Tfw your university is so shit that they combine IT and CS into one bachelors degree

Tfw your university is so shit that they combine IT and CS into one bachelors degree

Other urls found in this thread:

tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3003
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's a bad thing?

Seems to me you can cut 50% of the useless crap in both out of the picture.

amerifat education

>including computer shit (IT) into a math degree (CS)

Sounds like a shit university

I'm thinking of studying cs here

Is there really a lot of math? I only did math A in highschool

>IT
>university level
what kind of university is this lmao

It's kind of a meme because technically computer science is technically more about maths and abstract descriptions of computation than computers and code but in the real world computer science degrees are usually actually about software development.

Look through the course description of what you're considering and see what it's actually about. Also they'll teach you the maths. That's kind of the point.

My university does that too, because job requirements here require you to have an "engineering" degree, by which they mean as long as they taught you math for at least a semester, you're good to go. The rest depends what you did in your free time, aka projects and self learning. The company where you'll get hired will teach you the field.

Note that i live in a post-commie country.

>they combine IT and CS into one bachelors degree

isn't that how it works in all of Europe?

My uni doesn't have compsci anymore. It disappeared 10 or 15 years ago because everyone got a job before graduating. Now there's only engineering programs which are combined BSc+MSc programs.

>fell for the college meme

My condolences.

CS is a fucking meme. I'm in my final year, going well, very good grades, and still don't know shit about computers. If you ask me how audio is represented, for example, I couldn't answer.
Wish I had studied math or physics.

going to college to learn how to program in 2017

>wanting to be a code monkey
Have fun finding a job

>If you ask me how audio is represented, for example, I couldn't answer. Wish I had studied math or physics.
No, you should have studied electrical engineering.

You have to be logical in order to be a good programmer. And you have to be logical in order to be good at math

Which is why most women are terrible programmers

I got my CS degree and most of my knowledge came from self-learning and studying with friends.

tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3003
Enjoy

Same as me.
Its just a piece of paper in the end.

its actually happening in the UK too, all first years for all computing degrees are the same, each year following halves the number of classes that are generic between them until your honours (4th year)

>tfw intimidating business, info tech and plebby media students with networking degree

They did this for me in the middle of my stay, it actually fucked me over immensely because I wasnt informed that my program got replaced.

so you didn't actually get the degree you had intended or was it called something else?

There really isn't a big difference between computer science and it anyway.