Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
betexplorer.com/soccer/norway/obos-ligaen/stats/
refurb.no/p/hp-compaq-6200-pro-mt/60450
hooktube.com/watch?v=aqhW2tS-v94
askubuntu.com/questions/965455/how-do-i-create-an-opengles2-and-glfw3-snap
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pokemon blue or red?

Don't have a question but this is unironically one of my favorite pictures of all time.

What is the cheapest and most decent netbook in current year

Opinions on SFML?

It's simple alright?

Continuing my question from the last thread...

Are there any known issue's with XFX's variants of the RX 570? The card gets abnormally hot when I play modern titles, causing the game or card-drivers to crash. It could also be an issue of my FX 6300 bottlenecking it, but at this point I don't even know what the fuck is going on anymore.

In uMatrix, what do these little triangles mean? I can't figure out how to change them or what they even do.

Also can anyone point me to a guide explaining the differences between the types of content it lets you block, and their different security/privacy risks?

Well via web inspector the source of that triangle is an image called ../img/permanent-white-small.png so it looks like it is just to differentiate between temporary (eg unsaved) rules. You can see the list of each type on the "My rules" tab of the dashboard (right click -> options).

That doesn't make sense though. After I save my changes, several of them still have it.

how to diagonally scan elements from 2d to 1d array?

Using Ubuntu Gnome 16 04 4
My laptop's touch screen is kind of sensitive and I get the mouse shifting to various sections of my screen and it's a real pain in the ass when browsing Sup Forums or playing terraria or something.
Can I just turn it off?

I'm helping someone set up their new computer that was put together recently, but I am having a strange problem. I tried doing research, but found nothing that was helpful.
He needs to install Windows 10 for work, so I get a clean iso from the Microsoft website directly. I wrote it to a USB using dd and went to run it on the new computer. It detects the USB, but whenever I try to boot it, nothing happens. For some reason, the motherboard detects the USB twice (one saying UEFI at the beginning and one without) and when I choose the UEFI boot device, it just loops back into the bios menu while if I choose the boot device without UEFI, it just says "can't detect media or boot device, please restart" or whatever. I go into the motherboard settings, changing options from "UEFI" to "Legacy" and vice versa, but nothing is working. It's able to load other USBs with Linux distributions fine, but not the one I need.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte Z270-HD3 and the USB is a 16GB Patriot. I feel that part of the reason has to deal with the UEFI settings, but I have no idea why it is not working. I also don't know what setting in the motherboard to turn on or change. What do I need to do?

so after I made a bootable USB with Win7 so I could reinstall it on my laptop, the setup was in German and the only option I could really choose was to install it onto another partition, after installing it I still can't boot into Windows without the system repair saying that it can't do shit.
error 0x000000f
what do, I'm a retard and I can't do shit related to linux

>After I save my changes
Yes well, now you have more permanent changes. Why would that get rid of any triangles?

>looks like it is just to differentiate between temporary (eg unsaved) rules
>Saves rules
>Some triangles still there
?

Also the triangles are there even when they're the same color as the rest of the box, or when I've just opened the browser. How does that even indicate a pending change?

Why don't you try using miscrosoft's usb creation tool? Never had a problem with it, it will download and write iso to the usb by itself. Unless you don't have a windows installation around, then I dunno.

They differentiate by being there when there are permanent rules on that line, hence the permanent in the image name.

Ok. I've got it now. They only have that mark if they're saved as permanent AND they're a parent rule. Child cells don't get it. Thanks, that would have taken me forever to figure out.

If anyone knows of a guide explaining the different content types, that would be awesome.

for (int i = 0; i < len; i++)
b[i] = a[i][i];

bomp

Reposting
My mouse will occasionally disconnect and reconnect, maybe once or twice everyday. Sometimes it will disconnect, and my keyboard will also disconnect, and they will just have their indication leds flash on and off but otherwise be completely inoperable for extended periods. This is in Windows 7, I tried booting in knoppix and it appears to only happen in Windows, but I dont know how to replicate the disconnect as it appears the disconnects happen randomly.

If I disconnect all my usb devices then wait a long time before reconnecting the mouse and kb, sometimes it will work again. I tried fresh Windows install but issue still persists. Is my mobo dying or something?

What happens if I remove "Windows Search" from the "turn features on or off" panel in Windows 7?
I don't give a fuck about indexing, but I still want the search function to work.

