by upto a third in USA.
Superstitous crazy folk in America.

Without that retarded child block horseshit, you'd have a point.

It takes like two seconds to do and is part of the ritual of getting a new lighter you fucking mang.
1. remove child safety shit
2. peel off sticker
3. bask at glory of new BIC

>all memes aside

You own a erasure worth more than some cars on the road

OUT... GET OUT OUT OF HERE !

what the fuck are you two talking about what child block

Just looked this up, why are these things like $800?

>he doesnt use a spark gapped plasma lighter that charges via USB

i thought this was Sup Forums....

The metal thing over the striker wheel. I prefer it on

I non ironicly use a zippo

primitive technology is still Sup Forums

also you cant shrink heatshrink with plasma thats why

Zippos have plenty of uses besides smoking: fireworks, flashlight, survival gear, and arson (always a classic)

Wait so do they actually work?

Why would you take a zippo camping? You'd need to take fuel as well if you're gone more than two days

Well not Zippos by name, but like Austrian army lighters make a shit ton of Sparks when out of fuel. My boyscout lore engrained in my outdoors compulsive worries tell me to bring a bic, a Zippo, waterproof matches, and some sort of char cloth or high end tinder. I don't bother with Flint and steel, that's really hard to direct Sparks, a Zippo can do that with a flick of your thumb concentrated into a single spot that can be jammed with tinder. Works well if you add a touch of lip balm or cooking grease or like, you know lighter fluid. Just vapors help.

>I end up just using regular long matches 90% of the time. Or if I'm honest, those long bitch lighters I use to light candles in jack o lanterns.

>he doesnt want to die
what a normie

looks cool
but they make the most annoying high pitched sound. everyone in the room will notice when you light up.
youtube.com/watch?v=mKHQrZNwLcA

I have this one

what manner of satan are you?

Someone that doesn't fall for memes that make the lighter more fragile and not strike as reliably

I have a 1941 replica. Looks great, sounds so good but fuck me I need to refill it every other day. Also is the wick meant to last like 3 days before I have to pull some more up or am I doing something wrong there

>strike as reliably
explain please

You need so much force to defeat the child mechanism so it ensures you do it hard enough

>let me wait 10 seconds
after 10 seconds the wires will probably burn out. A wire as thin as that only needs a second to heat up.

Bics are way more reliable in a survival situation. Windproof my ass

LOL. It's as if he doesn't have holes in his denim.

>not using the official lighter of Sup Forums
>cant recharge his lighter
>cant light up in the wind

I saw you in an fa edc a while back and people were making fun of your expensive eraser. Fill me in a little. What makes it so great

fuck these. they dont last at all.

do these work, or are these a meme?

also cant use on a fucking bowl. enjoy your cancer, fags

these are legit
you can use it for fucking ages before having to recharge and it recharges quick as fuck

lets discuss marijuana vs tobacco for a while
I don't really like the way marijuana smells so if I had to use it to cure cancer then I would probably take rick simpsons and vaporize it.
But I do occasionally like smoking tobacco very seldomly because I like the way certain blends smell. I only smoke like once or twice a month or so because I like the feeling it gives me and I don't want to be dependent on it.

I just hate that I fill it up and in a week the lighter fluid is gone. I don't even light it.

>implying burning anything and inhaling the ashes and chemicals is good for you

stop being such a fucking tool, you degenerate. there's more to life than huffing a burning plant several hours a week.

>why is this thing that was extremely heavily marketed for years so cool

hmmmmmm

real conundrum here op

As if Bics are better.

fucking thief

That is some awful laser etching.

That's a jewish meme.

Nicotine blocks estrogen and helps fight off obesity by making your metabolism consume 600kcals extra a day.

Only bad goyim would do that.

When you erase something with it, you can hear the screams of every poorfag in existence.

>Nicotine blocks estrogen and helps fight off obesity by making your metabolism consume 600kcals extra a day
[citation needed]

Seriously, you are pulling this out of your ass.

