What extensions do you use to make Gnome not a flaming piece of shit?

What extensions do you use to make Gnome not a flaming piece of shit?

Xfce

kde
gnome needs to be forked before it will be not a flaming piece of shit

Cinnamon

Dash to Panel
No Topleft Hot Corner

Unity

Rest in peace

MATE

TopIcons- oh wait those don't even work anymore in 3.26 even with the extension BAHAHAHAHAHAHA GNOME FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Sudo apt-get remove

budgie
gnome 3 made as gnome 2
perfection

This.

Does need some optimization in a few manners though, but it's closed to pull requests for what I want changed at the moment, I'll just wait until hes done rebuilding it.

What kind of app is gnome?

GNOME is alright. It has a workflow which implements an active keybord usage plus workspace It's file manager is amazingly bad though.
The Pixel Saver extension is great. It hides GNOME's huge titlebars and puts window buttons in the shell. This + Adwaita tweaks theme are enough to make GNOME usable for me.

I also like the theme. I prefer using Dash To Panel instead of Pixel Saver though. The default panel is extremely useless.

Dash to Panel is enough for me.
Gnome 3.26 really fixed up mutters performance issues, now its really fast and snappy.

KDE or Xfce

Not much. Recent GNOME is so good (in normie terms).

both of these

>KDE or Xfce
In to trash.

the problem with all desktop environments in Linux are the amount of space each widget occupies. you can notice this when you switch over to Windows or OS X, where the screen real estate seems bigger and less cluttered

gnome is especially bad at this, can't speak for KDE, but i suspect it isn't all that different

What? GNOME is the only Linux desktop environment with this issue. MacOS is the second worst offender. Rest are all quite equal depending on how they're setup. Windows 10 has quite large titlebars but integrate stuff within them nicely.

haven't tried xfce or kde lately, but from what i see they aren't all that different.

all i ever use linux is for programming these days, and i really don't use it for anything else since it sucks for everything else.

Freon
>Shows CPU temperature, disk temperature, video card temperature (NVIDIA/Catalyst/AMDGPU/Bumblebee&NVIDIA), voltage and fan RPM

No Topleft Hot Corner
>This extension disables the top left hot corners.

For a moment I was prepared to argue with you but you ended up being just another retard. Linux has the tools to maximize the efficiency of your screen estate while MacOS and Windows force you to use whatever is given. I have a Macbook Pro but I absolutely loathe the OS. I don't understand the circlejerk around it. It's not beautiful nor is it consistent. It might look that way to a normie but in reality, it's a huge inconsistent mess.

And by the way, I have probably a higher salary than you by using GNU/Linux as my main OS. Besides programming you can do graphics work (I do just fine professionaly with GIMP/Krita) and 3d & animation with Blender. Gaming is also far better than it's ever been, surpassing MacOS. I consider gaming a hobby of mine, yet the current state of Linux gaming completely satisfies my needs.