RIP YOUTUBE

hooktube.com/watch?v=hhkd1OTzu-Q

>Share YouTube videos without giving them views. Bypass country blocks and age restrictions. Download YouTube videos and music. View quarantined videos as they appeared before YouTube Heroes got to them. Keep your data private from the G.

>Just replace the domain in any YT link with hooktube.com and you get a light-weight page that loads YouTube's media files (mp4, webm, etc) directly into your browser's native media player

No need to allow youtube and google in noscript.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=lg22ZCrk3SA
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/add-to-search-bar/
hooktube.com/
ghostbin.com/paste/5ayz3
youtube.com/watch?v=1H2bRd91sZw
hooktube.com/watch?v=$3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Holy shit this is great news.

the vid and audio quality is shit since they dont use the separate tracks system

This is pretty nice, especially for older pcs and phones.

You can download the video too. Mp4 or webm.

hooktube.com/watch?v=lg22ZCrk3SA

>Just replace the domain in any YT link with hooktube.com
where's the browser extension that does that for me?
I'm a lazy piece of shit

Add to Search Bar.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/add-to-search-bar/

>being so poor that you can't pay $10/mo for uninterrupted content + free music

This will end when DRM kicks in.

there are a couple at the bottom of the mainpage

hooktube.com/

Bait.

I already pay for my internet connection stop being such a jew.

Too bad that this method doesn't allow 1080p or 1080p60 videos.

>implying chronologically, not usefully

Doesn't help me find new videos though does it? Pretty fucking useless in all reality

Download the addon called redirector and do pic related

Neat but I expect this to be kill within a month or two. Chances are either Google kills it off legally... somehow. Or more likely is they make some kind of major change in site infrastructure that affects how videos are served to you and it may break whatever method hooktube is using. Maybe it's something they can work around, maybe they can't.

Just went through this shit after trying to figure out at length how to unmute twitch VODs. Used to be possible a few years ago. Can't do it anymore. Exploit fixed. Presumably for good. Get live rips or get muted. (not trying to rip some middle aged streamers retarded game footage FYI, completely different content)

this is so good
thank you so much

Script to set default player resolution for cookie-lets?

The owner of the site came on Sup Forums before and said it literally just uses youtube-dl to grab videos. I don't think google will even notice since I've been using mpv+youtube-dl to watch videos for a while now.

They literally say that on their home page FAQ

>what is youtube-dl?

>>RIP youtube
>>literally embeds videos from youtube and if video is removed from youtuve its also removed from youtube

>This guy shilling his shit website again

moooooooooods

Good news.

What do you use for subscriptions, if anything?

rss feed with

You forgot that it is made by /ourguy/.

>Bypass country blocks and age restrictions
It doesn't do that.

Works for me. And the yuros on Sup Forums who can't see half the videos posted because their govts tell youtube to block right-leaning videos from their countries.

>HookTube Blacked by user
ghostbin.com/paste/5ayz3
Which one of you faggots did this?

Not OP
Sup Forums already knows about this and it gets over 10k uniques a day so there's no need for these threads. But thanks.

So if you paid for a car you're entitled to free gas?

>Paid for network bandwidth
>Entitled to network bandwidth

You can use this to play youtube on PSP.

Nice, can't wait for Google to hit them with a lawsuit and shut them down

It doesn't make money and they haven't sued any other downloader sites or programs like youtube-dl

False analogy. The car is the modem, gas is the bandwidth, so no, gas is definitely not free.

Paid for bandwith.

Not entitled to music or movies.

Ive been using Redirector for over a month. The addons the admin listed are inferior because Redirector can redirect ALL youtube links (frames, embeds, scripts, etc)

Doyou really need to be pushed youtube's swill?

>autoplays

Trash

&autoplay=0

Also do this for embedded videos.

>worst fight scene
4U

Or just prefix the youtube link with mpv and execute that and watch video with less buffering, better quality than actual html player, without giving them views and other shit

Doesn't hooktube require proprietary javascript to use now?

Has anyone at all bothered to ask what hooktube gets out of this? It's not like they're just giving this service away for nothing.

Maybe he's a hobbyist or doing some university project? The hosting costs are minimal as it was already pointed out he uses youtubedl

A thing that would be very nice : hooktube working on Newpipe on android

He's still going to be paying for the bandwidth for downloading and then sending those videos. That's going to cost significantly more than hosting a novelty email service. Do you honestly think someone is hosting a service like this for free and not benefiting in any way?

>cloudflare
no thanks
mpv + yt-dl for me

>downloading and then sending those videos
Nope. You're the one downloading it directly from YouTube, except you're viewing it on his site layout.