You won't have to pull anything out of your ass, ever. Nicotine makes your metabolism run at 100% efficiency, making pooping a thing of the past.

"Weight gain as a side effect of smoking cessation remains a major aspect of smoking and weight control. People can be discouraged by weight gain experienced while quitting smoking. Weight gain is a common experience during smoking cessation, with roughly 75% of smokers gaining weight after quitting.[32] As nicotine is an appetite suppressant and smokers expend more energy, weight gain due to smoking cessation is generally attributed to increased caloric intake and a slowed metabolic rate.

Weight gain can be a deterrent in the smoking cessation process, even if many smokers did not smoke for weight control purposes.[33] Those in the process of quitting smoking are recommended to follow a healthy diet and to exercise regularly.[34] Most quitting advice encourages people to not be discouraged should they experience weight gain while quitting smoking, as the health benefits of quitting almost always exceed the costs of weight gain. Studies have shown that weight gain during the smoking cessation process can often be lost eventually through diet and exercise."

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigarette_smoking_for_weight_loss

"Nicotine addiction produces diverse physiological effects common to both men and women because of activation of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. In addition to these effects, nicotine reduces circulating estrogen (the female sex hormone) levels and leads to early onset of menopause in women."
"Nicotine as an Anti-estrogen/Anti-aromatase
Nicotine has been shown to inhibit the conversion of androstenedione and testosterone into estrogen in a study by the University of Utah School of medicine. Also unlike novadex or clomid nicotine is a true anti estrogen and not just an estrogen blocker. By this I mean that nicotine actually speeds up the degradation of blood estrogen levels. So nicotine causes a reduction in estrogen production and also decreases existing estrogen levels."

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21491296

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2904480/

"Nicotine Blocks Brain Estrogen Synthase (Aromatase): In Vivo Positron Emission Tomography Studies in Female Baboons"

The meme runs deep, so this might come off as shocking.

Also, marijuana has opposite effects, it increases estrogen levels.

Do your research.

interesting, so vaping with nicotine liquid would be an alternative to PCT

You know what else can make you lose weight? AIDS, cocaine, chemotherapy. If it kills you, it's not a viable weight loss strategy.

I'd rather be a hot 20 year old than a fat 90 year old

PCT?

And yes, you'd get nicotine vaping, to get the full effects, you should use e-liquid with full tobacco alkaloids.

Ever wondered how demonized tobacco is and how "cool and edgy" weed is? Doesn't look media biased on this one? weed is practically (((socially accepted))).

Good submissive goyim = weed (estrogen)
Bad manly goyim = tobacco (testosterone)

Bet you enjoy your aspartame ridden food.

>not vaping with a box mod purely for cost/convenience
>not vaping your weed for max stealth, cost efficency and left over product for edibles
>not using a hookah for social gatherings

Why you you need anything besides a cheap Bic for shrink tubing and fireworks? Having an open flame near your mouth is anti/g/.

>muh weeeeeeeeeed

Cucked, estrogen-fueled beta.

There's nothing less manly then being afraid of chemicals. Your paranoid is cucking you out of enjoying life. Besides, I'm a nigger so I already have a healthy supply of T whiteboi. I only gotta worry about esteogen getting on muh dick, kek.

post cycle therapy, so replacement for clomid/novaldex after taking anabolic steroids

Smelly dumb, nigger scum.
>i have t becuz muh jewish teacher showd me dat an african nigguh has more t compared to a modern day metabolically rekt american that stuffes his belly with aspartame shit in a plastic xenoestrogened bottle

You're probably wrecked inside due to shit eating habits and you go as far as taking up estrogen fueled weed willingly.

You're a fucking cuck.

