ITT LAPTOP BRANDS YOU HATE

Let's hear some stories boys

succ

Apple, because over the past few years they ruined the MacBook Pro and also because every single fucking company tries to copy them.

Acer
Anus

>he bought an acer
kek

Lenovo
Boycotting them because they put spyware in their bios

Packard bell

I like SNSV

JADE is better

HP
>bought a consumer line laptop with a quad core, 4GB RAM and 180GB HDD
>GPU was Nvidia 8400M, pretty good for it's time
>build quality was dogshit, very flimsy and cheap
>self servicing was very hard because how they made it a cluster fuck
>couldn't open it without fancy hexagonal screwdrivers, but meh
>just when the warranty ended, GPU kills itself by overheating
>soldered to the motherboard so have to get the mobo replaced
>this keeps happening every 6 months
>I would keep running the laptop on 100% CPU and GPU benchmark load overnight after getting the new mobo, and it should run fine
>then it would shit the bed while running 6 months after

I hear good things about their elitebooks, but haven't tried them.

Fuk u jade

Those GPUs were all malfunctioning, some modern ones still do after years of abuse but those nvidia chips simply had a faulty design
Elitebooks are alright and comparable to thinkpads

That's what I thought man, I speculated it was a problem with my apartments power supply, but that was just too unlikely since everything else was working fine

Anyone that owned one in the early 90's ended up on Sup Forums

>HP
shitty cooling
retarded construction
shitty display connectors

>shitty display connectors
This
They have their own retarded fucking connectors. The display connectors are one thing but they have those god awful hard drive adapters

I'm not sure acer is that bad user. I mean its not like you paid a fortune for a top quality device.
3 years over a mid-range acer laptop as daily basis and still does well enough despite several minors repairs and a shit screen.
Battery is still doing its job, lasting like 6 hours top, and a new SSD was a great upgrade.
I wouldnt say hate, but I knew it was the cheap choice, what would one expect?

THIS MOTHERFUCKING PIECE OF SHIT ARGIE BOOTLEG CLEVO COPY
>Grandma purchases one for me as I enter uni
>Hard drive dies even before 6 months
>Replace it no problem
>Plastics everywhere start to break and self destroy
>Screen cable dies itself
>Display panel shows white marks a year after I had it
>Useless crappy Bentium, max upgrade I could do is a 2030m
>Shitty ass drivers and Intel HD graphics
Holly shit this is the most crap computer I ever had, my dad's Compaq will fucking outlive this POS

Most laptop brands are shitty, even the most popular and edgy brands like msi, razer, alienware have terrible and disgusting laptops...

i'll probably have to get one soon because work but i am hoping to buy the least shitty model. wish me luck

Also
>One USB port dies within months
>Battery lasts max 1 and a half hour
Shit even using it to shitpost here makes me angry

reminds me of my friend asking for advice on a "xiva" laptop a nignog was trying to sell him.
Firstly, asked for a picture and it was a Toshiba (tshiba -> shiba - > xiva, I guess)
Secondly, it was a 10 years old space heater slab of a laptop.
wtf? people are just this dumb?

>The laptop says BANGHO

>you got BANGED for your money like a HO

I don't see the problem here

I don't hate any because I never buy crappy laptops.

Although I have used some particularly bad HP's a couple of time.
I always feel sorry for the person who owns them.

I got a five year old probook and it's pretty good. Sturdy construction, has VGA and DP, easy to access and suprisingly capable due to the quadcore bulldozer. I only got two complaints: it weights a metric ton and that bulldozer chip drains the battery in a few hours.

acer, non thinkpad lenovo, hp

asus and dell were always been reliable for me

Acer

Currently using a Swift 3, and holy shit do I have to press down on the keyboard real hard to be able to type.

Since they tried to cut down on size, it does not even have an ethernet port. Also had Winblows 10 go corrupt in less than a year.

I bought an acer e3-111 two years ago, mostly for the lulz - it was cheap as fuck, and hardware was 100% linux compatible - it even came with some kind of bullshit chink linux distro, which I promptly replaced with Arch.

Unfortunately, it turned out there were several issues with it, the most frustrating one being the shitty synaptic touchpad.

There were no physical buttons, so both right- and double-click had to be performed with tapping the pad with two and three fingers, and I had to do repeat it three or four times in a row to work correctly.