It straight up disappears. If you don't install a 3rd party search program, you literally have no way to search your computer for anything.

If you don't speak german, I would suggest you download a different ISO and try again
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

Does this happen on both your front and rear USB ports?

Maybe your PC is shutting USB ports to save power. Try unticking this and check if it still does that.

Please respond!

It will remove Windows Search bar from Explorer and Start Menu. It speeds up Windows significantly on older machines.

I'm practicing web scraping with Selenium & PhantomJS and I can't figure out how to locate the table element on this url: betexplorer.com/soccer/norway/obos-ligaen/stats/

The most obvious identifier is in

Only the setup is in German and I still want to keep most of my old files.

>I still want to keep most of my old files
Clarify what it is you are trying to keep. It sounds like you've never successfully booted into the install...

I have 8gb ram but showing 7.89 usable. I believe the motherboard gfx using the extra space? Is there a way of disabling it so i have the full 8gb?

> I believe the motherboard gfx using the extra space?
Probably.
> Is there a way
Advanced settings - north brigde - iGPU - off or set a minimum of memory to it.

PPSSPP's folder of save files at the very least. It's on my main drive where the partitions are.

in the bios?

How did you install the geman copy without overwriting anything?

Sweet. Thanks mate.

Can I turn off the stupid 20°C offset on my 1800X? My MOBO is a Pro Carbon B350.

np, remember to search for any kind of markings on the bulb or around it's enlosure
they don't put markings on things for no reason

Thanks lad it worked. 8gb now.

Replacing 2 80mm GPU coolers with 2 arctic f9. Will it work?

Why does the anti ringing filter in madVR change the frame render time from 4ms to 40ms. Is this shit really so intensive or did I fuck something up.

How do I extract music from an app game?

How used/useful is Dreamweaver to make websites?
I've been using WordPress because of how much I despise pure front end coding, but Dreamweaver looks like a good bridge between.

Was recommended looking at refurbished pc's in the previous thread, insted of a cheap new one.

Is this decent for 200usd?

The setup offered me only that, everything else could be only canceled. Once I get home in a hour or two I'll try again and I'll see if everything boots up.
If not, then I'll just get it to my repair guy.

yeh definitely

Then whatever partition you just installed windows to, do it again, but this time with a confirmed good ISO burned with rufus. If you just did an install and didn't wipe everything from the face of your drive, it shouldn't hurt to do it again.

That said, your best chance of success would be to copy whatever files you car about onto a backup drive, then wipe all the partitions on that disk before starting over.

And how about this one:

refurb.no/p/hp-compaq-6200-pro-mt/60450

Are there hidden botnets in Xiaomi phones that sell/read/fuck with my data? Am I safe using them?

This might sound like a stupid question but how do you delete files like pics and documents off your laptop after its been "deleted" off the recycling bin. I feel my "deleted" files are taking up space I could use for the actually wanted files. Plus I just don't like the idea of not being able to erase things. So is there any way to permanently delete something? I'm not so tech savy so I would really appreciate some help.

>chinks reading your data
>or NSA

A hard drive's block never really gets deleted or freed. It just allows itself to be overwritten, which essentially makes it free space.
Right click your drive on my computer and click properties to get a general view of what's taking up what space, or poke around the folders in the drive to see where the space is being eaten.

Even if I install another os?

yes if your still using google apps.

You can either "secure erase" files to eliminate them at the time of deletion, or run a secure erase of all the free space on your HDD. Neither are necessary to have the space report as free and usable to your OS, so you only need to bother if you're imminently concerned with someone trying to recover those files. On SSDs the files do actually slow things down, but something called Trim goes through and automatically writes zeros over deleted files, so you don't need to worry about it.

Looking to switch off Kaspersky. Current top contenders are Bitdefender and Trend Micro.

Any other good ones?

I currently have no antivirus. What should I do?

Best foss apps on fdroid? finally got a phone with an unlocked bootloader.

Avoid pirating, use ublock origin, and sleep well.

Any way to open password protected rar files?
Need help.

"Sysadmin" here.

Just download the free version of Malwarebytes and manually run a scan once/week and make sure Windows Update is automatically running.

Be careful with what you receive via email and you'll be fine.

Not without the password. I think I heard of a directory a while back with an index of known passwords for certain files, but it's a long shot.

R9 290 Tri-X for $100 (USD)
Worth it?

is Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 still a thing for W10?

or is it just gonna break more stuff than actually fixing it?

