Considering the 8700K beats the entire Ryzen 3 5 and 7 lineup in both single and multicore performance...

Considering the 8700K beats the entire Ryzen 3 5 and 7 lineup in both single and multicore performance, and that Zen 2 is just going to be a mild clock bump, are AMD totally fucked now?

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/news-story/intel-will-no-longer-disclose-multi-core-turbo-boost-frequencies.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They were never unfucked, Ryzen was garbage on release.

This.

>just going to be a mild clock bump

Try harder. Amd has the better architecture, this Frankenstein of a CPU (that u can't even buy lmao) isn't royally fucking anything.

>It can't even beat the7700K
HAHAHAHAHAH
OH I'M LAFIN

Still waiting for something to upgrade from my 4690k.

Considering Ryzen's lack of performance and continued instability issues, AMD are going to have a very tough time winning consumer trust. I'll stick to Intel platforms personally.

>that u can't even buy lmao
It's sitting in my PC right now :^)

Works great on my machine.

I agree, Coffee Lake was another great product launch from Intel, I'm not sure where any of the Ryzen processors even fit in the market right now. Intel has AMD bear in terms of performance at all price points, I'll be using an Intel platform in my next build for sure.

>tfw my 6700k OC still matches or beats the 7700k and 8700k

Literally no point to Kaby or Coffee Lake.

You can't get the latest Coffee Lake features on Skylake.

Ryzen is considerably cheaper, so for a price to performance metric AMD is superior.

>b-but you have to have the most powerful processor!
Then why would you buy an 8700K?

Very impressive that 8700K so convincingly beats 1800X, I may have to purchase one in the future.

What meme features are on coffee lake

>Considering the 8700K beats the entire Ryzen 3 5 and 7 lineup in both single and multicore performance

No it doesn't you fucking idiot, and doesn't take into account the 1700 is much cheaper and will overclock easily to 3.9

The abosolute state of inlel shills

50% more cores and multithreaded performance amongst other things.

What prized features am I missing out on?

And don't even try to tell me about the joke that is Optane.

>Then why would you buy an 8700K?
No point upgrading atm. New coffeelake idles at 90+ deg C.

We need Ryzen to get affordable performance boosts from Intel.

See the graph here

The graph literally shows a stock 8700K getting the same score as a 3.9GHz 1800X, you really think a 1700 is any competition?

I still have a 3570k and I don't feel any need to upgrade.

see

It is competition you stupid fuck, why get a 8700k when you get a 1700 for cheaper and overclock it? Plus AMD doesn't jizz as thermal paste, so you have that advantage of not having to delid

>new coffeelake idles at 90+ deg C.

This isn't true, and the use of a paste TIM instead of solder is actually a great choice, it offers much better durability and resistance to hot and cold cycles over time. It's why you constantly hear about soldered AMD processors going bad, no issues like that on an Intel platform.

>It's why you constantly hear about soldered AMD processors going bad
This is the first time I have heard of it.

>why get a 8700k when you get a 1700 for cheaper and overclock it
Why would you want to spend slightly less money for a CPU that is massively slower? Check the graph, even an overclocked 1700 is 24% slower.

>instability issues
FUD

>Zen 2 is just going to be a mild clock bump

>12nm process
>slight clock bump

>overclocked 1700 is 24% slower.
The 1800x is basically an overclocked 1700 m8 and its still manages to catch up with the the 8700k in multithreading. Now tell me, how much are the Intel motherboards and processors compared to Ryzen motherboards and processors?

>8700K
>MCE enabled
discarded

>Why would you want to spend slightly less money for a CPU that is massively slower?
So why would you buy an 8700K when you could buy an 7960X?

Zeppelin is in "good enough" territory for desktops, but AMD is really out for blood with their Raven Ridge (or whatever the fuck it's called now) APU.

No multi-CCX wankery and threading issues, good enough performance and power efficiency, plus an integrated GPU that's actually halfway decent.

>Broken 8700K reviews
It's almost like reviewers are incompetent

>stock
kek

see
Those high scores are on motherboards with MCE overclocking enabled. Stock my ass.

Bullshit meter at maximum

>This.
There's no way a 8700K is posting 1579 in Cinebench even with MCE on, that's got to be set at 4.9GHz which MCE won't do. Some reviewer is either a shill or a retard, or the guy who made the graph is using OC'd results.

AMD literally already said Zen 2 is going to be nothing special, you're retarded if you're expecting huge gains.

Single core performance and gayming

Then why buy a 8700K? The 7700K is better for those things.

No Zen+ Is what your talking about

How fucking stupid do you have to be to fuck up a Cinebench run? Intel must have sent out binned chips with mobos with a preset OC

Most tech reviewers are dumb asses and are gullible. Just like the people that read them reviews. Guru3D are a bit shit but at least they stated they had MCE turned off when they did their review.

Actual ryzen shill here, my 1700 can't do above 3.8 even when dumping 1.45v into it. Silicon lottery and all that.

That's zen+ you fucking brainlet, zen2 is a total upgrade, zen+ is reducing 14nm to 12nm, which wont have too much new other than lower TDP and most likely slightly better overclocking (TR level overclocking, maybe a tiny bit more)

You really think AMD is going to have anything to beat the 7700K/8700K in single core performance before 2020?

No, neither do i care. I'm not a faggot ass gaymer and i dont support a company fucking me up the ass and making me buy a new mobo every refresh of the same architecture, so i'll stick with amd as long as intel continues every single thing theyre doing. Zen 2 is definitely going to be a nice upgrade from zen, but it probably wont crush intel in IPC, but atleast i know ill be able to put it in my current motherboard whenever the fuck it comes out. Single core performance isnt worth anything unless gayms, and only faggots only care about vidya. (also would like to point out i like overclocking my cpu without having to buy a fucking AIO and delidding it.)

