C++ SCIENTIFICALLY PROVED TO BE THE MOST BUG-PRONE LANGUAGE

sepplesfags on suicide watch

Other urls found in this thread:

cacm.acm.org/magazines/2017/10/221326-a-large-scale-study-of-programming-languages-and-code-quality-in-github/fulltext
robert.ocallahan.org/2017/07/confession-of-cc-programmer.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cacm.acm.org/magazines/2017/10/221326-a-large-scale-study-of-programming-languages-and-code-quality-in-github/fulltext

whats your point?

my point is that c++ is the shittiest programming language in existence

Static type fags on suicide watcher,clojure less bug prone language, muh type system,muh T
DD

Which all non-meme softwares are written.
Now show me any relevant project with these "most secure languages"

and the majority of websites is written in php. majority of people use mediocre languages, no fucking shit

>Now show me any relevant project with these "most secure languages"
a large part of Twitter's backend, GitHub, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Lichess, and a whole lot of internal services in large companies

It's bug-prone because it allows deep access to exactly what the programmer writes. A shitty programmer will also make a shitty program.

Reminder that antivirus are meant to make environments more "secure" and they only proxy things that non-retard users wouldn't click or download. Post your IQ along with the next C++ hate post.

>A shitty programmer will also make a shitty program.
C++ has nothing but shitty programmers then
robert.ocallahan.org/2017/07/confession-of-cc-programmer.html

>Post your IQ along with the next C++ hate post.

more importantly:
>functional programming wins

I like regression analysis. Love seeing confidence intervals.

All my clojure commits are really simple learning repositories.

So are my c++ commits though :(

oh but its the fastest

>muh speed fetish
typical Sup Forums novice programmer

if you're programming for anything besides fun or experiments then speed and functionality come above all else, two things which c/c++ excel at

not really. most software doesn't require more performance than managet languages on the JVM or the CLR give, hence the dominant position of Java and C# in the "not fun or experiments" aka enterprise market

I always see people say this but I've never actually seen a program that people use written in one.

>Objective-C 0.15
lmfao applelcucks on suicide watch

Rust (0.00) (0.00)

Mind citing the research paper?
I would like to read it.

that would be a pretty bad result for a language that tries that hard to be safe and bug free

see

Why isnt Rust on this list?
Cucks afraid it would win by miles?

>tfw you clojure masterrace

>dominant position of Java and C#
lol this meme again

no one fucking uses c#, java has been and is continuing to be used less and less

Microsoft doesn't even use C#.

"One should take care not to overestimate the impact of language on defects. While the observed relationships are statistically significant, the effects are quite small. Analysis of deviance reveals that language accounts for less than 1% of the total explained deviance."

Severity of the impact of bugs matter far more. That's why non memory safe languages and non explicitly+statically typed languages suck.

Go to any government/bank/whatever else big company that isnt software oriented, look at the software and what it's made in. We'd all love for software to not be C# and Java, but thats what corporations use in-house for every single fucking thing. C#(usually with asp.net)/Java. Get out of your basement once in a while, get a job or something

job offers on indeed.com:
>c#
>java
>c++

Programming languages with less handholding means sometimes doing more mistakes.
Who fucking knew

>used more by amatures that most other languages
>used more in general than most other languages
>the most bugs
No shit

>hurr durr it's actually good that sepples is shit. only real men use it

>used more by amatures that most other languages
wasn't that Java with all the pajeet meming? C++ users seem to see themselves as superhumans
>used more in general than most other languages
that's false. Java, C and Python are more popular
also the results are obviously normalized, so it doesn't matter which language gets used more

That's because C++ is for intellectuals and not pajeets.

Now I wouldn't go that far
Python still exists

>empiricism
>science
Choose one

so intellectuals are dummer than pajeets ?

By definition, no.

because functional programming only works if all you do is transform data. As soon as you do IO it basically turns into imperative code again.

>robert.ocallahan.org/2017/07/confession-of-cc-programmer.html
Any person that talks about C/C++ as if it's a single language is not to be taken seriously.