PC gaming is overrated

Look at the difference in graphics. That's Ultra vs Console.

There's damn near no difference yet you're paying a $1500 premium over a console. I can't be the only one who thinks this at least a little bit retarded.

Also some other points:

1. No split screen yet you're paying for the same game.

2. Smaller player base in most games yet you're paying for the same game.

3. Can't play in your living room. Don't bring up that controller nonsense, you'll get smoked by your peers using mouse and keyboard.

4. Different fucking stores/programs for every game. Origin, battle.net, steam, Uplay etc.

5. Console is priority #1 for developers

6. So much different hardware to account for so you aren't guaranteed the game will work out of the box. And think about it, you're paying more for that wtf!?

L

Other urls found in this thread:

thinkcomputers.org/battlefield-1-alpha-pc-ultra-vs-ps4-vs-xbox-one-graphics-comparison/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkerboard_rendering
youtube.com/watch?v=s0zkZ9X37vc
youtube.com/watch?v=gsSsXKvlZ2U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>bf1-comparison.jpg
>.jpg
>expecting us to compare graphic quality

XB1 and PS4 legit look like clay/mud.

lllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Nice meme. GTAV looks like a different game on ultra compared to consoles.

Fallout 4 on pc btfo of consoles.

Sorry, I prefer a keyboard and mouse, not auto aim trash.

Go ahead show me a picture that you believe is a $1500 difference

That's what it is you moron

Show me a pic then. Also that's literally the only game they ever did that for

Not all of it you fucking idiot. You're telling me sandbags should look like someone made a soft clay wall? Or the beams from buildings should be made of mud?

Wet sandbags are mud bro. Anyway the pictures are identical.

I actually Photoshoped the labels around. Middle picture is PC. Further proof you have no idea what you're talking about.

No you didn't.

thinkcomputers.org/battlefield-1-alpha-pc-ultra-vs-ps4-vs-xbox-one-graphics-comparison/

>playing video games

Nice. Now show me how you play 1ms 1440p 144hz on a konsole and play on the shitty controller without aim assist

No you didn't.

And no it isn't. Learn what the fuck mud is. Mud is almost NEVER sand + water.

A console around the power of the XB1X makes PC gaming seem dumb. I never liked the feel of PC gaming anyway, something not quite right about it. I'm also not an autist who wants to install weird mods and shit. The gameplay experience of a console is just so much better, it makes up for the lacking visual fidelity which is a closing gap anyway.

>Unironically playing at 30 FPS

That alone makes any argument for consoles redundant.

Console "visual fidelity" will never come close to PC until games run at 60fps as standard on them, and the XboneX sure isn't bringing that (and couldn't possibly, since it's still "powered" by a shitty AMD Jaguar spawn-of-Faildozer laptop CPU). Temporal resolution is far more important than pixel resolution, though having both with zero compromises is nice.

SHIT BAIT
REPORT AND IGNORE

honestly, the left most pic does look better.

>no split screen
who cares

>smaller player base
if it's enough to fill a room, then its good enough.

>cant play in your living room
again, only console plebians will care about that.

>different stores
the only unbearable one is origin. the rest are decent.

>console #1 for devs
only for shit level AAA titles.

>too much different hardware.
no matter how many different CPU/GPU combos i've tried, not a single one didn't work for reasons other than lack of computing power.

How feels when you need 2 or 3 consoles to play games from different generations?

Shit I can still play original curse of monkey island on PC.

Anyway just the existence of a controller as input method is cancer enough for me.

>2017
>unironically still playing AAA games

so you're telling me a game designed for a console, isn't better on pc when its been ported?

>showing 144fps in a screenshot
>being this retarded

>he has to lie to "prove" his "point"

Fuck yeah my nigga, COMI is pure gold.

Okay you got me. Buut my point still stand. No one has shown me a picture that illustrates a $1500 difference

Dude you're lying. You don't even play games at that resolution or fps. And response time is the same under 5ms

Definition of mud. 1 :a slimy sticky mixture of solid material with a liquid and especially water; especially :soft wet earth. - Miriam Webster.

>Curse of the monkey island

That game sounds like it's based on your life.

Thanks bro . Finally some logic

Xbone Xtra will allow fake 4k

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkerboard_rendering

How can't I play bf1 1440p 144hz? With 2x 1080s it's nice. I'm not on a shitty box that crumble to reach 60hz on 1080p.

caring about graphics in games is reddit tier
but pc gaming has much more to offer than consoles

A PC is more expensive in the short term, but its an objectively better system.

Freesync console and 4K TV when?