>muh audio placebos

So it does the exact same thing as just using youtube-dl yourself as you're still connecting to Google services by using Hooktube, except using Hooktube requires running their JS which they can change on the fly to fingerprint/track you (if it doesn't already) rather than just using software you know is safe and isn't going to get modified unless you allow it to be modified? I don't see the advantage of this over more established options.

It allows you to play youtube videos on "dumb" devices.

what do you mean?

Into the trash it goes

I'm not going to watch 480p like a pleb from 2005

Devices that aren't running android/iOS, but still have WiFi and browser+video playback capabilities.

Don't worry, he's a fellow Gentooman and is a friend of TempleOS, only CIA niggers should worry.

>proprietary code running the website
Nope to all of those

arrrgghh

there are just too many cool things for me to keep abreast of

this is my principal reason for surfing Sup Forums (aside from the good fellowship and sensible chuckles) , getting a heads up on cool shit

Lord knows I never get an answer to any question. Literally only once.

I did it because it's useful. YouTube blocks my browsers after a short while because they don't like paranoids blocking everything. Many people I know keep running into videos they can't view because their governments are oppressive. It's cheap to run. There is no 'they'.

>pay for utility connection
>still have to pay for the power I consume

OMG why don't power plants just run on magical fairies?

>YouTube blocks my browsers after a short while because they don't like paranoids blocking everything. Many people I know keep running into videos they can't view because their governments are oppressive.
You can achieve similar results to this by using youtube-dl, except with youtube-dl you aren't running some random person's proprietary JS and can watch videos at higher resolutions.

>There is no 'they'.
Someone runs this, it's not like this site just appeared out of nowhere. Do you seriously trust some random person on the internet with information about all the videos you want to watch just because they aren't Google (who you're still connecting to when using this site by the way)?

Good for you. I was using nsfwyoutube to avoid logging in. They scrapped my access when I wouldn't change to a google login. Screw em. Your page is better, and the download links are a plus. I've gone through several yt downloader extensions over time and they can be confusing.

Holy shilling Batman.

>prefix the youtube link with mpv
wot?

Because it's useful and opens more possibilities than that. I'm not going to try to convince you to use it like I'm some cuck missionary. It's free.Do what you want.

And what would I accomplish by tracking the video viewing habits of 10k people? The companies doing this need hundreds of millions of people a lot more metrics than that for the data to have any value. Think before you post.

>hundreds of millions of people a lot more metrics than that
*and a lot more

>And what would I accomplish by tracking the video viewing habits of 10k people?
>what could possibly be accomplished by collecting a list of videos watched by people who think they're more secure due to using some shitty placebo, along with device fingerprints to identify those people (which will be significantly easier to sort through given the smaller user base)

>The companies doing this need hundreds of millions of people a lot more metrics than that for the data to have any value.
>it's not like I, a random person on the internet, could be doing this as part of something larger than just the single site I'm shilling

Youtube BTFO

How's that different from youtube-dl? I use that to directly feed videos from surf to mpv, comfiest experience.

Nice samefagging though.

I admit it. I'm part of a global data collection ring of neets who spend inordinate amount of hours making free shit so we can cash in on the 1% of services that gains more than a few hundred visitors. On the first tuesday of each month we meet Soros and present him with 10mb of data which he then feeds into Mother.

>How's that different from youtube-dl?
This requires you to run their proprietary JS while youtube-dl doesn't.

>just using software you know is safe
How do you know that? Did you write it?

mpv has youtube-dl inside

>Bypass country blocks

???

>How do you know that? Did you write it?
Neo-Sup Forums everyone.

No one cares, pajeet.

Exactly. Thanks for making chrome #1 you stupid cucks.

Can't wait for Goog to shut this shit down.

Fucking leeches.

>what was youtube-mp3.com

It'll be shutdown just the same by the MPAA and similar. Just give it time.

Just in case anyone wants to just cope paste this stuff in

Description:
youtube to hooktube

Example URL:
youtube.com/watch?v=1H2bRd91sZw

Include Pattern:
http*://*.youtube.com/watch?v=*

Redirect to:
hooktube.com/watch?v=$3

Make sure Pattern Type is set to "Wildcard", as this isn't regex

youtube-mp3.com downloaded, processed and retransmitted the material. HT by contrast is just a database of external links.

>No answer
Ok. Dont let the FOSS-spooks take over.

youtube 2 player addon is great for regular embeds and if you rely on rss youtube subs on thunderbird that way you can view subs as "thumbnails". In combination with redirector I can click on the top left channel name and it will bring me to hooktube where I can see all the persons uploads

most of them are malware

this is nice, aparently theres a redirector addon for chrome, and ALSO there is a way for linux 's brave browser to load chrome addons if you search around for it. worth looking into maybe to pull it off with brave on linux