How do we save Sup Forums?

How do we save Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/f245eyeg
Sup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mods that do their job.

Ban anime posters

No, that's how you make Sup Forums worse. If someone is spamming and shitposting, ban them but don't ban anime on Sup Forums

an hero

this

stop posting rabid racism and antisemitism

anime posters were only a problem when this place was good. ban Sup Forumstards

Get rid of captcha. Remove all threads discussing non free and/or non open-source software.

Or move off of an image board format.

We don't, we let it die and rebuild without you op.

How much would that be worth?

Bring back desktop threads

>posting on Sup Forums automatically bans you from all other boards except Sup Forums for 12 hours

ban all tripfags

None of us in Sup Forums go to Sup Forums. We often get our best intellectual efforts in thoughtful contemplation of OPs observations wantonly and egregiously compelled to modify the domicile to /bant/ tho

booo
I am an unobnoxious pol poster
You only hear from the worst ones

Make separate boards for consumer technology and programming / compsci related stuff

you must be new here

You can easily get rid of the cancer if any of the boards detect a reddit cookie or if its in history then just silently block the post

Well it would get rid of you wouldn't it?

>don't ban anime on Sup Forums
We're talking about banning chinese cartoons on Sup Forums you fuckwit, I couldn't possibly care less what's happening on Sup Forums

1) Ban Windows users - they're mostly Sup Forums spilling into this board.
2) Ban anime that's not relevant to the discussion, anime is fine as long as it's relevant but stupid moeblob dumping and avatarfagging is straight up breaking two global rules.
3) Harsh bans for homework and consummerism threads.

Well fuck, I meant to type Sup Forums but I typed Sup Forums, sorry. I didn't even notice it.

We don't.
Let it infest with brainlets and join my secret club.

ban consumershit so the Sup Forumsaginas leave

Ban video game discussion. The board is shitted the fuck up right now with Sup Forums fags arguing over which CPU that delivers over 100 FPS is better.

get rid of all the fucking Redditards.

They would be paid with better quality content on their favorite board.

>Ban anti Sup Forums posters
>Ban generals
>Ban phone posters
>Force flags

Ban Sup Forums cancer, split the board int consumerist crap and programming/computer science.
That way cucks would have the perfect place to discuss the best phone for their wife's sons.
GPU/CPU discussion also goes there, that way you get rid of a good portion of the shills.

Of course it's a waste if there are no competent mods around.

Sup Forums is literally the anal cavity of popular internet, therefor what you refer to as Sup Forums is nothing more than a bunch of loosers stuck on
the same 3 disscussions as always. which
hardware/software is better (a or b) aaand oh
well thats all. coating it differently everyday, to
apear new and appealing ,while youre only
collecting replies from other loosers stuck as
you, instead of getting your head out of your
ass and get some shit done.

why are you so based and not try to become
the so praised pc champ youre mirin.

fuck you

Ban lincucks

What did he mean by this?

>Sup Forums is literally the anal cavity of popular internet
Not anymore its not, it's now like every other major social media website only with anonymity.

all of this

thats what i meant with "popular" internet,

its the same shit as always. but now everyone
knows about it and the ones pushing some
revealing information emigrated to their own
little secret boards.

they are scattered around the globe
and i am disconnected

give me links pls

anime website

I just realized how rare posts written in broken English are on this board.

He could be one of those fags who pretends to be retarded and then screencaps it for his friends on other websites

what the fuck is this post?

There are way too many apple threads.

I suggest 3 permanently stickies apple generals. An iphone general, iPad general and Mac general. These should be sticking and at the top of Sup Forums all the time.

/thread

>He could be one of those fags who pretends to be retarded and then screencaps it for his friends on other websites
People actually do that?
Why?

Considering everyone who was here during techloli/g/y pretty much moved to alternate boards (mostly lain/arisuchan or IRC for the faggier of them) and how the /prog/ community is no more due to dozens of textboards shutting down and an endless amount of divisions... I doubt it'd be possible to change Sup Forums at this point. There isn't really anything that can be done. In the past, though... I might have said to be harsher on recommendation/consumer electronics threads and redirect them to /adv/ or /r/. Apart from that, it was really a gradual userbase change in general... so keeping Sup Forums a lot more elitist, I guess?

