They've done it

They've done it...

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/K9u0Z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Now that the dust has settled, what does Sup Forums think about this Thinkpad?

it's shit

the only thing "retro" about this thinkpad is the "retro" keyboard from 2011

It's the best thing ever

Ignore poorfag hate. Its expensive because it has flagship specs. That said it's worth every penny

Overpriced. Only has the superficial features of the old Thinkpad line.

>16:9
>no bottom trackpad buttons

>flagship specs
>dual core U-class processor

It's mediocre

Are you kidding me with that resolution

im not sure if you are joking or not.

All you cunts wanted a "modern thinkpad with the classic keyboard" and now all you cunts are turning up your noses at it. Why exactly? I sincerely doubt that nu/g/ suddenly wants to have floppy drives, too.

honestly a floppy drive would be rad as fuck

looks and sounds like a modern thinkpad with a classic paintjob

too aspensive

don't have $1900 GBP

t420 is litteraly better.

No one wanted touchscreen, shitty dGPU and shitty screen

>"I WANT 4:3 RESOLUTION ON A LAPTOP IN 2017 WHEN IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO MANUFACTURE IN 2017 WAH WAH WAH"

>no indicator lights
>no thinklight
>chink-shit hinges
>dual core processor
>expensive as shit for no reason
>no hatch for opening the screen

>A thinkpad with a shitty screen
Hol' up
Is u high?

>$1900 for this shit
yeah nah

it literrally is just a different keyboard

>Complaining about battery saving gpu
>"I WANT MY THINKPAD TO BE PLUGGED IN ALL THE TIME" the post

a fucking $160 t440 has the same resolution with better colors

It's what you /tpg/ tools wanted for three years. Spoiled children.

$160?
I believe you mean $900, thou sperg.

>wanted
see >man i'd like x
>here's a pile of dog shit
>but this isn't x or remotely similar to x
>you spoiled children

>/tpg/ dream ThinkPad is a 1080p awful headache inducing t470 with a mushy scissors throwback keyboard for the same price as a MBP

LOL

>>no thinklight
You do realize that's the least useful function of a thinkpad, right? Especially because this one has a backlit keyboard... right? Have you ever had to actually use a thinklight at night? Horrible.

:9
Lemme guess, you want 4:3 which can't be made due to the lack of tooling equipment?

>>dual core processor
>"I like my legs to be grilled by my housefire laptop for gayming"

>>expensive as shit for no reason
For good reason. You spergs wanted the old keyboard and the madmen actually listened and provided you with the old keyboard. The fact that the old keyboard and add backlighting for it is simply ludicrous.

>>No hatch for opening the screen
ok, and? This sits with the indicator lights: why do you even bother sperging about this? Is this all nu/g/ is capable of?

This I know to be bullshit. Every single /tpg/ thread before the announcement there was at least seven different fags complaining about how there are no modern laptops with the classic keyboard from lelnovo. Not only that but many of you cucks were perfectly content with purchasing a 10 year old laptop with a Core 2 Duo. Where was your disdain for dual core then? Hmm? Right, /tpg/ has nothing to complain about other than their lack of currency. Get rekt, faggots.

>Especially because this one has a backlit keyboard... right? Have you ever had to actually use a thinklight at night? Horrible.
>backlight keyboard
>good
the absolute state of nu-Sup Forums

>1900 dollas
> no customization
> 1080p max
> u series cpu
Nah I can't get work done on that

So you think it's worth $1900?

>nu-Sup Forumsay attempts to deflect accusations of being a numale faggot by suggesting the one accusing him is actually a nu/g/

Nice meme

Not same user but what exactly do you expect from a collector's edition "Anniversary Edition" laptop that comes in its own special packaging?

It would be a good laptop for $900.

It is an absurdly bad laptop for $1900.

Why is this so difficult to understand? It's not about being poor or not.

