What is the dumbest shit going on in technology right now?

Post stupid fucking things that piss you off

The winfags & the apple shills

both should seriously kill themselves.

AI assistants

ultrabooks

Having nearly every new language use Algol syntax.

u

>thinks recompiling the kernel makes you Linus Torvalds

I didn’t realize they still made your kind.

Silicon Valley as an institution.

>Grifters selling absolute bullshit to richer grifters who know that it's absolute bullshit in the hopes that they can fuck people over for money before they get caught.
>IOT being thrown into everything instead of ideas that can actually help people.
>Dickriding everyone who "made it" as an unparalleled genius, like Zuckerberg or the Snapchat guys.
>Weird air of self-importance, (like comparing the Paypal guy to Iron Man)
>Boasting of "disruptive" technologies that do nothing but recreate services that already exist without legal or financial responsibility for company owners.

Shit is a plague on Tech. Our best and brightest minds are spending their most productive years sharing successwin memes on Instagram and praying that their meme app will make them the next Steve Jobs.

No one has made a decent laptop in a long time that has both decent power and huge battery life. Instead they just keep trying to make them thinner.

It's an important stepping stone, user.
If I don't get my own blade runneresque holo-fu by the time I'm 50 I'll have to kill myself or learn to talk to other people.

>throwing machine learning libraries you barely understand at literally everything just in case you accidentally get rich

got eem

B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T

Look, if you don't think qr codes on my juice that won't let me drink it unless it's before the expiry date aren't a massive quality of life improvement, I don't know what to tell you...

Totally unrelated note, if investors loved the idea of subscription juice so much, why don't they just fucking ship fresh BOTTLES of juice every week? The machine doesn't make any fucking sense!

Firefox having poor custom font styles and plugins. This should be a main feature of the browser with a lot of flexibility for the user, but it is currently a mess.

>Retards that need to justify their waste of money by attacking other companies and shilling as if they had actually invested in that company when they bought their videocard/phone/console
Basically 90% of everyone here.

>Retards who need to use obscure distros/programs to feel special and talks shit about everyone who uses anything popular
Here's the missing 10%, God they are almost as annoying as vegans.

I almost respect how ruthless the Juicero grift was.

At some point in the near future putting so much power in the hands of literal autists is going to bite us in the ass.

Options for displays in laptops are either cheap 1366x768 shit or 1920x1080 IPS in $1300+ laptops. The only motherboard manufacturer for AM4 that doesn't put the M.2 slots under PCIex16 slots. All the interest in removing I/O for the sake of aesthetics is fucking stupid too.

IoT pisses me off. Everything about it. You're basically putting sensors and DRM machines all over your house.

Join us.

Fuck, that second sentence is referring to AssRock.

Stupid fucking threads created by frog posters that contribute nothing at all to the board. I wish frogs were banned on sight.

>The "VR" meme
>The "patreon" meme
>The "mobile apps" meme
>The "4K marketing" meme
>The "cryptocurrency" meme
>The "web application" meme
>The "edgy gamer tech" meme
>The "coding bootcamp" meme
>The "flat graphic design" meme
>The "trendy web startup" meme
>The "dumbing down of tech" meme
>The "planned obsolescence" meme
>The "social media marketing" meme
>The "just copy what apple does" meme
>The "kickstarter / gofundme scam" meme
>The "removing features, is a feature" meme
>The "(((free))) app or service that sells your data" meme
>The "YouTubers complaining about youtube adbucks" meme
>The "encourage starbucks stacy to learn programming" meme

Rectangle exhaust tips and exhaust that exits through the bumper

>Mozilla and Google being overrun by SJW cucks

>people actually believing this bullshit

You gotta be kidding

>>/leftypol/

Constant complaints about SJWs have ruined lots of places online, especially game stuff.

Business managers in charge of tech companies

gnome shell

(You)

>Big Data

> ctrl + F
> no "no headphone jack"

wtf I hate Sup Forums now

>wtf I hate Sup Forums now

EVERY company is a technology company. Bonus points for hardware memes.

>The "meme" meme

>>The "patreon" meme
>paying someone who makes things you like is a meme

Gamer aesthetics, especially on cases. Pc cases used to be so beautifully elegant, what went wrong?

>The "flat graphic design" meme
It sounds to me like you hate standards

>non-etched, small keyboard
>more expensive than a regular, etched keyboard
Yet fucking retarded hipsters buy this shit. Holy shit.

rage threads should honestly stay in Sup Forums

>The "shitposting" meme

Linux

Corporate greed.

phone bloat

holy shit im scrolling down a facebook feed of words with the occasional picture, not trying to bruteforce the NSA. why the fuck are you stuttering

This so much
Especially Messenger pisses me off (I have to use it because everyone and their mother uses Messenger exclusively in kurwaland)
It's a motherfucking chat client, why add a Snapchat, an integrated browser, SMS and call client and God knows what else
This is the first and only app so far that made my main screen interface get swapped and lag when I press
the home button
Thank God for Messenger Lite, an S5 neo shouldn't stutter in a fucking chat client

>a fad is a standard

Everything Mozilla is doing

>facebuk
>wazzup
>memegram
>dickord
>stigmal
>skayyp
>sluck
Instead of whatever standartized. Also electron meme, webrtc meme, bad developers that produce bloat and can't into thinking using brain, not a wallet, in general.
Also Normies who doesn't care about being fucked in the ass because "for now it's muh convenient".

