144hz 1080p monitor with freesync

>144hz 1080p monitor with freesync
>$350 AUD at cheapest
>144hz 1080p monitor with g-sync
>$500+ AUD at cheapest
what is this dogshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=Why do currencies have different values?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Freesync is open source and uses technology that already existed as part of DisplayPort. G-Sync requires special hardware to be included in the monitor to work which means higher materials cost and higher design/development cost. Because of the higher cost of producing G-Sync monitors, OEMs are also less likely to include G-Sync in low- or mid-end monitors, whereas there is little or no cost barrier for FreeSync so OEMs can easily make low-end FreeSync monitors.

Nvidia puts a $150 ARM DRM chip in their gsync monitors. The primary purpose of which is to stop AMD from being being able to support gsync as well.
While AMD did the opposite and supported an open standard that nvidia can support if they want.

Right,
Cause I'm considering upgrading to a 144hz monitor but I'm just worried if getting 70-80 fps (in some games) would fuck me over in terms of noticable screen tearing

lmgtfy.com/?q=Why do currencies have different values?

You're welcome

???
I'm using the same currency when comparing the two things you mong

dumbass

Kill yourself, dumb pajeet.

I think we need a cable/box that converts Freesync to G-Sync

u fooken wot m8

You should look into how the respective technologies actually work then.

With FreeSync, the monitor you choose will have one or several Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) windows to choose between, and to prevent screen tearing, you would want to be within that range. Dip below the minimum refresh rate at any point, and you'd get either tearing or stutter depending on whether you choose to use a vsync fallback or not.

With G-Sync, you don't really have to worry about VRR windows, because while the display itself still has the same limitations, the G-Sync FPGA sitting inside the monitor works around the minimum framerate problem by storing a small framebuffer capable of storing a couple frames and using some built-in logic to display the same frame multiple times when needed during low FPS scenarios.

The Adaptive Sync standard, and by extension FreeSync, does not implement any extra hardware and as such don't play well when you go below the VRR.

Just do some research on the monitors that interest you the most to see what the actual situation is.

I thihk i meant the other way around.
Basically something that pretends to be a G-Sync monitor to the Geforce card, and pretends to be a Freesync monitor to the screen, and do the conversion on the fly.

freesync specifications are a lot looser. did you know they dont actually have to have freesynch working across all hz, it can be a small range like 50-75 on a 144hz monitor.

hmmm...mite b cool but I'm not sure it's possible. I haven't seen a monitor that supports both yet.

i remember some older monitors could be modded to have gsync. Fuck man, there used to be so many cool mods. Now days the only thing i can think of is delidding intel cpus because theyre jews`

>With FreeSync, the monitor you choose will have one or several Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) windows to choose between, and to prevent screen tearing, you would want to be within that range.
This is good advice. I personally recommend the Viewsonic XG2401. It has a Freesync range of 47-144Hz, making it one of the best in the 1080p range.

I want to give it a try, but I would need the latest DisplayPort spec, and you can't get those if youre not a vesa memeber and membership costs money

Just curious, is 144hz really that important?

I bought a new monitor this week, a ASUS 4k VA panel (with Freesync) for $420. VA has improved a whole lot and is now IPS-like in quality but it's not that common at higher refresh rates.

Why would you buy a 1080p TN panel 144Hz monitor over a 4k 60Hz VA at basically the same price-point? It just seems .. silly.

I have a 144hz IPS Panel, scrub.

How noticeable would screentearing be at 80 fps on a 144hz monitor?

Australians have like 17 an hour minimum wage of course your shit is more expensive

This board is so shit because it has white people
When will this board be pajeet only
only then can we be free of these retards

You want the sync if you're getting a high refresh rate monitor.

I was posting more about the difference between g-sync and freesync

as someone who has had a 144hz monitor for the past 4 years its not worth it unless you only play AAA titles because alot of game engines for indie games or even some AAA titles tie game functions to frame rate or just dont optimize it for above 60fps (example, 25% cpu/gpu usage at 60fps but 90% at 70-85 fps)

im gonna end up buying a large 1440p or maybe even 4k display for the vast majority of my game library that won't do 144hz

who's this semen demon

nikolai valuev, the last remaining neanderthal

Plus licence and cost of monitors case design to include the gsync module.

Why would you need freesync with a 144hz monitor ? I have one for over 2 years and I can't recall a single time where tearing was an issue.

This is true 90% of the cases, but for me some 60fps locked games can produce tearing, even tho it's quite minimal and I can only see it if I'm trying hard to find it. I guess freesync might come in handy in those cases? Vsync obviously fixes the problem at the cost of input lag. Freesync would provide a better solution? I don't know the answers, I own nvidia card and I'm still waiting for a decent freesync card to pop up.

>t.deathdog