>perfectly content with purchasing a 10 year old laptop with a Core 2 Duo
Yeah, an okay processor for less than $100 seems fine. An okay processor for $1900 is not fine.

>he needs a backlit keyboard because he can't touchtype
>accuses others of being nu/g/

>i7 CPU
>16GB of RAM
>"Nah I can't get work done on that"
Are you saying that you use a piece of shit worse than Microsoft Office? Or are you one of those gaymers who want to play the latest Tomb Raider?

a good laptop that even just pretends to have the features noted as desired in the multiple surveys published by lenovo for the purpose of giving potential customers what they want

The packaging isn't worth shit.

>an okay processor
AHAHAHAHAHA

Estrogen, not even once.

>i7 CPU "U-class"
>barely better than a 6 year old i5

I see you are among those who are angry over the lack of parallel port

>shit hinges
>no thinklight
>no indicator leds
chink garbage

But muh battery life.

They could have used the chassis from the P-series in a nice 14 inch form but no, they went with the nu-Thinkpad garbage design with a nostalgia jerk keyboard slapped on top. All we wanted was a T410s with modern internals and an IPS screen.

just TDP throttle it to 15w like the ulvs then
>full peformance when charging
>more battery life when on battery

>i7
OK

Some of us do actual computing on our computers. I want to be able to run software on my machine, not babby toy websites.

my p50 is better than it in every way except battery life

>down to 15w
You realise that the ulv chips can run far lower than that right? The regular quad cores just can't power down that low.

Yes, it's an ultrabook.

I'd rather just get one of these if I wanted an archaic laptop.

Of course which is why i said to 15w, it'll operate between 6w/7w to 15w. However if you have a quad core that means shit frequencies so effectively relying almost entirely on multicore performance which could cripple some use cases.

Not the best option but it works if you want to save battery i guess and it's enough for office/casual/youtube usage, I'm just waiting for a ThinkPad with one of those 15w or 17w ULV quad cores and i'll jump into the ULV bandwagon.

You act as if tooling for 4:3 or 16:10 displays is somehow impossible to make in this day and age. Well, they made it in the first place, why can't they make it again?

I wouldnt mind if a reader was made like a floppy drive with floppy disks which are basically just sd cards in a big shell that would be fucking awesome

>Paying a fuck ton of money to have custom run 4:3 LCDs made
versus
>Using currently produced, currently used 16:9 LCDs that customers will want since it's the current standard aspect ratio

I wonder what makes more sense

>survey potential customers for likes/wants/needs
>ignore all suggestions and feedback
>modify T470 with 7 row keyboard, offer no customization options, and increase the price

Autistic neckbeards who live in their mothers' basements aren't the kinds of customers Lenovo cares about.

Those are the exact people that would have paid 1900 bucks for a legit retro thinkpad, but just shit out a standard t470 with modified keyboard

Just because your parents give you a $2000 a month allowance doesn't mean most ThinkPad obsessives have that kind of money to throw around.

That's what the current one costs anyway, and it doesn't offer any of the features that were requested in the surveys that Lenovo published themselves to get feedback.
Are you fucking retarded?

Yeah spending a few extra million on redesigning and setting up tooling to run laptops for Sup Forums sounds like a great business model. It is almost like they took the survey data and built a compromise based on what might be sellable instead of building the custom $5000+ Sup Forums dream laptop that none of you poorfags would have bought.

>built a compromise
>literally no other feature requested in the surveys was built into the final product
>only the old keyboard

Basically the long and short of it

basically an overpriced modern thinkpad with a classic paintjob. Not bad for those looking for a purely nostalgic experience, but it's lacking the utility of a real thinkpad.

>Nvidia 940MX
>2.7Ghz 2-core processor
>(((Flag ship)))

This was a mid range gaming laptop almost a decade ago at a lower price, sans the SSD.

The entire point of Thinkpads was that above all else they were a value purchase.