>Each game is $60
>Online is $9.99 a month or $60 yearly
>Can't be productive with a console
>Can't customize your game settings or install mods
>Can't upgrade
>Can't install cracked games
>Can't emulate
>Can't use different console controllers
>PC ends up being much cheaper in the long run
Fuck off, consoles suck.

Show me a console that can handle Arma 3.

Fist off go back to Sup Forums fagit.
And you cant get all games for free on console so fuck off.

>62949337
>honestly, the left most pic does look better.
You're missing the point. Is it 300% better?

>who cares
Lame cop out.

>if it's enough to fill a room, then its good enough.
You can't even play split screen. No reason to fill a room

>again, only console plebians will care about that.
Duuuuude another cop out. That actually betters your experience unlike minute differences in visuals

>the only unbearable one is origin. the rest are decent.
1. If you consider it unbearable that's a big deal. The majority of AAA games are Ea.
2. The point is you actually have that many. That's just annoying. Imagine iPhone had 6 app stores. Just stupid.

>only for shit level AAA titles.
Oxymoron

> no matter how many different CPU/GPU combos i've tried, not a single one didn't work for reasons other than lack of computing power.
Now that's an actual lie. Just type this in Google. [insert game] not working on [insert graphics card].

I had an issue where AMD had a cool&quite feature enabled by default which fucked up BF4 for me. There's tonnes all over the internet

2x 1080tis dude that's like $1500 in graphics cards alone. No where near worth the money. That'll probably be around 6x the cost for slightly better graphics. You gotta be retarded to think you're not being screwed over.

That's my point. There's barely any difference yet you pay so much for it.

>Each game is $60
Yeah but you get split screen, larger player base and developer love
>Online is $9.99 a month or $60 yearly
For quality non fragmented service
>Can't be productive with a console
Buy a cheap laptop. Still cheaper than PC. And consoles got browser now
>Can't customize your game settings or install mods
Nah fallout had mods
>Can't upgrade
No need. Last gen lasted 10 years
>Can't install cracked games
Illegal. You can't include that. Otherwise I could just say you can rob a store for free games.
>Can't emulate
Again illegal.
>Can't use different console controller
You can.

>developer love
>quality
>console browser
>fallout "mods"
>emulating is illegal
This is either bait or you're an idiot.

>Last gen lasted 10 years
Explain PS4 Pro and Xbox One X?

When did i go to Sup Forums?
Eh anyway

>Look at the difference in graphics. That's Ultra vs Console.
>There's damn near no difference yet you're paying a $1500 premium over a console. I can't be the only one who thinks this at least a little bit retarded.
Usually the people get a $1500 computer (enthusiasts) also get muiltiple 4k monitors or 3 1440p@144hz.
And they either require for the game to run at 60fps at all time or 144fps accordingly.
Also you have not listed the specs so for all i know this could be the equivalent of a potato
>1. No split screen yet you're paying for the same game.
Some games do have that some games dont. It's not like the old days when we called friends over to play(remembering racing games now and feeling kinda nostalgic). Most games console and pc aside do not have that. But you can make a pc work as 2 seperate machines.
>2. Smaller player base in most games yet you're paying for the same game.
Does sony or microsoft give you an exact number on the amount of players playing at the same time? Idk. I think only steam shows that.
>3. Can't play in your living room. Don't bring up that controller nonsense, you'll get smoked by your peers using mouse and keyboard.
The hdmi connector behind a pc is the same used on consoles( i am starting to think this is a bait thread). Also mainly play single player games and platformers so a controller is pretty much nessesary.
>4. Different fucking stores/programs for every game. Origin, battle.net, steam, Uplay etc.
Because choice is bad
Inb4 its alienating
Good we dont need more normies
>5. Console is priority #1 for developers
Only if sony pays for a game to be an exclusive(with the exception of them owning a studio) the console is a priority.
>6. So much different hardware to account for so you aren't guaranteed the game will work out of the box. And think about it, you're paying more for that wtf!?
What is vulkan ,what it DX,Opengl?

Thanks for avoiding my point.

Show me a console that can handle Arma 3.
Show me a console that can handle X-plane.
Show me a console that can handle DCS.
Show me a console that can handle Prepar3D.
Show me a console that can use a TrackIR.
Show me a console that can use a TRC 1000.

You are a child in more ways than one.

We got more FPS, higher resolution and details, your bait is weak, you can easiy find on Google how BF1 looks like shit on consoles when compared with PC. Now go fuck yourself.

Get you're eyes checked up faggot.

>Yeah but you get split screen, larger player base and developer love
PC has the largest amount of games, and a huge player base (For plenty of games.) I have played games with friends on one screen plenty of times.

>For quality non fragmented service
Steam is fragmented? Its not.