What was even more frustrating, the cursor would occasionaly start hopping on the screen like it had a heart attack, to eventually die and stop moving at all - restarting X didn't do shit, it had to be rebooted to start working again. This kind of killed all the joy with the laptop and I ended up using a mouse at home, and a tiling wm with a fuckton of keyboard shortcuts when /out/.

Fuck Packard Bell so much. Worst pieces of shit ever.

Chill man. Tell us your story.

Malay looks like a pretty cool language, perhaps I should give it a go.

Acer

I think the Acer mission statement is to fuck over as many customers as they possibly can. Forget warranties, they wont honor them.

Fuck...

i hate consumer class hp's. bad cooling, flimsy build quality, and cheap parts for the money. their business stuff is great though. i love my elitebook.

all non-business/workstation laptops are shit

Dumbass op should've not the brand that is 100% fail proof

Toshiba

working in PC repair, there is a disproportionately large number of lenovos that come in, frequently with extensive chassis damage.

they're frail computers and they suck.

Fuck Acer
Fuck HP

>Own toughbook
>No problems ever
Feels good.

RMA'd a HP laptop 6 (SIX) fucking times.

Every laptop I've owned has pissed me off. The best of the lot was this giant toshiba 17" desktop replacement whose only major problems were being a 17" fucking laptop.

Toughbooks are actual tough since they have to meet milspec.

> Apple
Toddler toys for tech illiterates that want fashion and not function. Overpriced for last years hardware. Touch bar and no key travel.
> HP
60% rate of failure after 2 years. Absolute trash laptops, unless you buy the more expensive ones that are overpriced, and then your price-value ratio is shit. Hp bloat.
> Lenovo
IdeaPad line is dogshit. They now make gaming laptops. Thinkpad are ugly as sin and thicc, but have world class keyboards and are durable as fuck. Also weigh more than a bag of bricks. Chinese backdoor.
> Dell
Absolute DOGSHIT QC and they make shit laptops unless you buy the $1000+ ones, then you're overpaying for what you get. Dogshit keyboards on the XPS. Coil whine, but that seems to have been fixed. Dell bloat.
> Asus
Lel, the worst parts of Dell and Hp. They make okay gaming laptops, but >gaymen laptops. Shit aesthetic and worse hardware on non-gaymen laptops. Asus bloat.
> Samsung
Not too bad, but overpriced and >samshit Lel.
> Acer
The worst of all of the above, except Apple. Then more of that.

This. My dad has one. Flimsiest, piece of shit, I've ever seen.

What is wrong with Accer?

Also, what is Sup Forums opinion on Avell

UNA, GRANDE Y LIBRE

medion

Acer. I once spent 7 hours trying to fix my mate's laptop. What a fucking shitshow that was and convinced me never to buy an Acer ever.

I was really tempted to get a Helios but just said no to it because Acer.

I've only heard bad things about them and I see them all the time because poorfags buy them and then bitch about them fucking up.

Acer is responsible for the sale of many macbooks for sure.

Yo Patxi better back up the schematics for those bombs, that junk won't last much longer.

hp
toshiba
acer

Fucking this. Acer, Toshiba and Huelel are the worst things I've had the displeasure of using and/or repairing.

many of my corporate acer laptops' cpu heatsink was bent causing bluescreens, they finally send technicians to replace all heatsinks regardless bluescreen or not

Is this the new laptop general? I'm looking for something with 1080p, that can render about 1000 spheres on the screen, with a relatively new processor. What should I get?

No, this isn't laptop general, this is laptop regret. We're good for what laptop NOT to buy. So far it looks like you shouldn't buy: Acer, Trashiba, Bangho, Huelel Fudgepackerd other than Elitebook, or Lelnovo other than Thinkpad.

system76 because ubuntu is for the elderly

>8400M
You could use them as ovens

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
THESE WOUNDS, THEY WILL NOT HEAL

lol i had one of those. fucking throttled like a bitch. worst part was the unfixable shutdown crap.
after two years the laptop should literally black screen off and there was literally nothing wrong with it. changed the thermal paste, checked the power intake if the battery was failing. literally no reason. shitty fucking company never buying that again

Lenovo, HP, Asus, Acer, Toshiba.
Only brands I've had good experiences with are Dell (currently on an XPS 13 9350) and an old Sony Vaio (no idea if they're still any good).