>mfw my budget 800+ asus that I got on sale has equal specs

It's definitely not impossible, but nobody wants to do it.

>ignore all suggestions
Of the survey questions talk about in the blog.

T25 Has:
7-Row Keyboard
9-10 Hour battery
All track point styles
USB 3.0
Fullsized Ethernet
SD Card
USB Type C
Fullsized HDMI
No optical drive (lighter and thinner system)
Removable battery
14 inch formfactor

T25 Doesnt have:
Silver Metal logo
4:3
16:10
Thinklight

Here's the updated benchmark. The previous one was done on balanced mode.

>USB 3.0
>SD Card
>USB Type C
>Fullsized HDMI
>No optical drive (lighter and thinner system)
>Removable battery
>14 inch formfactor
Why the fuck would it ever not have these things?
Are you telling me there was any conceivable reality where they would have not included usb 3.0, removable battery, and removable battery?

what it really doesn't have:
>quality hinges
>thinklight
>indicator lights
>screen lid hatch
>16:10 screen

It also has a shitty dual core cpu, old shit gpu, doesn't even get the qhd screen from the x1 carbon, and is offered in a single configuration

Wow, now it totally beats my 6 year old W520 in single thread.

>removable battery, and removable battery?
*hdmi

>doesn't even get the qhd screen
With the current shit state of scaling on both Windows and Linux this is a good thing. I agree with everything else you said though.

It is utter garbage aside from said keyboard, priced like it's top of the line.

Personally, I'm pretty disgruntled about the lack of a (fullsized) display port in favour of hdmi.
Yes, I do know about DP over USB, but it's still dumb.

>Why the fuck would it ever not have these things?
If they built it on the X1 carbon

>a split preference between dual and quad core.
From blog number 4

Don't really want to deal with dedicated graphics on Linux. And the HDMI port is hardwired to the going so I can't just turn it off.

Someone on YouTube did this

Not him but backlit keyboards are A E S T H E T I C literally the thinklight is not needed at all, i have both on my T430 and i never turn on the thinklight

>backlit keyboards are A E S T H E T I C
so they're useless shit, got it

i have a t430 and use the thinklight pretty much every day

Everything else about it is shit. You're paying 1,300 for the keyboard. The resolution is very low for a 2,000 machime, the processor is weak, the GPU is outdated, it can't be upgraded, and there is no options to get it in a different size or any options at all.

Here's what the Thinkpad 25 should have been.

>3:2 FHD antiglare screen with 3k option
>backlit 7 row keyboard with thinklight
>proper hinges with screen lid latch
>2 usbc with TB3
>2 usb 3.0 ports
>hdmi port
>vga port
>sd card slot
>ethernet
>quad core cpu option
>mx150 as option up from integrated gpu
>base price 1100 USD, quad core fully specced @ 1700 USD

I already have the two greatest ThinkPads ever produced.

Did anyone seriously want 4:3

Can you please post the wallpaper?

imgur.com/gallery/K9u0Z

>They've done it...
They given us the shittiest possible laptop hinge possible.

It is like they was not even trying

I wanted 3:2.
I think 3:2 or 16:10 won the survey

THIS. OVERPRICED PSUEDOPAD

They caught on to the elitist culture attached to the Thinkpad. Now they'd like you to suck their cocks for $1,800 a pop.

People here bitch and whine about how expensive Macbooks are how they only come with dual cores.
Fast forward to the present and everyone is losing their shit over a $1.8k dual core laptop.

never change Sup Forums

if I was going to buy a brand new laptop with a GPU I would want at least a 1060 not a piece of shit 940MX

> GeForce GTX 940MX

>You're paying 1,300 for the keyboard.
worth it

MacBook 2016/2017 does 3.8ghz sustained quad core w/ht and does 4.2ghz single core turbo.

And it's the same price with better battery life.

Worth it if I can throat fuck your mother in front of you.

For that keyboard? You can gladly