EVGA denied my rma, so I need a new gpu Sup Forumsuys. What should I buy?

EVGA denied my rma, so I need a new gpu Sup Forumsuys. What should I buy?
Bought an evga gtx10606gb refurb unit. It crapped out 2 months ago, and rma was denied, because they found tar or whatever.
Gigabyte GV-N1080TTOC-8GD,
Zotac ZT-P10800C-10P, or just wait for gtx 1070ti.
I have a 1080p monitor now, but will upgrade to 1440 at the same time I buy card.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/EVGA/comments/76soy2/get_fucked_evga/
reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/76stce/admire_the_current_township_of_nvidias_partners/
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/76t8gt/evgas_world_class_rma_and_customer_service_at_it/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tar?

>Tar
Yea. From cigarettes they claim.

Well, do you even smoke?

EVEGA being complete faggots. Lesson learned never buy a refurb ever.

Smokers lose again

>Well, do you even smoke?
Fuck no.

Zotac ZT-P10800H-10P
I'm looking at this, because it's pretty cheap for a 1080, but I never bought zotac before, and it's a "mini". Are these okay (I keep my side panel off).

Did you not mention that at all? "Smells like cigarette" is pretty bullshit, I'd never take that from a support tech without speaking to at least 5 other dudes and a supervisor to see how much they care to BS you

>Did you not mention that at all? "Smells like cigarette" is pretty bullshit, I'd never take that from a support tech without speaking to at least 5 other dudes and a supervisor to see how much they care to BS you
Yea. It's been pretty much back, and forth for a month-ish, and they are finally returning it today with a "fuck you" to me.

Hey, do this: go to /r/novidia and post this.
Confront those bastards.

Keep giving them shit honestly. Shift the issue to seeing if the agent is even doing their job right.

>Hey, do this: go to /r/novidia and post this
I don't have an account to there man, and evga shills will out pace my commenting while posting all those I got a free upgrade through evga rma posts.

>Keep giving them shit honestly
I was just planning to trade the gpu for some thinkpads while never buying evga, and newegg refurbs ever again.

>don't have an account to there man
Fuck you dude.
Just do it.
...and if it is necessary we will create accounts there and trash the place.

tar xvfp it then.

Just send the card back and keep talking to them. Raise concerns about people doing their job wrong

>Just do it.
Fine gib me account name, because this is what always stopped me from joining most sites.

This

Blown parts can smell strangely - tell them nobody smokes in your household.
IoriIsmyAnalStar69

Try to get proof of the tar. Smell test does not cut it. Suspect everything and ask for proof from the department. Something is wrong and you should try to get a manager to look at how support is handling you. I've gotten a lot of slack out of pajeets just by repeatedly questioning the competency of the last guy and asking for verification

nonAnon

Account made. Now just waiting on mods to invite me.

Whoever said smells like a cigarette is an idiot. Tar isn't gonna collect on a gpu from smoking a cigarette 10 feet away so there's no physical damage denying him from RMA. He is entitled to his returned product because he is within the terms of the RMA and the void by evga is nullified because it makes no sense

I'm in.

Just keep saying you're going to show proof they are scamming because they cancelled your warranty under false pretenses. A smell on a gpu could be a cooked VRM which is the manufacturers fault is it not?

God's peed, user.
I am ready to pull the trigger

Proof to the proper authorities and post about their bullshit rma process on social media*

Very smooth

posted my first to reddit.com/r/EVGA/comments/76soy2/get_fucked_evga/
"get fucked evga"

Please uptootle my first post.

Yeah i saw it.
Now the problem is that it might will get your post removed, you, banned and your problem unsolved.
Can you edit the offensive language dude?

>Can you edit the offensive language dude?
I actually don't know how. I'll fidle around in the settings.

Do this:
Go to /r/nvidia, NOT EVGA.
Make new thread using irony against evga,
E.g.: "admire the current state of nvidia's partners against their customers and nvidia products"
If you can, delete at all the "get fucked" post. It won't help you.

>admire the current state of nvidia's partners against their customers and nvidia products
I word for worded this.

>Admire the current township of nvidia's partners against their customers and nvidia products.
>township
At least you tried, ahahaha.
Good luck with this.

Now let it settle for a few hours. Everybody will jump and ask you what happened.
Tell them how this happened.
Finally ask how anyone can help you with this, e.g. to get your card properly examine dby evga for faults, and not some drug sniffing dog test.

Thanks user.

I see that your thread have pucked up pace.
Nice.
Now, don't start swearing again and they will contact you back to get the rma.
Also, follow what plebbit anons say, e.g. post on pcmr and so on.

>From cigarettes
that wouldn't make a graphics card fail..
if that were true smokers would constantly have all of the electronics in their houses and cars fail. smoking inside would be as taboo as handing out signed blank checks

>Now, don't start swearing again and they will contact you back to get the rma.
It's hard. All my life I've lived like a drunk sailor.
I'm also getting shit on for having a "throwaway".
thanks for the plebbit suggestion though. It might help out, and it's pretty fun so far.
>that wouldn't make a graphics card fail..
I don't think that it's about the smell at all, and more about they have a reason to refuse an rma when they need to.

That is fucking comedy gold, what did you think that was going to accomplish?

>What should I buy?

Vega 56

>what did you think that was going to accomplish?
Nothing really, but card is done for anyways with a refused rma. I made the threads due to curiosity, and because user suggested to do them. RMArep has like over 51 ups, and a lot of comments that say something like op is smoker gets upvoted while comments that are op sympathetic are getting a lot of downs. Makes me wonder about this plebbit place.

>Vega 56
This is an option that I wasn't considering, but I do mostly linux, so this is a little bit more attractive now.

can anyone post the faggit thread? I want to see faggitors defending EVGA

reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/76stce/admire_the_current_township_of_nvidias_partners/

reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/76t8gt/evgas_world_class_rma_and_customer_service_at_it/

I GOT FUCKING CANCER AND AIDS
>HURRRRR YOU AREN'T PUTTING EACH SENTENCE IN A NEW LINE? LEARN REDIQUETE

>I GOT FUCKING CANCER AND AIDS
You're welcome