The only thing that really redeems this board is the occasional informative OC thread.

This!

Ban any threads about consumer garbage.

>split the board int consumerist crap and programming/computer science.
This might be a reasonable idea.
Sup Forums gets about 10 to 30 posts per minute right now so there's probably enough users for two boards.
We have many much slower boards.

Replace the captcha with some very simple CTF-like challenges.

Because Sup Forums is viewed as that epic site where you get your epic screencaps from. They just say they're being retarded ironically because it's Sup Forums and it's supposed to be trash. They also come here as a refugee to post the shit they get downvoted for on reddit or they're too scared to say it on other sites like twitter.

The quality would greatly improve btw.

ban every faggot that starts a personal thread.
advice is you fucking faggots

ban datamining niggers too

GET IN HERE LADS
strawpoll.com/f245eyeg

>only one choice possible
Faggot.

Top result is going to be Sup Forums.
We had one of these once already.

back to /qa/ vermin teens

/comp/ - computers
/ctech/ - consumer tech

MAKE THIS HAPPEN NOW

/qa/ isn't /q/.
/qa/ is 2D/Random.

/qa/ lads are monitoring meta threads everywhere, I see.

I approve

I can get behind this. Board quality would jump across all boards if this were the case. Fuck off

>/comp/ - computers
That name is way to generic if you're aiming for "programming/computer science"

it's so linux threads are included

Sup Forums.org/feedback

less consumerism threads

Or name it /lam/ like most general computer science boards on other imageboards.
That could work too.

Software and computer science would probably be a better fit then.
Computer science pretty much includes programming.

Not like this thread will amount to anything, though: we've had this discussion dozens of times, and it has never produced anything meaningful. Hiroshimoot has had his share of community contact and hasn't really interacted with Sup Forums directly in any way for well over a year now.

actually teach people and answer dumb questions so they're more knowledgeable, and can then learn and contribute back to you

If a mod is in this thread and lurking, can you turn on your capcode and tell us whether or not the feedback form is still being read?

Last update is from 2015 ie. 3 years ago, so I'm not sure if the best way to submit feedback is to use the form desu.

They do check the feedback, but do not take action unless there is a very large amount of requests asking for the same thing.
You could probably have a more direct answer by asking mods on IRC, but 99% of the time they'll tell you to use the feedback instead of querying them.

>Top result is going to be Sup Forums.
What a shame. I was under the impression Sup Forums was filled with relatively smart people.

Needs more people

I'm okay with the top three.

For what it's worth (not much), To fix the cancer at this point you'd have to go back in time to 2013 and stop gaymergate (the energy could have been better spent attacking the shill and slide companies that got paid to spam), stop the Sup Forums sale, and cut /r9k/ off at the knees to really save Sup Forums, or all of Sup Forums really.

It's all too vapid to save these days. It doesn't mean as much. Being retarded used to be fun but now it's robotic, compulsory. Sup Forums runs like clockwork, there is nothing random about it. Sup Forums is about consumer electronics, not any deeper aspect of technology. What's the point of all the Model M's if you just gayme all day? It's like trap socks. They just want to be seen. To be noticed, and they don't want to do it on facebook.

If you really want to fix Sup Forums, there is only one way to do so, you have to turn inward, and become interested in tech on a more personal level. Beyond reading wikipedia (don't use wikipedia), you need to learn how to be a technician, or 'hack your own programs together, and not depend on community support and validation for your interests.

Needs multiple choices option.

Give me a week, I'll set up my own chan dedicated to technology with separate boards

/prog/ - programming
/ct/ - consumer tech
/os/ - operating systems
/tech/ - general tech chat
/sup/ - tech support

But where are you going to get users?

test

Looks like the thread is autosaging now.
The last similar thread also received the same treatment.

I just noticed that.

Well you know what? I'm going to force myself off of Sup Forums forever. I didn't pay to be here and I think it's just time.

from Sup Forums

see you tomorrow!

>have tech issue
>google it quickly
>open first result
>read it
>solve problem
>you are now shadowbanned because reddit has supportive comments sometimes

>accepting reddit cookies in the first place
time to leave