>I'm not a faggot ass gaymer and i dont support a company fucking me up the ass
Ah, you mean you're a fanboy and buy products you know aren't the best because of your retarded ideology, I see.

Enjoy choking on Lisa Su's cock I suppose.

200 dollar performance for 400
gee thanks intel

>fall for the 8700K meme
>100C at stock clocks

>i dont support a company fucking me up the ass and making me buy a new mobo every refresh of the same architecture, so i'll stick with amd as long as intel continues every single thing theyre doing.
Stop being a shill. Im favoring the company that is the most consumer friendly at the moment. If that doesnt please you, off yourself and stop calling out every that doesnt have your mindset a fanboy. Fucking retard

i3 in singles is up there. Really makes you think.

I think Intel is a garbage company too but I'm not about to stop buying their products if they are the best just because I don't like their business practices.

>MCE enabled
>Stock
Kek

>intel
>consumer friendly

Lmao @ ur life f@m

This shill has nothing to say about this. He is creating these threads for a week now, every day. I believe he is just trying to piss ppl off by pretending he is retarded.

DELID THIS

>buy a CPU
>put it in motherboard
>it runs at 4.7 all core without you having to do anything
>'not stock'

Do you piss and shit on reviewers that don't downclock Nvidia cards to account for the overclocking that GPU Boost 3.0 is doing by itself?

ryzen launches
amd compares 1800x to 6900k
shills compare 1800x to 7700k

crematorium lake launches
amd asks to do benchmarks without MCE
literally everyone did with MCE and post it as a norm

MCE is not Intel Turbo Boost 3.0 feature.

But every board you can put a 8700K in supports it, and likely enables it by default.

1635 is not a stock, dipshit.

ASUS enables it by default, Gigabyte doesn't enable by default.

Otherboards needs more confirmation.

So this isn't an intel feature as much as a motherboard feature, or rather motherboard setting, which is auto-overclock.

5GHz Zen2 would be crazy

Shame it wont happen.

I think it's possible on 7nm

I hope so, but I doubt it. 5GHz + some IPC improvement would likely beat Coffee Lake quite handily.

>7700k beating 8700k
INTEL ON SUICIDE WATCH

NO, ya don't say? Wowe, a quad core clocked at 5.1 GHz beats a 6 core clocked at 5 GHz by like five points in single core. I've never seen that before.

IBMnazi science at work here
we might get 4.0 base clock, that alone would murder skylake 5
intel 10nm nowhere to be found and will be slower first generation

Asrock has it disabled by default. MSI in the past has had it enabled by default but I don't know if they're still doing that.

I hope OP gets paid for this, fanatical devotion and terminal retardation isn't a good combination.

>Asrock has it disabled by default
Hitting 'revert to UEFI defaults' on my AssCock Extreme 4 Z370 enables it, so it's on by default for AssCock.

We can all agree the best thing to come from coffeelake is the new budget gaming king, the 8400, right?

>multicore performance
You fucking wish, the extra 2 cores are going to be more useful than clock speed in a lot of situations.

If Ryzen Revision 2 is hitting 4.5ghz average OCs intel is pretty fucked, but current Ryzen could really use a small price drop all around to better compete.

I wonder what was the point rushing it if they can't make mass sales?
It all comes to naught in february when zen+ comes out
wasn't it a better marketing decision to compete against that directly while having enough volume?

you mean *come from Ryzen
and I wouldn't say so

>6c/6t
>locked
>2.8 ghz

>intelshill.png

except for fake reviews with OC, lack of non-Z boards and limited stock?
sure.

crazy kosher spaghetti

maybe when you can buy a budget motherboard to match

It's not that way on the Taichi or Professional gaming boards. Maybe you should update your bios.

8400 is a beast. Wish amd had that mce feature

no they want the 'just wait' crowd. paper launch.

Guess shilling 24/7 on Sup Forums paid off! Good for you! Now you can delid dis!

There was never fake reviews for the 8400, only unlocked chips are affected by mce

I thought that was called "overclocking"

Gamimg benchmarks speak for themselves. Cryzen cant compete if you want a video game console for a pc

intel suddenly changing turbo clock policy is also a simple coincidence

Yea wish ryzen could overclock more than 400mhz too

1600 overclocks 1000Mhz from 3.0 base though

>delid dis!
Pfft, you think temperatures in the mid-90's scare me, kid? Weak.

They never changed it, adordtv is actually retarded and has putrosely mislead a lot of ignorant people. Ryzen fanboys are actually telling people the 8400 wont turbo post 3.2ghz on b motherboards that dont exist because adordtv said so.

>Gamimg benchmarks
fuck off with your fucking games already. Why are gamers so fucking retarded?

I liked how the youtube reviewers with the most subscribers got the MCE enabled by default motherboards and none of them noticed, even Steve from GN who seems to be autistically thorough about shit like that.

>They never changed it
guru3d.com/news-story/intel-will-no-longer-disclose-multi-core-turbo-boost-frequencies.html

Dunno

They beat ryzen on multicore too though

汝应饮卤
That is only applicable to small and narrow dies. Ryzen and Coffee Lake have wide-enough dies for solder to be the better choice.

Show me the prices.

Absolute proof the 1.222v 8400 cant turbo on b and h board right. Adoredtv is still retarded

you get to run in the 90s just after buying it in 6 months it will be 100 degrees and thermal trhottling.
My 4790k took 1.5 year to degrate tim before I had to delid it.(it was running fine in ~75 after purchase).
You should have bought it in kit with delid tool.