You have 10 seconds to explain why you don't use ps/2

You have 10 seconds to explain why you don't use ps/2
>my mouse and keyboard have usb
look at pic related

USB is superior for mice and the difference between a PS/2 and a decent USB keyboard is basically just placebo

My motherboard doesn't have any ps2 ports; also doesn't have pata connecters.

Because my mouse and keyboard doesn't support PS/2 adapter.

because there's no point in 2017

Because I'm not a faggot.

you're limited to 250 polling rate via ps2 mice, and you have to overclock the usb port to even get 500 polling rate

wait im retarded ignore that last part about overclocking the usb port, my first point stands however

how about you explain why I should use it

>utilising system interrupts 2017
>no backlit on peripheral devices
yuck

but i do

Because where the fuck am I going to get a good keyboard or mouse brand new that has a fucking PS/2 connector?

basically 0 latency and anti ghosting

look at the pic you retards

Because for my personal use there is no difference in what plug I use and most modern peripherals come with usb anyway so I'll stick to it.

That aside, why do you care what other people use?

i have a lot of usb ports i could be using

>basically just placebo
Not entirely true, PS/2 and USB work fundamentally differently, both absolutely have their uses

Not all keyboards and mice can be hooked up to one of those cheap passive adapters, you retard. Which is exactly what he said. You have to buy a much more expensive signal converter instead.

fundamentally, sure but practically speaking, it's just placebo

My MS Basic Keyboard OEM is in the lone PS/2 port.

What if my hardware won't work with a shitty adaptor?
What if I don't want to use a shitty adaptor?

What if I want PS/2 to die?

My Razer mouse and keyboard won't work with those :^)

my computer doesnt have that. Like its fucking 2017 not 1987

>TFW ps/2 came out 40 years ago

Why would you need a backlight on your keyboard or mouse?

He's a basement dwelling neckbeard that lives in his mom's poorly-lit basement.

i've once tried to use this adapter but ps/2 port sparked

its 30 years you mong

i like the ability to hot swap.
/thread

A passive USB port to PS/2 port adapter does not magically convert the information being transfered, and an active adapter is only going to increase latency. They're also expensive and rare because they're fucking stupid and nobody in their right mind would ever use one.

loving my ps/2 keyboard

There's literally no fucking point. If you think there's a practical difference you can feel, you're a retard. It's that simple.

i does't required usb which is cool (i only have 4) and you can boot your pc from it

It's 2017 so I use a wireless mouse.

Because my ducky shine 4 does not under any circumstances, either passive or active support ps2, and it already has n-key rollover through usb.

I'm not autistic and USB works well enough. It's very unlikely anyone could ever tel the difference in a blinded test.

Because ps2 is worse.

>PS/2 and USB work fundamentally differently
Not anymore since USB 3.

I prefer my keyboard to run as a device being polled rather than a device that flags an interrupt every time you press a key.

I understand why mobo producers keep that shit on their gamer models, but why the fuck do 50 $ mobos still have ANY of the legacy shit? I'm not buying a fucking NEW mobo in order to connect OLD shit. If I was poor I'd buy OLD mobos.

I use it for my mouse.

Mice work the same on PS/2 and USB. Literally no difference.

>0 latency
So your arguments are retarded. Not only would the adapter keep the USB latency but it would also add latency itself.

>basically 0 latency
USB 3 solves this.

>anti ghosting
That's never been a problem inherent to USB itself, just bad USB chipsets and drivers.

My ps/2 keyboard has lights on all the important media keys and caps lock lights etc