>Buy a cheap laptop. Still cheaper than PC. And consoles got browser now
Bullshit.
>$400 for console and game + 60 for online + $200 for shit laptop
>Extremely limited web browser
>My friend built an excellent PC for under $400

>Nah fallout had mods
Not on PS4 iirc, and it's probably the only game that allows it.

>No need. Last gen lasted 10 years
So did most gaming computers.

>Illegal. You can't include that. Otherwise I could just say you can rob a store for free games.
The companies don't lost money because of pirating, who fucking cares. A lot of devs don't deserve it.

>Again illegal.
Emulating is not illegal you retard.

>You can.
Can you use PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, OG Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One controllers on the different consoles?

>tiny compressed screenshot of a compressed youtube video
>w-why can't I see any difference REEEEEEE
0/10 bait

It's EA shit, what did you expect? You can max this game on a 1050ti and still play over 60fps without that console "dynamic graphics" bullshit.

PCs do cost more, but the price is entirely justified, being them general purpose machines. You can simply do much more with a PC than a game console, this is a fact.
Literally every console gamer already owns a somewhat decent PC, so price is not an argument.

Ok I'm getting tired of typing.

>Developer love
Developer support basically.

And yes emulating at least the way most people do it is illegal. If you don't own the actual console you're emulating yes that's illegal.

And if you own the console at that point you might as well play on it.

Those are current gen

Dude you PC guys love fucking lying. What $1500 PC can play anything on 3x4k monitors @ 60fps

I avoided because no one knows wtf you're talking about. Who plays Arma in 2017? Then there's the rest of the games you listed... Please X-Plane what an X-Plane is. But seriously I have no idea what any of those games are.

PC graphics are absolutely worth it.

this

console peasant OP btfo

They might still be "current gen", but unlike an Xbox 360/PS3 Slim, they actually received a spec bump.

Isn't the fact that the main selling points for the current generation of consoles were the EXACT SAME they used for the previous generation a clear reason why the PC is overall the better choice?

Seriously, think about it.

When the PS3/360 were about to be released, everyone was like "hurr durr muh 1080p 60fps"... and what did we get?

Throughout the whole generation, not a SINGLE AAA title that ran NATIVELY at 1080p, let alone 60fps. NOT A SINGLE ONE.

Now that we have PS4 and X1, what are they marketing?

HURR DURR MUH 1080P 60FPS

FUCK.

Not to mention that the X1 now has literally no exclusives, the only somwhat decent console existing is the PS4. But a single console can't resist for long.

Just because they own 3 4k monitors doesn't mean they are using them for games alone.
>what is reading comprehension

if you cross your eyes it makes a really good 3d picture, using the ps4/pc images

>Team fortress 2 on console
Yeah go on, paesants

>Dude you PC guys love fucking lying. What $1500 PC can play anything on 3x4k monitors @ 60fps

Jesus fucking Christ, if you are this autistic to game on 3 4k monitors, of course no. But neither can consoles, so no point made.

You must be at least 18 years of age to use this website.

I just want to put you on blast for that lie you tried to slide in there.

Show me a $400 PC that's comparable to a PS4. Must include wifi, Bluetooth and peripherals you lying pig. Oh and it's gotta last 10 years.

>Games alone
>Alone
Implying they can even play them at all LMAOOoo.

I didn't claim consoles can. You guys keep bringing resolution up.

Thats a terrible game to use for comparison. I litterly dropped the bf1 disc in my toaster, plugged it in, ran an hdmi cable to my microwave and played bf1 on ultra settings.
Get gud and find a better game for your agenda.

>Implying they can even play them at all LMAOOoo.
Are you 12?

>I didn't claim consoles can. You guys keep bringing resolution up.

For good reason. It's a mere fact that PCs have always been able to play games at higher resolutions.
If you claim otherwise, I don't know what to tell you.

>2017
>can't hit 1080p
>can't do 60fps properly
>most games are 30 fps only
>"pro" versions only do upscale to 4K and keep the 30fps lock
youtube.com/watch?v=s0zkZ9X37vc
youtube.com/watch?v=gsSsXKvlZ2U

Here's what keeps happening.

PC gamer: we can play at 1440p 60fps

Console: O rly? That's gotta cost like another $1000 for a barely noticeable difference.

PC gamer: well you can't do it.

Stupid. I know you can do it but it's useless.

I'm done for today. Notice how you a talked shit about my picture yet none of you could find one that demonstrates a $1500 difference.

No context. It's not even the same area. Where the tents and Bon fire?

