This is hands down the best C guide I've every seen

This is hands down the best C guide I've every seen cs.yale.edu/homes/aspnes/classes/223/notes.html

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/trampgeek/moodle-qtype_coderunner
icube-icps.unistra.fr/img_auth.php/d/db/ModernC.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Saved the PDF. Thanks OP. Pretty sure I bombed the written free-form section of my midterm in C (although I aced the multiple choice logic) because of pointers, gonna work harder and nail the final, hopefully this will help me out.

I liked the approach "Modern C" takes.

Tcpl 2nd ed > that

It is comprehensive, but sometimes too detailed.

I looked at the outline OP posted and it seems very solid too

My uni is pioneering this thing called "code runner" it's like a standardized test environment where you paste your code in, it does various background source and runtime testing, had my exams in Python and C using it and it works great

github.com/trampgeek/moodle-qtype_coderunner

They look quite complementary...

seems more like a reference than a guide
but good nevertheless

why is he breaking the line after the data type declaration? Is it considered a good practice?

It's just a style thing. Same as asking why he has {s on new lines.

Makes the return type more clear, I assume.

No, it's not, at least not universally.

>For the library routines, the include files stdio.h and stdlib.h contain declarations of the functions that contain enough information about there return types and arguments
>there
Dropped.

That's a tranny jaw.

grep "^function" *.c

Do you have access to the assignments?

It looks a lot like BSD kernel style. Return type on separate like is ok if the type is "struct some_longer_name *". Brackets on new line for fucntions are because it's legal and was used frequently to write it like this:
int
main(argc, argv)
int argc;
char *argv[];
{

>> C
>> 2017

thats fairly standard to run testing in tho. gitlab has it build in. comfy asf

Thanks user

I was working through it it's great and I like it more than K&R for learning but it's also like 800+ pages

just to be sure, you mean this?
icube-icps.unistra.fr/img_auth.php/d/db/ModernC.pdf