Fuck Toshiba and Lenovo. Especially Lenovo though.
>be at micro center
>see lenovo z50 for 500$
>think it would be good for school and lightweight gaming
>ask rep. about laptop
>starts boasting. tells me that lenovos are extremely durable since they are built from magnesium
>dont believe his shit but buy the laptop anyway
>laptop did the job for 2 months. no complaints
>battery life was shit though. only lasted 3 hours tops on minimal usage
>after 2-3 months usage start to find screws around the house that belonged to the laptop that i would have to screw back in
>the screws kept falling off
>one particular screw that connected the main chassis (keyboard) to the display was missing
>each time i would open the laptop the chassis would separate and tear apart
>eventually the display was loose and would not stay in one position
>one day notice melted adhesive seeping from the rubbers on the display bezels
>super sticky and impossible to clean
>one day say fuck it
>throw lenovo into the river
>buy a Dell

Using a Dell 5 series with an i5. The only con is the abysmal battery life. Other than that its a decent laptop.

Lenovo.

Fell for the Sup Forums meme and sold my rMBP to buy an X240. Thing fucking had AWFUL ghosting issues and what the fuck was that trackpad.

Figured, eh, maybe just a whack lemon. Warranty exchanged, same fucking thing within a week. Turns out Lenovo was just using shitty panels with no care of fixing the problem since it was systemic with the Yoga too.

The day I noticed ghosting in my second X240 is the day I called Lenovo, initiated a return, and raced over to Apple for a new rMBP.

My PowerBook G4 from '04 still works beautifully. Battery life is shit, but that's expected from a laptop that's older than most posters on Sup Forums.

consumer grade notebooks ...

been using only hp probooks beside the pc - best to maintain and write on ...

It's an overheating garbage can that I spent 3 years on where as I could've bought a thinkpad and not care
I kind of feel cheated when I look at it and want warn anyone who thinks buying one is ever a good idea

>mounts your motherboard upside down

Seriously Toshiba,
I understand when thin laptops do it but your workstation laptops (which I, OP, also own one of) has upside down motherboards just to make it harder to service

What did he mean by this
Plus now I own a T430
Which is faster than the Acer in the OP

If you can read what I wrote on mine in the OP
>screws removed to repaste: 40~

This
Business laptops are God tier

40 series is worst thinkpad though
You did well user

wrong thread how embarrassing

Now it's time for you to change that wallpaper.

Not my fagbook

Love/hate relationship:

- Panasonic - used go for much more than they're worth, drivers are nightmare

- Getac - super fucking expensive everything, need battery or caddy -> that will be $300 sucker

I don't get it? I bought an Acer a year and a half ago and it's been working fine, specially for it's price.

>that flag

Absolutely patxi

>tu cara cuando los catalufos han hecho un amago serio de independencia y vosotros no habeis podido ni con decadas de terrorismo, bombas y muertos

Same, have to use the hardware switch every time it happens to make the touchpad work again.

lets see

acer
>hdd always mounted to the chassis, always fail/have bad sectors
>charging jack wired above/beneath hinges which are screwed into cheap plastic that cracks easily
>keyboards collect shit under them like no other

hp
>is this a laptop or a vacuum cleaner? EVERY SINGLE MODEL collects dust around the heatsink like no other, even EliteBooks
>600000 different keyboard designs, all look the same, but connector in a different place
>motherboards just die randomly
>batteries just die randomly
>cooling solutions are questionable

toshiba
>lets screw our hinges into the thinnest plastic evah@!!@##
>and have a huge gap behind the charger port so idiots can push it in!
>you're looking for drivers for the laptop you bought in asia on the american site? sorry, can't find this model! and not gonna tell you different region sites either!

