Laptop purchases thread

Is this a decent laptop?
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834234645
What would Sup Forums recommend in the same range. I generally prefer and trust Asus but it isn't a must.
No Mac.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=1TS-001A-005J6
dell.com/en-us/member/shop/dell-laptops/new-inspiron-13-7000-touch/spd/inspiron-13-7370-laptop/dncwka006h
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>anus
no

what would you use it for user?

General purpose stuff, and some number crunching.
Maybe the occasional vidya when I visit friends.

I regretted buying a "Gaming" laptop a couple years ago. If you really are set on a laptop with vidya capabilities check craigslist. It sounds kinda dumb but occasionally there's a good deal on there. Otherwise the thinkpad boys might know more. Good luck bud

samefag

>I regretted buying a "Gaming" laptop a couple years ago.
I've got one now. I just enjoy having the discrete card for stuff.
What the fuck?

I got pic related
>did I fuck up Sup Forums?

best business laptop with quad core cpu and thunderbolt 3?
prefer 13 or 14 inch

It seems like a good buy for 1k. Actually, scratch that, that CPU (7700HQ) is extremely good, but also power-hungry. The 1050 is good for light stuff.

Only downsides will be battery life and weight (4+lbs). But you should expect that from a laptop with such a powerful CPU and GPU (for laptops, relatively speaking).

Anybody telling you it isn't a good deal is trolling.

bumping for interest

I usually don't use laptops without being plugged into a wall anyways.
I'm also looking at its lesser cousin
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=1TS-001A-005J6

I'm waiting for a sale on the Acer Swift 1. I'm going to install Xubuntu on it and use it for websurfing and office works. Do you guys have it?

Only thing is the i5 one doesn't have a lot of storage space and 8 GB of ram won't really work for me.

For comparison,

Your 1k asus has the same CPU as the 15-inch MBP.
But that MBP only has a radeon 555, which is ~30% less powerful than the 1050 the Asus has.
Same ram.
Both have 256GB storage, but the Asus has an additional 1TB HDD.

The mac15 costs $2400, and your Asus costs $1000.

Just keep in mind that, last year on cyber monday I think, thinkpads were 40% off. Also, there are other very stylish brand you can get for ~1k +/- 200 such as the XPS and the LG gram.

I just bought the new Dell Inspiron 13 with a 8th gen i5. got it for less than $600 with a colombus day sale + unidays 10% + $100 off amex offer

dell.com/en-us/member/shop/dell-laptops/new-inspiron-13-7000-touch/spd/inspiron-13-7370-laptop/dncwka006h

>colombus day
I think you mean Indigenous People's day.

What Sup Forums thinks about Acer?

Stay poor

Unclear at this time

In general shitty but they have a few products that are fairly charming.

>charming
delet your root c

hijacking this thread to ask you guys if a laptop with a gtx 1050ti is worth it or should i save up a little more and buy a 1060. The price differente is pretty signficant (like 400$) on some cases.

tl:dr i'm looking for a gaming laptop under $1000 and without the gaming look ideally. Any ideas?

get a predator

My Acer laptop have 5 years and it's still work pretty well. Never had problems with it

They used to be pretty shitty. Old machines had bad solder that would crack over time easier than it should. But they have cleaned up their act somewhat. If you are looking for a new low end machine, their bottom stuff is far better than HP and usually has a fairly conservative design. Good low end, not much past that.

Thx for a decent answer

bump

Need a laptop for school but also for my side biz which involves Photoshop and Illustrator. I'm studying Politics and Economics so I'll be doing some Excel work and lots of Word processing and Powerpoints. I'm a light gamer too, but mostly racing games, nothing as intensive as FPS.

I'm looking at the Lenovo Legion Y520. It'll have 3 years of warranty and spill/drop protection from Costco, so I'm not worried about any replacements or bad parts, since Costco will cover everything.

Processor and Memory:
7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ
16 GB DDR4

Drives:
2 TB HDD 5400RPM
256 GB SSD NVMe
No optical drive
4-in-1 card reader

Display and Graphics:
15.6 in. FHD (1920 x 1080), 16:9 IPS anti-glare
4 GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti

Audio:
2 x 2 W Harman™ certified speakers with Dolby® Audio™ Premium

Communication:
WiFi 802.11.ac
Bluetooth® 4.1
10/100/1000M Gigabit Ethernet
Integrated webcam

Keyboard and Pointing Device:
Red backlit English keyboard
Multi-gesture touchpad

Ports:
1 x USB 3.1 (Type C)
2 x USB 3.0
1 x USB 2.0
1 x HDMI™
1 x Audio jack
1 x Microphone jack
1 x RJ45 LAN

Operating System:
Microsoft® Windows® 10

Power Supply:
3 cell 45 WHr Li-polymer battery

Specifications:
Dimensions (W x D x H): 38.0 cm x 26.5 cm x 2.6 cm (14.96 in. x 10.43 in. x 1.01 in.)
Weight (approximate): 2.4 kg (5.3 lb.)

I'm seeing this for $1130 USD before taxes here in Canada, is it worth the price for this? It's the toppest end Lenovo Legion Y520.

Pic related

Bump

recently aquired the new XPS 13 with the 8th gen intel I7, breddy gud and has dual boot. Razer blade (2014) crapped out finally (hated it anyways so yay)

You would buy it if you could afford it.

looks solid user, i may go for this one myself

I'm thinking the same too, top specs and Costco doesn't sell piece of shits since Costcos neck is on the line for warranty too

I have the ideapad 510 and I'm not disappointed. I don't do any gaming though.

The specs are pretty similar to my HP Omen 15 except mine has 8 GB (I added more anyway) i5 and just 1TB of space. I have no complaints.

Dell Inspiron 7000 Gaming

> Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

dont ever buy anything from newegg

>62918738
Also interested

Alright I'm going to get it, the next ones with a 1050 or 1050Ti are like $300-$400 more