Jaguar is completely unrelated to Bulldozer, it's still a netbook/laptop architecture though

My friend got a i7 2600, 8GB of RAM, 1TB HDD, GTX 1050 Ti, and a Cooler Master Devastator for $360ish. A bluetooth dongle is literally fucking $5, and is not needed.

you are not very smart are you

I fucking hate FXAA

/thread

>buying proprietary machine just to play games
>having shit experience due to being limited to controller
>having shit graphics
>paying to play online
baka.desu.m8

Literally belongs on Sup Forums

I just had to reply for this. 2nd hand doesn't count. I won a PS4 in raffle. The ticket was $2.

Build me an actual PC. New. For the price of a PlayStation. PS4 has Bluetooth so you have to make it comparable, doesn't matter weather you "need" it.

Also guys always mention upgrading. How you gonna upgrade your DDR3 ram? You need a whole new motherboard for ddr4.

>paying double your internet to play online

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

>that shitty .jpg
>probably from a youtube video
bait thread

>But seriously I have no idea what any of those games are.
Console """""gamers""""", everyone. Not even aware of games that have existed for ages, and not even smart enough to hide it by searching Google. I bet this guy's phoneposting from his couch, muttering about how good BF1 looks on his Xbox and decade old 1080p television.

You could overclock, or get denser sticks.

>reddit spacing

>being a poorfag

That is a completely different story retard, there is no issue with building used. When I get home I am making a new build on PCPartPicker and posting here.

You're so fucking stupid it's hilarious. The reason consoles are less expensive at start point is because sony and microsoft make their money on game licenses you fucking mongoloid. How's paying 60 bucks for a game? In the longrun PCs will always be cheaper. Don't wanna pirate then wait for steam sales and buy shit for pennies. Don't wanna spend a lot? You don't have to. A 750ti plus any i5 already beats the ps4. Now get the fuck back to you child

Phoneposting through clover on my bed. 4k tv with 4k input from my Xbox. Upscaled but it's still beautiful.

I do use Reddit but most people here do. That's a different discussion for another day though.

Go ahead, no used parts though. I'll change my story then. I got a used PS4 for $2.

>that shitposting

>How's paying 60 bucks for a game?
Buy used for $20

You can buy used PC games for $5

It's like $150 dollars a piece for a ps4 and Xbox and you can get a 1050ti for $109 if you know where to look. There is literally no reason to be a fanboy in this day and age and limit yourself. Unless it's apple. No one needs that.

>paying for software
I hope you make at least 80k a year. I hope you guys aren't irresponsible.

>Sup Forums - Technology

>4k tv with 4k input from my Xbox.
>Upscaled
Then it's not 4k, idiot

This has to be bait

This thread is Youtube comment section-tier.

Please stay there.

Also finish your fucking homework and clean your room before mom gets home.

>1277x671
>jpg
So convincing!
Next problem with your shit argument is that it's not all about the graphics. It's about choices. You get to do things your way.

> (You)
>Dude you PC guys love fucking lying. What $1500 PC can play anything on 3x4k monitors @ 60fps

One with 3 gpus?

>I do use Reddit but most people here do.
wrong kiddo

Mooooooom, Sup Forums is leaking again

This. Also stop making your dad wake you up and drive you to school every morning. You're in high school already, jesus christ.

Even with a shitty computer from 6 years ago, PC gaming is still miles ahead of any sort of console gaming. You have an extraordinary library of thousands of older masterpieces. You have modding scenes for pretty much all noteworthy titles. You have loads of fan projects. You are able to modify and improve games using other people's work, or by doing it yourself. Something as simple as replacing an mp3 file can result in improved audio or custom soundtracks for any game you want. You have emulation, and it's corresponding modding scene.

Not even a topic worthy of discussion.

People prefer PC because Steam, mods, custom content, emulators, etc

>no split screen
I have around 20 of them
>smaller player base
Where are your numbers to back it up? We play different games.
>can't play in the living room
I do it all the time with the Steam Link
>too many stores
I exclusively use Steam. You just pick one and be happy with it.
>console is priority
Once again, we play different games. Lots of PC devs don't even do console.
>too much hardware
That's why we have hardware standards and graphical APIs.
>costs $1500 more
We pay for what we want/need. If we want more, we go get more.

Oh yeah, all of my arguments remain standing despite using the weaker gaming environment found on Linux. Congrats on losing against a handicap of that size.

what r u trying to say with this pic u dingus

pc on right, superior console on left

r u dum

There aren't even any good games on PC. 99% of it is Steam shovelware, and the other 1% is a sloppy port of a console game. I tried the whole "pcmasterrace hurrr durrrr maymay XD" thing but I spent over a year just trying to justify the time and money I wasted building my "rig" (god that makes me cringe just hearing it now). There were no good games, I never had any fun, and most of my time was spent trying to argue with console players as to why PC is better, because I never had any fun games to play.