Alright then thanks for the advice anons I'll try to learn and see how these things you guys listed work. So far I've just done the tutorial in the link below before I saw your comments.

hooktube.com/watch?v=aqhW2tS-v94

Going from GTX760 to RX570 (costed me $110), which would be the better route?
>uninstalling Nvidia drivers, disconnecting it, installing AyyMD
or
>disconnecting it, uninstalling Novidya, install AyyMD

download amd driver
uninstall nvidia with DDU and choose to turn the PC off after uninstalling

I first built my PC in 2012 with a 3570K. Since then I upgraded my graphics card to a GTX 970.

At what point should I upgrade my CPU? Am I already being bottlenecked by it?

Only use it for gaymen.

What's the easiest way to block certain sites using Firefox?

im compressing some steam libraries for my brothers. their internet at home is shit and I told them i would download everything for them and bring it on a hdd or whatever, and that I would compress everything so that it takes up less space and they can just decompress and install when they want. currently using .7z with lzma2, have the level set to ultra and the dictionary size at 128mb. getting pretty good results, but I wanted to ask:
is there a better format to use? or compression type? should I increase the dictionary size or is it just stupid after 128? i have 16gb of ram which limits me to a max of 192mb, 24 if I mix and match kits, but idk if the extra compression is really that great. also, is there anything I can do to get this to go faster? I'm using my 1600 with 3066 ram right now, only other option on hand is an old 8120 at around 4.2ghz

Avira, it's free and it's not Russian and it has one of the best detection rates for years

block by dns

the man on the left has nice socks

not bottlenecked with that cpu
i would wait to upgrade if all you do is game, and if you dont upgrade your gpu. that's a pretty balanced setup, and realistically if you're overclocked it is still fine in 2017
>t. my roommate has that exact setup oc to 4.7 and has no problems

thanks

I dropped my graphic card on my desk while cleaning it.
It doesn't seem to be damages and it works.

Should I worry? It was just a little drop, like 6 inches or so.

How do wifi extenders work? Do you just plug it in a wall and nothing else? Are there any downsides to using them?

ive dropped a card like that before, never had problems
aint broke dont worry

That's what I thought, thanks for telling your experience with this.

Which laptop is good enough for light programming and has a very good battery life that don't cost too much? (about 600-700€, in Europe)
Thanks anons

where do you steal your bash scripts for your status bar if you don't have the knowledge to make them on your own?

>Are there any downsides to using them?
they usually don't work

How to use android phone as usb webcam?

Anyone?

Hey, so let's say I've got a video that is in YUV colorspace and I need to get every frame from it in lossless quality, what would be a good way of doing so?
I used a ffmpeg and ripped every frame in png but I believe I'm loosing bits of information when converting from YUV to RGB.
Would be really glad if you could help me, here's the output from mediainfo:

ID : 1
Format : VC-3
Commercial name : DNxHD 175x
Format version : Version 1
Codec ID : AVdn
Codec ID/Info : Avid
Codec ID/Hint : DNxHD
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 176 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 24.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:2
Bit depth : 10 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 3.540

Shazam the trackID's?

Any recommendations on a tablet to read mangos and watch chinease cartoons on in good quality?

My laptop has no wireless interface. iwlwifi is loaded and linux-firmware is emerged. What the fuck do I do?

T400 or X200? Why? Don't give me another alternative unless it can be librebooted.

Could anyone help me with this?
askubuntu.com/questions/965455/how-do-i-create-an-opengles2-and-glfw3-snap

do newsgroups ban for copying entire hard drives?

I have a raspberry pi 2 how would i go about setting up an "Adafruit RGB Positive 16x2 LCD+Keypad Kit" so i can display some bitcoin mining info on it (BTW doing this for a project not a full on personal miner)

Any hp stream with 4gb of ram.
It's an ok piece of technology and super cheap.

Yes

where do android games usually download their data to?
like when you first install the game and it does an in-client download.

install gentoo

That's exactly what I've installed, but I used fucking genkernel. I'm currently recompiling with proper configuration.

Help in my UEFI BIOS
In the Boot priority Order, there is a thing called EFI File Boot 0:UbuntuB

I have removed Ubuntu from my laptop and grub as well,
When I booted using it, I got booted in win 10

>buy shit on amazon
>return it
>contact customer support to get the refund processed immediately
>take money out of bank account
>cancel the return
>repeat
how long could someone do this until they got their ass toasted?