Gimp vs Photoshop

Gimp vs Photoshop

Which do you use and why do you prefer it over the other?

I personally find Gimp worse than Photoshop.

GIMP, because it respects my freedoms

Gimp 2.9.6 got released a while back, what's wrong with it other than UI? They're currently working on deprecation of libgimp API, fixing the UI, and they really want the GTK+3 port finished, but properly will just port it to GTK+4 in the end.

Gimp because I live on less than $1,000 a month.
I need all the free shit I can get, fuck the leaning curve.
I also fuck around with Blender too.

Ok smart guy, draw a circle.

photoshop, because I actually need to get shit done with it that doesn't look like a preschool crayons contest entry. Tried gimp for a while but my good it took me hours to do even simple tasks.
Also with CC I can now stay up to date for 20$/h which is cheap af

*20$/month

MYTH: You can't make a circle in GIMP.

TRUTH: You can. It's as simple as using the Ellipse Selection Tool to first choose the size of circle then Select -> Border from the menu and finally using the Bucket Fill Tool to give the circle a color of your choice.

Doesn't Gimp have less features than Photoshop? I was trying to make pic related. The worst thing is that the scale and move features are separated as tools. In photoshop, I can rotate, move, scale all in one tool. Also, when I scaled I wouldn't have an annoying pop-up and with the old scale of the image covering the background. I'm biased because I know Photoshop very well, and used it for cleaning manga and also drawing.

I prefer Photoshop too. I'm more used to it anyway. Money isnt a concern because I've never fucking paid for it anyway.

>Money isnt a concern because I've never fucking paid for it anyway.
My philosophy is that once I get an actual career and/or make money off it, then I buy the product.
t. scumbag

forgot to post pic

>using propriatery software

I am a sinner.

The argument isn't that you "can't", but that it's much more tedious and time consuming to do things that would take you seconds in PS. I don't think you'll find a single professional web designer who prefers GIMP over PS.

>I don't think you'll find a single professional web designer who prefers GIMP over PS.
This

gimp because i dont spent my neetbux on a tool for the sole purpose creating shitsposts

paint.net

A lot of it is because they've been told well that PS is the only possible way for years

Krita is Photoshop lite, Gimp is no competition.

Photoshop is industry standard.
GIMP is only for linuxfags.