3rd remove vulnerability on openbsd

Since WPA2 affects almost all WIFI suites can we consider openbsd has an new historic security hole?

its not their code though

This, but yea it's still a vulnerability. This is a judgement call I guess.

Yes, but expect bullshit on their users.
>third
That they found, is not like they have enough audit from third parties anyway, pun intended.

what fucking scares me its to think CIA niggers may found this before.

literally no implementation was safe

and it technically isn't a remote hole

99.99% of chance they knew it.

This

It doesn't result in arbitrary code execution and nobody uses OpenBSD with WiFi in the first place. And to top it off these vulnerabilities were discovered while someone was auditing OpenBSD code, so OpenBSD was the first project to patch it way back in July.

>nobody uses OpenBSD with WiFi in the first place
All the developers use thinkpads.

Bsd could catch on if it had more drivers but hardware manufacturers have no interest in supporting an os that isnt used by anyone.

I think tad is right though. Its time to move past unix. We need a new OS that isnt old and bloated.

Definitely, especially for mobile
We're stuck with iOS or Android/replacement
Blackberry seems not to give a shit about BB OS
I wish WebOS and Maemo/MeeGo never died
Linux and Librem team up is a step in the right direction but more variety would have been better

yeah
YEAH
Y-E-A-H

Well, that and the fact that most people use FreeBSD on a VM.
What the hell are you even trying to say?

>nobody uses OpenBSD with WiFi in the first place
That's the primary way I connect to networks in OpenBSD.

When i used openbsd i was a true patrician and used ethernet only. Not because i wanted, but because the broadscumm driver wasn't compiled in the kernel (originally developed by other bsd devs). It was shit, because the file transfer was slow as fuck from everything.
>what is errata page

Whenever I had issues with NIC drivers I simply switched to a compatible NIC. I never understood why people act like it's impossible to change an mPCIe card.

I would rather download more ram... or install gentoo. That solved the issue.

they fixed it first
:^)

They got the notice first too, but not anymore.

they saved their users from the threat of government agencies (who got the notice early) exploiting this flaw
truly a commendable act

And endanger everybody else. Very commendable. AutismoBSD.

their fault for not running OpenBSD

It's not their fault everyone else isn't also using OpenBSD

You can be sure that they have other vulnerabilities that they use and not make public

>wanting retarded windows users and billions of b8 posts about crashing softwares and being non-compatible with anything wangblows related
openbsd need contributors and better management, not users. Currently.

I never said I wanted anymore people using OpenBSD than there currently are.

Then don't defend releasing a patch related to something confidential.

Nah, they did the right thing

For the few users they have. Now they will be in the same shit as everyone else.

No fucking shit

Deal with it.

What's there to deal with? How dumb are you?

>How dumb are you?
Seems like reading comprehension is a rocket science for you. You should reread the story behind the early patch and Theo's memo and the aftermath related to it. This may effect the general prestige of their development too, but who cares. I'm done with idiots like you.

Seems like you're even dumber than I thought. You should never assume anything; I haven't read the story behind the patch.

You should consider Sup Forums or /gif/. Then you don't have to check what thread are you shitposting in.

I'm not shitposting in any threads.

Go to bed, Theo.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

It's in base system thus it's their responsibility. But it's mitm so technically not a remote vulnerability.