I agree with all of those.

>messenger lite
didn't know this was a thing. thanks.

Just so you know, you can use Messenger on your phone browser. Just tick the "Request desktop site" option in the menu.
I'm never installing anything by Facebook on my phone. I already make way too many concessions when it comes to my private information being exposed online, and that's one step too far where I personally feel comfortable going. Fuck those assholes.

>organizing your greentexts by length before posting

What level of autism is this?

New phones not having headphone jacks

My ISP constantly interrupting my connection to let me know that I have an urgent message.
The message is ALWAYS some shit promotion that they have going on and they refuse to let me go to any other site until I view it..

Old technologies getting more expensive instead of cheaper

Ditto for the phone world

>the "app" instead of application meme

>not having a text editor that makes that easy meme

>“please justify the reasons we should implement security for the IT related sections of our company with a presentation”
>“no, we arnt going to Google it ourselves as to what happens without any security”

The fact that we have the computational power of the rocket that got us to the moon right in our pockets, but we're still not investing in space travel.

Why does this annoy people? Why does it offend you if someone uses the shorthand for application? You do know that the term has been in common use since before you were born, right?

3.5mm jack fags

$1000 phones with no headphone jack and no SD card slot.

It's like buying a new 2017 car with no radio and cup slots inside.

>Not investing in space travel
That's the biggest concern for me, hopefully we will still see a Mars Landing in our lifetime

I'm more concerned about all phones being absolute shit quality under like 500$. 300 dollar phones barely work for 3 months and then the issues start. You need a high end over just to be able to use for a year or more.

not him but now everything is called an app
just look at windows 10

Just buy last year's flagship for dirt cheap prices. I got a S7 for $300 and it's getting Oreo early next year. In the meantime it still works great on LineageOS

OK, and why does this annoy you? It is literally just short for 'application'. I honestly cannot think of a single reason why the term would annoy someone, I've been using it since the mid-90s at least.

Hm maybe that's the only solution. How are the Cat phones anyway?

If my mom sees more than 2 text boxes on a single page she goes into panic mode and won't touch the keyboard at all. A simple linear chatbot would probably help a lot of people.

This

no x86 phones

>exhaust that exits through the bumper
is this a thing?

This.

Electron apps are the worst.

Other manufacturers copying the bad parts of applel

I have a Lumia 830. The only problem I have with it is that Windows Phone has basically no apps.

I think this is what he meant.

This is excessive hyperbole though, out of those only "application", "program", "software" (to a degree) and perhaps "game" in the mobile world have been replaced with "app" in common use.

>sit down in a court room
>"I have prepared the docs for this case, here's the evi; p.clear, my judge"

you

the word "app" is literally acceptable to use in a court room

>This is excessive hyperbole though
Wow! In a humoristic image? Incredible.

no

You're just circlejerking user. Look at any workstation laptops and you'll have plenty of power and juice. You'll need to pay up the wahzoo though.

>no standardized front io pinouts for cases
>putting m.2 slots or cmos batteries under the first pci slot
>motherboards not including cmos jumpers
>plastic/glass windows

I've never understood the need for the windows, or why ones without seem to be the minority now.

chat bots

Look at the GooG vs Oracle trial. The judge even used the word app.

This

That some militarys use windows

You posted the image as part of a serious discussion, don't be obtuse.

GitHub changing Master, Slave.

SJW trash mostly.

>Lowering your living standard to that of 3rd world countries.

A wild cuck appears! Get off our board!!! REEEEEEEEEE

these.

Nice job building a strawman out of assumptions alone. What's your next trick? Turning a jew into a chink?

Go back to Sup Forums

>no bezsls is a feature

The slow but steady removal of the headphone jack on phones. Pretty much every obsolete standard that was axed in the past had already a superior alternative. There was an annoying transition period for a while, but then the alternative was widely adopted and accepted. The headphone jack doesn't have a good succesor. Wireless headphones are shit, the sound quality is generally shit, they're prone to interference, and you now have two devices to charge. The lack of an additional port means you can't charge and listen to music at the same time without a dongle. And, worst of all, there needs to be a DAC inside the headphones. There is no standard (yet?) so one pair of headphones might not work on the other. And, more importantly, the DAC makes headphones or earphones expensive. And that sucks on something as prone to wear and damage as headphones.
The only reason for the removal of the headphone jack is to squeeze more money from consumers.