Literacy in the USA

I just found the fact 35% of americans can't read. This is just mindblowing.

What caused this?

"Thus, if this bottom quantile of the study is equated with the functionally illiterate, and these are then removed from those classified as literate, then the resultant literacy rate for the United States would be at most 65-85% depending on where in the basic, minimal competence quantile one sets the cutoff."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literacy_in_the_United_States

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/27/illiteracy-rates-australias-national-shame
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

However much we brag about being big, once you take out all the subhumans there are probably only about 60 million actual Americans.

functional doesn't mean can't read
it means reading something like the pill bottle and then test for comprehension
people usually cannot parse for information, more of a critical thinking quality than pure literacy

You don't need to be literate to work at the local factory.
In America, education is reserved for the elite.

That's funny.

Hahaha literally third worlders holy shit

This is on purpose to encourage more driving.
That's the whole point of suburbs.

That's even dumber.

Why would you drive? In America we just walk or ride bikes to get somewhere if it's less than 4 miles, or we take segway.

You don't have to lie to make us look good to the Yuropoors

Yes it is. It's unfortunate fact that urban planning in the USA has been in the lobbying pocket of auto industry from the 40's.

if we applied the same standards to everyone than most countries outside of scandinavia and east asia would be just as bad or worse

that means we all can read some of us just aren't good at it dipshit

its all hicks that never need to do it anyway that are bad at it

>35% of americans can't read
Nice try. It can't be real.

Did you remember to tip the guy who reads the Sup Forums threads for you?

Nice bait.

i see people saying this is bad planning, but think about it.

you will never see a car drive by you dont recognize, there will never be any traffic except for your neighbors. thats pretty tranquil

so only niggers are actually american?

In America, schools in poor areas are super underfunded, leading to a shitty education. This shitty education causes poor people to think education is bad, creating a culture of anti-intellectualism. They, due to being poor, are retards and have a fuck ton of kids, and end up passing this ideology to them.

Only 65% of the population is white

More like 40%, if you factor in what counts as white in America.

>functionally illiterate
>can't read
>Israeli """"eduction""""

If America killed all the niggers I'm sure that would drop by almost 20% and our average IQ score would go up by 3 or 4 points.
But apparently that's illegal or something stupid like that.

It is not stupid
Killing people just so we can look good compared to Europeans is insanity

We don't have to kill them.
>Deportation
Besides we need a better reputation these days

Yeah, but most of America's bad reputation comes from the government, not the retard population.

thats because 35% of Americans arent Americans

they count arabs and latins as "white"

no

But at what cost? Stop trying to justify this horse shit.

>reading
>2016

That's the census. American society does not include them in the fold of whiteness.

i would laugh, but i remembered that my dad is practically illiterate

I'm not surprised. I live in a city where I'm confident that is true. Soon I'll be living in the mountains for work and instead of niggers and Mexicans I'll be surrounded by natives.

Oh joy.

But what if we're killing people to massively lower our crime rates, prison population, healthcare and welfare expenditures, and make our urban areas livable again?

depends how far you want to take the meme. 42% of Australians are functionally illiterate by the same standards

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/27/illiteracy-rates-australias-national-shame

>Average IQ score goes up
HAHAHAHAHA CANT MAKE THIS UP

Can't read English, or can't read at all?

How much of the population is pre-literate children?