Dev team says farewell

>dev team says farewell
>nightlies stopped 2 months ago

mpc-hc.org/2017/07/16/1.7.13-released-and-farewell/

It's dead, Sup Forums

What's our official video player now?

Please don't say VLC because only women use that on their Macbooks.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/mpc_hc/status/886700357346357248
mpv.io
jell.yfish.us/
forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174738
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it has always been mpv you dumb newfag

mpv

smplayer can use mpv as a playback engine

mpv is awful.

only if you're a brainlet

>this shit again.
>inb4 mpv shills with samefagin in full force

I want to try MPV but I want a GUI

I work as a programmer and I don't want my daily video watching life to involve the command line, computers are supposed to make my life easy, that's why I write easy-to-use software for normies for crying out loud

What does Sup Forums recommend?

VLC, mein neger, you won't regret it

mpv

Vlc is where its at

>I'm gay or female

VLC is trash on desktop but fine on Android.

I value my time

mpv opens videos just as vlc does, fag. 1 click.

stop being gay.

Hevc oob?

of course, nigger. it just works. why do you think we actually use it?

I'm on Windows 10 and I moved from mpc-hc to mpv a year ago. No complaints.

lol winfags

Mine has a GUI

It's fine, it's not like it connects to the internet, stop being retarded.

I'd use mpv, but it'd take effort to reconfigure to keybinds I'm used to, so pass.

I've been using PotPlayer for years because it comes with MadVR without having to fuck around with anything. Sorry it's not tryhard enough for you Sup Forums and it just werx so no one uses it here

>it's not like it connects to the internet
But codecs change. It will be obsolete in 2 years. Do you still see anyone using realOne?

Still mpc. Just because the project stopped doesn't mean you can't use the program anymore. Holy fuck, you're such a retard.

People still use utorrent 2.2.1. The competition still needs to catch up.

How come no one is interested in continuing this project? It's the best media player out there right now and it's really shocking no one came forward.
Their last tweet got 5 replies most of which are arab gibberish twitter.com/mpc_hc/status/886700357346357248

By the way will they stop hosting the mpc-related websites in the near future?

Came here to post this.

Don't be retarded use mpv.

>People still use utorrent 2.2.1
the same kind of people who still use windows 7, ie complete fucking retards who don't know what they're doing

>It's the best media player out there right now
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

what is the best then?

>last update 2 months ago
how many updates do you want for a video player you dumb nigger? it just works, all you need to update is madVR

You made this thread again. Why? You didn't get your replies? You shill something, huh?

The best thing about mpv is that it's a brainlet filter. People act like using a command line program or editing a text config file is hard. If you really think mpv is "hard," you should leave Sup Forums. Also, if you don't regularly use at least one (1) other command line program, you should leave Sup Forums.

The problem with mpv users on Sup Forums is that they're trying too hard to fit in, same as Arch users who post their riced desktops in desktop threads. STFU, OK? I came from work three hours ago, microwaved my meal and just want to watch my anime and do some lifting before sleep. I _don't_ want to set up mpv for that, have enough of that config editing every day at work.

It's a video player and it works perfectly, updates are just gonna fuck shit up you retarded nigger monkey

mpv

That's the thing though. You don't have to set up mpv if you don't want to. The default settings are more than good enough. Yes, you can fill your config file with videophile placebo meme settings if you want to, but if you "just" want to watch a bit of anime after work, you probably don't want to.

vlc is trash on android but reasonable on desktop

> convert video option
> save as mp4
> crashes

>How come no one is interested in continuing this project?
Open source developers don't just volunteer their time to maintain shit codebases. MPC-HC's codebase is permeated with antique COM, MFC and DirectShow concepts and it's full of stagnant code like the old video renderers and the internal subtitle renderer. Not many developers enjoy maintaining code like that, and you won't find many in 2017 because Microsoft has abandoned MFC and DirectShow.

>muh gimme teh new number!!!

This. mpv alone is better than mpc+madVR+xysubfilter+reclock.

All right, I'll keep that in mind when MPC-HC will kick the bucket.

There is a config with all of MPC keybinds on GitHub.

mpv

You mean Win XP.

no using XP is like using bittorrent

I seriously would consider writing a GUI for mpv but then again people would cry on this board because I used electron for it. I most certainly am not going to write a GUI in gtk or qt

I feel MPC is still the nicest player for windows, so I'll keep using it for another while.

>it has always been mpv you dumb newfag
You're the newfag if you're so young that you've never used anything else. mpv is just a few years old.

Pic related.

>I feel MPC is still the nicest player for windows
You feel but you don't know. Now that mpv event supports Vulkan, nothing comes even close.

>You're the newfag if you're so young that you've never used anything else. mpv is just a few years old.
i was using MPC-HC before you discovered Sup Forums you stupid newfag, mpv is simply better and has been for years now. besides the point of you being a newfag was the fact that you weren't aware mpv was Sup Forums's player of choice

Ok, I'll give it to you this time user.
I thought people only used it for weird filters that made anime look better

>being this newfag

Yes. Feel. Which application you think is the best one is usually very subjective. mpc suits me better when I'm using windows.

Been using MPC-HC for about 10-15 years. Same for Sup Forums.

>mpv was Sup Forums's player of choice
It no longer is? Do you speak for all of Sup Forums? What is the player of choice these days? Which player do you have to use if you don't want to be called a newfag?

They literally discontinued mpc because they felt the only way to improve would be to turn it into mpv. Just accept mpv and be happy with your life.

