Has anyone noticed that this new "flat design" fad has started just about the same time this snowflake SJW hipster...

Has anyone noticed that this new "flat design" fad has started just about the same time this snowflake SJW hipster bullshit also started being pushed? I'm seeing relations here.

Other urls found in this thread:

codepen.io/wbobeirne/pen/pEjqGR/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I actually really love the new design-thinking that dropbox does. It's be best tech design available online.

It's the logical progression of web design. Maximizes symbol comprehensiveness and minimizes file size without compromising aesthetics.
What's considered preferential? I don't know if you were old enough to use the internet in the late 90s/ early 00s, but web design used to be a catastrophe.

Or is it something else?

>minimizes file size

Ha! Nothing is minimal about modern UI design, even when there's nothing there there's mountains of code to do it.

>Designing for users on the autistic spectrum
>Do... make your website look good.
>Don't... make your website look like geocities and myspace had a kid with fetal alcohol syndrome.

>this is ever coming back
>never
>never ever

Good thing mountains of code have nothing to do image file size considering we're discussing web design philosophy.

Normal people can discern order and meaning from the chaos, which is why (normal) people were able to use those sites in the first place.

Have you seen how much JS and CSS is used to these "minimalist" designs?

Normal people weren't able to use those sites in the first place, that sort of bad design literally fucking everywhere is one of the key reasons why most people didn't use the internet back then as heavily as we do now.

They didn't use the internet back then because computers were fucking expensive and you paid for the internet by the minute.

normal person
>hey, let's not exclude developers of color and woman
gentooman
>FLAT DESIGN IS A MARXIST CONSPIRACY TO EXCLUDE WHITE PEOPLE FROM TECH INDUSTRY

>normal people like things that look like shit!
No, they were forced to learn how to use those sites because no one knew how to design anything. Function was the only concern and form was an afterthought. Now that technology has progressed to the point where a site's functionality isn't as dependent on luck and chance anymore, more time and effort is able to be allotted to design. It's similar to any other machine. Cars used to be "let's focus on making it work" which is why original models were just boxes with wheels, even basic safety features came later. After the science behind function has been mastered, design became more of a priority.

you've seen nothing yet

>Stranger things intro with CSS, HTML and JS
codepen.io/wbobeirne/pen/pEjqGR/

Have you seen how irrelevant that is in a discussion about design philosophy?

It's mostly Sup Forums leaking in, not Sup Forums. And I'd wager about half of those from Sup Forums are Kremlin agents anyway. Putin was pretty up front about it.

Cars also became more efficient, meaning that you could go faster, and longer, with less resources being used.

Just like with computers...

>>/lgbt/

>>/psychiatrist/

MacOS 9 was a trainwreck. Apple's Windows Millennium.

That comfy BeOS though...

yeah, a bunch of SJW faggots and females wanted into "compuetrs". but they were too dumb to learn programming. so they focussed on """"design"""" and (((UX))) and started shitting on long established user interface paradigms.
and because they are incompetent niggers all they could come up with was "muh flat design" and "fuck skeuomorphism".

win 3.1 UI was still the best

Still, they have a shocking amount of information density for their size. Try and recreate it on a 1024*768 screen running any modern OS. Even minimal DEs like XFCE and MATE would come up short.

>normal person
This google shit looks like ass, I miss old macs
>gentooman
THE JEWS DID THIS I MISS OLD MACS

People really seem determined to steer the discussion away from design philosophy in a thread about design philosophy.

Maybe because this is Sup Forums and not /i/?

Skeuomorphism is a sexist patriarchal design ideology.

Minimalism is also unthreatening and simple. A screen with a few pretty pictures with round edges is gentler than .

>new
It's BEEN fucking 5 years

It's cost effective because you can hire any old untalented 'creative' asshole to fart this shit out. Makes me want to puke.

That's funny, because it looks like complete shit.
Just kidding, I love the preschooler aesthetics.

lmao you guys are fucking paranoid.

everything is a SJW conspiracy

t. sjw

>62940170
qed