>BUT MUH DICK
>MUH PUCCI
"An analysis of data on replies to contact attempts on the OKCupid dating service stated among other results that "Black women reply the most, yet get by far the fewest replies. Essentially every race—including other blacks—singles them out for the cold shoulder", "White women prefer white men to the exclusion of everyone else—and Asian and Hispanic women prefer them even more exclusively. These three types of women only respond well to white men. More significantly, these groups’ reply rates to non-whites is terrible", and " Whatever it is, white males just get more replies from almost every group." However, the examined groups had been selected to have equal physical attractiveness as determined by a "picture-rating utility" which may have ruled out physical attractiveness as an explanation except for the possible effect of skin color.[6]"

cont.

>peel off sticker
and have sticky glue collecting dirt and shit?

"Several other studies of dating services have found a strong preference for white males on the part of white females. According to a 2011 study by Gerald Mendelsohn on over a million dating website profiles "more than 80 percent of the online dating contacts initiated by whites were to other whites, with only 3 percent going to blacks. This trend held for both men and women, young and old. Although black participants initiated contact to members of their own race more than to whites, they were ten times more likely to contact whites than vice versa, according to the study." [7] Another massive study of online daters found that "Over 90% of white women who state a racial preference prefer not to date East Indians, Middle Easterners, Asians, and blacks. White men with stated racial preferences, in contrast, only prefer not to date one group at levels above 90%: black women." Furthermore, "One of the most striking findings is that white women who describe themselves as slim, slender, athletic, fit or average are nearly seven times as likely to exclude black men as dates as women who describe themselves as thick, voluptuous, a few extra pounds, or large." [8]

Studies of speed dating events have found similar results. According to a 2006 study, "Women strongly discriminate on the basis of race. They are more than 14 percentage points more likely to accept a partner of their own race. Given the underlying Yes Rate of 38 percent, this is a large effect. Men, on the other hand, do not exhibit a significant racial preference." [9] Another study found "While men at HurryDate events are strongly attracted to women who are thin, young, attractive, and of a similar race, women strongly prefer men who are physically attractive, tall, young, of medium build, and of a similar race. Women’s preferences are not strongly determined by a single trait, but, collectively, their preferences are driven by appearance." [10] "

kys shitskin

not him, but every bic ever that was missing the front part was because of a botched child safety removal. the willies you get when you go to spin wheel wrong way are terrible. just leave child lock on, thumblet and quit breaking lighters

Just buy an automatic refiller machine.

Aspartame has been banned in many countries. I don't know what aspartame has to do with weight loss strategies.

Do you realize you can achieve weight loss in ways which don't kill you or shorten your life significantly?

You bash tobacco comparing it to coke and stuff, when you probably eat worse things.

Aspartame is known to produce cancer.

>Aspartame has been banned in many countries.

Not in Europe or america

>You bash tobacco comparing it to coke and stuff, when you probably eat worse things.
Amazing telepathic abilities. I'm sure you will be able to prove that.
>Aspartame is known to produce cancer.
Great. You can chose not to buy foods which include it.

see If him isn't you, then I take it back.

>Great. You can chose not to buy foods which include it.

And you can choose not to smoke, what's the point?

>not just vaping your nicotine

the current state of Sup Forums

My teampistol Zippo knockoff I bought in 2012 finally wore out it's first flint. Was using it with my bong out of laziness the last half a year because it's my last resort lighter. It's probably unhealthy as fuck to inhale a can of Zippo fluid in a few months along with my weed.

>he doesn't know about coffee+cigarette combo
Guaranteed poop in the following 5 minutes. It's probably only an Italian thing, idk

Yeah, but those weight loss strategies don't look cool

>It's probably only an Italian thing, idk
It is

We'll try it then, nigger.
"Caffè e paglia", if you are with young people from the north, it's a god-like way to start the day after breakfast

I got this nigga made enough to write a novel off a shitpost. Low t indeed whiteboi.

No, faggot, you misunderstand. Coffee and a cigarette aren't only an italian thing, the pooping is. I run at maximum efficiency