I already did on OS X and GNU/Linux. I still prefer MPC-HC on Windows. I will accept it when it can no longer process my videos, until that happens, I see no reason to switch.

>I thought people only used it for weird filters that made anime look better

Lol what. How could you think that? It's a player that works for everything. The people behind Plex hired the dev to make mpv the new Plex backend.

> How could you think that?
That's what mpv generals are.
> Look Sup Forums, I used X and it looks like this!
> Only autists use X, it's a placebo. Y gives the same results, see screenshot
> I can't use Y with Z though

It uses ffmpeg to decode. Anything ffmpeg can natively work with so can mpv.

Is it really that shocking that the threads on Sup Forums are power users sharing tips and not "can I play this video with mpv?".

You can get more information on mpv.io

I watch my anime doubling it with RAVU-r4 on YUV and chroma -> downscaling it back to my monitor resolution with Michell and correcting chroma with ewa_lanczossoft. It looks good but your probably won't notice any difference without intensively comparing side by side with standard mpv high quality preset.

It's more about autists screeching at others who like other things. Not power users sharing tips.

I've started using Soda Player. It plays everything, and sends video to my Chromecast.

Why not just keep using mpc-hc?

what will happen in the years to come that would make using mpc-hc a bad idea? I doubt anything.

AV1 comes out in 2018. Everybody will be dying to play that format. I'm even waiting for Intel to support it natively before I buy my next PC.

>installed mpv
>started animus
>add subs
>crashed
never again

mpv

What is the best player for UHD HDR Bluray rips now?

mpv

switched to mpv just yesterday
i have to say i really miss mpc-hc mainly because mpv has no option UI
and yes i tried mpv-qt and it's shit, like really early in development
but i also really like all those keyboard shortcut and the youtube-dl player so i'll stick with mpv until it works
on linux mpv it's really the only viable choice desu

>installed mpv
>started animus
>scaling looked like dogshit
>m-muh no UI

>AV1 comes out in 2018. Everybody will be dying to play that format.

Big talk but I don't believe it.

LAVfilters will take care of that. Just install it separately to keep it up to date.

I use ffplay.

VLC and press ctrl + h

Switch to MPDN if you're so averse to having no GUI.

>Big talk but I don't believe it.

Do you realize that every major company is developing AV1 and plans to switch to it from HEVC? Youtube will move from VP9 to AV1 next year and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

The only problem they'll have are all the playback equipment in the wild that support h.265 but not AV1

>mpv event supports Vulkan
omg, that is so essential feature that I don't know what I will do.

Does MPV produce screenshots that have proper bt 709/601 conversion and proper chroma upsampling (not aliased shit), now?
I know there is an arcane way to grab the image from the opengl renderer, but by default, without fucking with things and not in fullscreen but in native resolution.

If you can play h265 you can do av1 in software mode just fine.

MPV
P
V

Can you do those upscaling tricks and stuff in MPV like you can do with madVR to enhance image quality?

of course

Expect it to be 2x slower at the same resolution, framerate and bitrate than VP9 - but that is nly once the deocder is fully optimised.

Note that HEVC decoder in FFMPEG is not properly optimised, because ffmpeg/libav guys are lazy bums that prefer to code stuff that nobody needs and their mostly only guy that does assembly is a VP9 pusher that also sells a VP9 encoder.

I'm talkimg about TVs and set-top boxes. Devices so weak that playback with a video decoding ASIC is pretty much mandatory

Who wouldn't just buy a new set top box when they needed it? They are so fucking cheap. I have a Nexus Player that I bought on firesale from Target for $25 and it already plays 1080p x265 in software mode. I can just buy another Android box when I actually need it for much less than $100

Attention faggots.

If you can't play the 30Mbps HEVC file from this page, then you need a new PC.

jell.yfish.us/

I'm just going to keep using MPC/MadVR just like I keep using Winamp.

Use smplayer with mpv if you want GUI

Someone halp pls:
I'm having this problem where I can't load the DVD subtitles. Every time I click enable, it has no effect, and when I bring up the menu again it remains unticked. Latest stable version. No problem with VLC.

do you have xy-vsfilter installed?

Nope. Think that would solve it?

Still annoying that the problem exists in the first place. Having to install additional weird things to add/fix something that shouldn't be broken in the first place is not good software..

The point of mpc-hc is that you install additional things. madVR, xysubfilter and LAVfilters are the three things you install right alongside it.

When I was having my trial for walking my dog without a leash the prosecutor used VLC to play security cam footage in the court room. It was really laggy and I got off because my dog is cute

>drag and drop to play video

The absolute state of mpvirgins.

>on a mac
>not taking advantage of the existence of IINA
How can one be this stupid?

Ah ok. Fair enough.
Not for me though. I'm trying to make my life less autistic, not more.

I like how light and responsive MPC-HC is.
VLC feels clunkier for sure.. But it just werks so I'm gonna be a normie and go back to it. Thanks bro. I'd even use WMP if I could forward/rewind 5 seconds using Right/Left.

Just stop, you mongoloid. Win 7 is perfectly fine. I'm guessing you're still slobbing on M$ e-peen over windows 10 and all its prepackaged dogshit you have to removed by chopping the fucking registry out of the box. You see any of the dogshit WUP in 7?

You don't need to use the command line. It's set as default for my video files so all I have to do is double click to play something. It has a gui for pause/play plus skipping around so that's all I need.

Or you can double click on a video file like a normal person.

enjoy having windows 7 become vulnerable in 2 years from lack of security updates, fag

Stop making this thread faggot.

forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174738

>thread is dead

nice try

So how easy is to configure mpv?