Wow look at this new Windows 10 feature called Fluent Design

Wow look at this new Windows 10 feature called Fluent Design.

youtube.com/watch?v=pT-zok786Yc

wtf i love windows now

Looks like a step in the right direction

Still a botnet

>if we just change the definition of "academic paper" we can pretend that niggers are human!

>Windows 10
>feature
that being said, what is this feature exactly? a consistent UI?

just open source Windows, Microsoft. It's not that hard.

if they open sourced windows, no one would use it
everyone would use linux with a windows sycall + driver compatibility layer
microsoft knows this would destroy them, so they only make token efforts to appease open source advocates (vs code, etc.)

yes please
i love opening more than one file explorer window

The intentionally planned diversity. Imagine my shock.
How many board meetings did they have and carefully edited the video to make sure there was plenty of race mixing.

Are pajeets the heroes we don't deserve. They hate apple and hate usless sjw tech bullshit

Too true. Is that not racism in and of itself? That they "need" a certain amount of diversity?

I fucking hate these corporations

nah,a lot things are broken in Linux (things related to Windows). An open source Windows means better kernel, better userland and improved APIs.

Most linux developers will jump to Windows.

I am just wondering what kind of black guys is tapping that ass. Dude, that's a complete lack of taste.

>a lot things are broken in Linux (things related to Windows)
Only because Windows is closed. Were it open, those problems would be solved and users (especially video game players) could leave Microsoft's ghetto.
>An open source Windows means better kernel, better userland and improved APIs.
This is also true, it would be beneficial for those too inept to make the jump to Linux.
>Most linux developers will jump to Windows.
This is just false, Linux developers know the mantra of "Embrace, Extend, Extinguish" very well.

i wouldn't be surprised at all considering .net core, they might do it just to copy osx, it'd be such a clusterfuck to build and patent encumbered nobody but ms will be able to use it anyway

You ever notice how KDE will update their UI and Windows will follow suit like three months afterward?

/thread

At this point Microsoft is only copyong the glorious KDE.

macOS done some of that shit ages ago

Besides I guess that it looks better than literal fucking single colored blocks in powerpoint

Also, I cannot wait for another update that -will- require a clean installation.

I was thinking, sure font rendering is terrible and all, but couldn't they give people an option to change the fonts?

Fuck Segoe UI seriously. It's forced and you can only change it on the remains of Windows 7 on the system, everything new like the start menu doesn't change.

Also

While I agree KDE with the right settings is probably the best current desktop environment across all operating systems (including macOS of course) it is also far, far, far buggier than what windows has. I love it but I really can't stand how unstable it is, and I have had my share of shit happening with earlier Windows versions as well.

Really I think stable KDE would obliterate anything. Anything.

They hate apple because they can't afford it.

desu pajeets are okay if they're sikhs

All they have to do is bring back Windows 7 UI and W10 market share would skyrocket, but no, they are doubling down on their minimalist flat shit.

oh wow it's flat design with some transparency and blur HOW NOVEL!

I do like the highlighting at 0:33

I do NOT like the warping at 0:40 and 0:52. any warping is 100% irritating as fuck.

Windows 7 UI is getting long in the tooth

This. Everytime I reinstall Windows 7 I install a visual style because the defaults are silly.

And with this I'm definitely not saying that 10 looks any better. I'm just saying W7 doesn't look that good and honestly I could not understand why everyone wants the W7 glossy shit on 10.

>I could not understand why everyone wants the W7 glossy shit on 10
Same reason why people were using XP with fucking Luna in 2013, they're luddites

Fuck off, Aero is ugly as sin. The gloss everywhere glass meme should have been left in the 2000s.

They want a diverse-looking group of people because (I know this one's a shocker) THEY'RE A CORPORATION TRYING TO APPEAL TO A WIDER DEMOGRAPHIC. Go back to LARPing about white genocide though.

botnet never looked so good

hahaha look how flat and cool
look hahaa touch
hahaha you can touch like you do in your phone
haha a pen
buy it goy hahahaha

It doesn't seem any more functional than what's on phones and what's already on Windows 10 to a large extent. The only improvement is that they're going to put boxes and boundaries around things which is nice but they were already doing that before they started dicking around with flat stuff.

Thanks god more than half the world doesn't agree with you.