asus
>lets soldier the charging jack straight onto the motherboard so idiots can push it in and irreversibly damage the motherboard !
>drivers? for anything older than 2012? good luck nigger not on our site

dell
>EVERYTHINGS PROPRIETARY.png
>NON ORIGINAL CHARGER? FUCK YOU.png
>we don't know how to plug the cable into the screen and tape it down

sony
>what doesn't go wrong
>hdds screwed directly to chassis
>charging port fails
>hinges fuck out
>we also don't know how to plug the cable into the screen
>over complicated bios that makes changing bios settings a total fucking bitch

lenovo
>old thinkpad hinges literally perfect, new sunken hinge design figuratively shit
>ratshit keyboard, square charging connection breaks off ALL THE FUKKEN TIME
>chassis is made out of the cheapest shit, will literally crack opening the lid

apple
>if it works, it works, if it breaks, it's never working again
>soldiered components makes basic repairs impossible
>but people will pay big bucks to fix apple shit so they're great to repair

I work in repairs as well, the laptops I see the most are HP and Acer

Imagine being in the library and seeing this person with this computer.

>implying that shit isn't dead
It's a case user it doesn't even have the mobo inside
Literally on floor
I couldn't even bother to remove the tape yet
But I did remove it from my thinkpad

Have you ever repaired Razer laptops? What are they like? What fails most often?

Nope, never seen one. I'd assume similar to Apple seeing as everything is soldiered?

Most unique laptop I've seen is an alienware that had a failed hdd if I recall correctly? Have a few MSI gayming laptops as well which are surprising well built, except for the one where the hinges also fucked out on. Also had one ASUS ROG laptop come through with a cracked screen.

Lenovo because they ruined Thinkpads forever.
IBM for locking down thinkpads with hardware whitelists.
Dell for making the Latitude D630, what a heap of shit.

user, you're buying into memes...

Same here, the plastic is cheap, the fans are cheap, you have to COMPLETELY remove and flip the motherboard to replace ram but at least it's not soldered, screen is garbage, hinge is squeaky and requires a stupid amount of power to open, it's so goddamn heavy for being made out of mostly plastic, even the plastic is noisy, just holding it will produce squeaking noises, keyboard is good, trackpad is ok, I can pinpoint where the GPU and CPU are in the system because the PLASTIC discolored from the constant heat (at least unlike the blade it doesn't sound like a fucking ramjet)
Oh and did I mention it uses plastic??????

>Laptop still works great, it's never died on me (unlike Dells and Toshibas) and it's a fucking beast for the price.
>No ragrets

Thanks for polluting the waterway, you fucking brainlet.

>be me
>buy toshiba for $230 new in 2013, it was on sale
>six months go by...
>want to replace the thermal paste on the CPU
>open up the laptop
>unscrew the display
>plastic literally disintegrates as I'm unscrewing
>shit.jpg
>use superglue
>works for another 2 years
>hinge breaks again
>open it to fix
>the other one brakes
>welp, time for the cardboard box

and that was the last time I ever bought a toshiba

Dat name, tho.

user the laptop in the OP is mine
How am I buying into memes?

No it's not. Literally no use except for [spoiler]talking to non-chink ppl in my county. our Prime Minister shills this language a lot and if buy into his shit, you are either full blown Islamist UMNO Malay or a moralfag school teacher. We glorify English and mandarin language more than our own language[/spoiler]

Wallpaper?

Does your power go off randomly when the fan goes into turbo too? I've been experiencing this kind of shit lately.

2007 Toshiba P100,
Yes, across multiple versions of windows Vista 7 and 8

Fucking this.
It's become incredible hard to find a laptop that doesn't look like a MacBook.

>tfw non-chinkware like dell is still preferable to all chink products

at least vaio is still offering a non-chink alternative right now.

>Guy at work has an acer predator or some shit
>Growls in the middle of meetings whenever he opens it

Who the fuck thought that was a good idea

I too avoid Acer like it's cancer. I never owned one myself. My brother did by a Acer laptop some years ago, a pretty decent specced one too. It didn't take long before three of they keys on the keyboard had just fallen off and it just went downhill from there.

Toshiba has made the single two best laptop's that I've had the pleasure of using - in the early 1990's. They were solid and awesome. Too bad they haven't made anything worthwhile in over a decade.

I wish I could buy an old Thinkpad with modern internals. My W500 was nearly perfect save for the dim screen

HP. Their laptops sounds good on paper, like discrete gpu, 8gb of ram, ips screen, ssd, but, when you actually see it, it'll have ips screen shitter than some tns, memory is one single stick, ssd, for some reason, worse than good 7200rpm hdds and shitty cooling makes discrete gpu unusable.