Archaeologists found a necropolis from a Merovingian village in northern France. More than 600 skeletons

Archaeologists found a necropolis from a Merovingian village in northern France. More than 600 skeletons.

Two things.

It proves that the french are the true descendants of the Franks. Merovingians era was about between 400 - 700 after Jesus Christ

Second thing, the men were about 1m70 for the height. In the 18th century men in Europe were under 1m70 on average.
It proves that living conditions were better in medieval era.

translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.francetvinfo.fr/economie/emploi/metiers/art-culture-edition/une-necropole-merovingienne-d-au-moins-600-squelettes-decouverte-en-picardie_1567007.html&edit-text=&act=url

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gombe_Chimpanzee_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankish_language#Influence_on_Old_French_and_Middle_Latin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_words_of_Germanic_origin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what went wrong?

>It proves that the french are the true descendants of the Franks
kek, you're mainly brown eyed cucked roman rape babby's, merowingians were only a ruling elite

Ehh...
Cool...
But Merovingian tombs and necropolies have been studied since forever, bro.

Too many wars, deceases, bad hygiene (in medieval era in France, people took bathes very often)
Hard working in the fields.

Merovingian era was pretty based tbqh
It's also the time when baltic finns developed into their own separate culture.
Good times.

>But Merovingian tombs and necropolies have been studied since forever, bro.

What did he means by this ?

Article says it's an entire village.

>roman rape babby's

We're Celts, Germanicuck.

>It proves that the french are the true descendants of the Franks
how exactly? are all modern french people related to them? no? then shut up.

You were celts until you've received the Roman dick up your arse

>we're celts
>he says, while claiming he's a descendent of germanic peoples

Weren't you helvetius (celts) until alemmani, romans and frogs (roman rape babies) raped you?

I'm not OP

Could you please stop talking about rapes or dicks ? I know you Swiss really love that but...

How ?
It's clear and limpid yet. the core of the Franks was in current France. Therefore most of the descendants are french.

Do you understand Pablo ?

Filthy lies, we are pure descendants of Divico

>the core of the Franks was in current France.
so was the core of the neanderthals once. that means french are neanderthals too? what about cro-magnons? basque/non-indo-european? you do know just because one family survives doesn't mean it actually has a significant impact on the total genetic contribution, right?

HOL UP
U BE SAYIN
WE WUZ NEADERTHALS N SHIET !?

we wuz chimp kangs too
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gombe_Chimpanzee_War

Listen to me Pablo, listen to me. The french come from somewhere.
Do you understand ? Should I develop my presentation ?

kek, sorry

yes, they come from local celts who constantly got ruled by different elites. if you make a genetic test, you'll probably be celtic or southern germanic. you're nothing. your great-grandparents were probably nothing more than shitdiggers, digging the shit from the cows that fed unimportant middle class noblemen who never saw the king themselves

Listen to me Pablo, if you ever disrespect to me or to my ancestors and my lineage again, I will launch a process that will result to find your mailing address via your IP address.

pablo isn't even a portuguese name familia

Yet you always have latin words for the most basic words of your language, when we Catalans have kept Germanic vocabulary. And your phonetics are anything but Germanic.

Anyway, having a necropolis is not so strange.

In Catalonia we have a lot of Germanic names and surnames (Ramon, Bosch, Baldrich, Berenguer, Guillem, Alicsen, Armengol, Grau...) and also toponyms (Llofriu, Timor, Nalec, Galí, Adar, Raurich, Senan, Arderiu...).

To this, add cultural elements, like our version of the Yule log or our good relations with Germanic tribes (Surprisingly, we were never raided by the Vikings. The rest of the Iberian Peninsula was.) yet I don't know of anyone that considers us the "descendants of the Goths".

most of those names are common everywhere in this peninsula
and they are from visigoth origin, not frankish or allemanic.
in galicia and northern portugal they have a shit ton of other names from the suebes. i'm not from there so who cares.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankish_language#Influence_on_Old_French_and_Middle_Latin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_words_of_Germanic_origin

They are not of pre-Islam visigoth origin.

Those names were put after Goths (Not the same visigoths that ruled Iberia), recovered Catalan lands.

i'm sorry but names like ramon, guillem, baldrich and berenguer are of visigoth origin.

Whatever you say m8. The goths that we had here came from outside. They were new to Iberia, this is well known.
If some of the names were already here, I don't know. It's likely that some did.

You keep ignoring my language, anyway.

I'm not saying you don't have words. What I'm saying is that you keep pushing your wewuzism while Catalan keeps getting disregarded.
In fact, it was you Frenchies who killed Occitan.

When you say "bouillon" I say "brou".
When you say "couteau" I say "ganivet". (you have canif but it's much more specific)
When you say "temps" or "moment" I say "estona".
And so on.

You will probably find examples of the opposite, but I give you these ones so that you can understand what I am saying.

catalan names places do not overrule pre-existing traditions. it's the reason everywhere in this peninsula we have old muçulman, roman, carthaginian and greek traditions, including names, places and even religious traditions.
your language has a lot of new things to it but it's mostly because it's the language of the new administrative settlers. the old people who changed language still remained their old cultures. it's the reason st eulalia is still your patron, for instance.