Mobile Ryzen

Raven Ridge confirmed for launching November 2.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Raven-Ridge-Performance-Leaks-APU-GeForce-MX150-Performance
ark.intel.com/products/122589/Intel-Core-i7-8550U-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_00-GHz
anandtech.com/show/11854/globalfoundries-adds-12lp-process-tech-amd-first-customer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HP Convertible with single channel ram already confirmed
Dead on Arrival

>convertible
Opinion discarded.

Same laptop with KBL-R is also single-channel. It's not specific to AMD version.

Fucking Finally
Raven Ridge Nov 2

Oy, the shoah!

Where are the Intel shills?

still asleep dont wake them

I'd really like to be hyped over a low power low cost APU for muh gaymes but I guess I'll be 40 by the time something like the gpd win but with more power comes out

HP being retarded as usual, but Intel suffers less from the single channel because lol shit GPU

>GDP Win

Raven Ridge's GPU is like 7 times faster than that Atom abortion.

Intel's iGPU uses AMD GPU tech or rather licences as

Intel literally on suicide watch.

Raven Ridge base clocks are higher than Intel 8th gen, 2.0Ghz for 2500U, 2.2 for 2700U
pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Raven-Ridge-Performance-Leaks-APU-GeForce-MX150-Performance

GloFo 14nm is at best for this kind of low power shit.

It uses nVidia IP though.

That's a given, however because we know Intel really feels like violating TDP it never runs at those clocks, but probably closer to 2.4 in all core turbo.

>it never runs at those clocks
That very much depends on OEM and their chassis.

>implying Intel didn't tell them they're not allowed to go down below a certain frequency in a product that has competition.

Soon enough Intel will start throttling during battery tests while boosting during benchmarks.
Of course measuring frequency during battery tests or power consumption during benchmarks won't be sanctioned by Intel's review guidelines

Waiting another year isn't the end of the world, user

Yes, but for what? Igpu is essentially the same as skylake era

my two year old 6700hq runs at 2.6 base so cool for batterylets but meh otherwise

Intel's 4c/8t Kaby lake refresh for mobile is kind of surprising though, their 10nm must be real trash if it still can't put even in mobile.

>their 10nm must be real trash
It's worse than real trash.
Chang (well okay he retired), Patton and whoever manages Samsung fabs are laughing their asses at Intel.

No they use nvidia gpu tech as of now at least

Crying themselves to sleep since coffee lake was paper launched and kaby lake was shot in the back of the head

>2017
>being an amd fanboi

it's like the people who rice out Hyundais, very comical since the price is now the same as quality products

no one cares you fucking weaboo hondafag

Hi Brian!
How's Scalable Xeon sales?
t. Dr. Lisa Su

>paper launched and kaby lake was shot in the back of the head
Brian needs to keep shareholders happy or else.

I wonder how will he keep the shareholders happy with EPYC blitzing through the market.
Mass fellation?

Shit posting aside, does single channel Ram hurt performance?

He will try to throw a bone about how they are now selling LTE modems to Apple.

REEEEEEEEEEEE

>we're selling the lowest margins products possible while losing the market with the beefiest margins possible
BRAVO BRIAN!

The Intel Nvidia licensing deal is completely misunderstood. That's for very primitive IPs so they have leverage in case of lawsuits from other gpu patent holders and basically says Intel and nvidia won't sue each other over gpu implementations. They don't actually license any particular uarch. It's like how amd and intel have an agreement to license each other's x86 patents

nice if this doesn't suck I'll get a laptop from dell with it sometime next year

reported for anti-semitism and called the cops

enjoy your privilege police, white nazi scum

The customizable envy x360s for Intel have dual slot options. The prebuilt, ready to ship ones dont. We should see dual channel laptops from HP

CPU? Not that much.
iGPU? Cripples beyond repair since GPUs are inherently bandwith hungry devies no matter how many BW saving tricks one might pull out.

Surface pro Zen edition when?

Next product cycle.

>those fucking physics scores

It's really fucking astounding how much differences there in the same product tier(15W ULV laptops) just from some firmware optimizations.
On the other hand it could be that the Spectre's CPU doens't have to share TDP with a iGPU so it can boost further, while the ryzen and zenbook have a thermal limit

Or the spectre has a 25w tdp

cTDP onthe 8550U? From what I read it only raised clocks slightly(some 15%), not 25% like in the image.

I have a hard time believing that desu

ark.intel.com/products/122589/Intel-Core-i7-8550U-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_00-GHz

TDP 15 W
Configurable TDP-up Frequency 2.00 GHz
Configurable TDP-up 25 W
Configurable TDP-down Frequency 800 MHz
Configurable TDP-down 10 W

Smh

That's base frequency. A higher tdp will give it more headroom to sustain higher turbo for longer times. The physics score obviously isn't all 4 cores at 4Ghz so there is room to go up from the zenbook's score

Single channel because HP is retarded

They better offer laptops with something besides 1366x768 and 1920x1080

Isn't Ryzen practically last-gen at this point? Why bother.

>tfw no AyMD windows 10 tablet

The very first RR laptop from HP comes with FHD screen.
What do you mean by "last-gen"?

4.5W shitboxes are Bandred Kestrel and are coming later(?).

>single channel ram
What year is it?

>The very first RR laptop from HP comes with FHD screen.
I want 1440x900, 1920x1200, something with really high dpi, and a 3:2 option

obviously
>the (((current))) year

Is it time to buy a notebook?

Sorta.

Dynamically it can draw up to 40 W in load, that's the so called PL2 power.

give me a laptop with this for 400 bucks

>Raven Ridge quad core
>14" IPS display (couldn't care less about resolution)
>8GB DDR4 RAM
>128+ GB SSD
>SD card slot

That's at least an $800 laptop, like a Dell Inspiron 7000 or w/e

What the fuck? That's nearly 3x the TDP

TDP is just a nonsense figure with mobile chips.

When will we see the Zen apus for desktop?

Q1 2018, along with Pinnacle Ridge.

Pinnacle ridge is ryzen refresh right?

Ye. RR will also be ported to 12LP somewhere Q2-Q3 2018 once the masks will start wearing out.

12LP?

12 Leading Performance. Half-node based on 14LPP. Zen+ (Pinnacle Ridge), Vega11 and Vega12 will be using it.

>Half-node
it's still in 14nm, but improved by using more densely packed elements.

anandtech.com/show/11854/globalfoundries-adds-12lp-process-tech-amd-first-customer

I really hope those chinks at 51nb make raven ridge mobos for the t420/30

FUCK YESSS
A MONTH EARLY

CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY!!!!
MUHHH DIIGGGG FUGGG

I NEED MUH ITX RR I NEED MUH LAPTOP RR

HURRY UP AMD
REEEEEEEEEE

fucking this.

kabylake got suicided clinton style via ryzen

they had to rush out covfefe lake a year early in response but are tripping over themselves

now they are already talking about cannonlake which is 2 years ahead of schedule

expect thermal issues from rushed production and lack of testing

didnt even need to mention threadripper or epyc lel
INTEL BTFO

despite that
it will still perform pretty damn well
did you see the benchmarks? mx150 range

just wait until next year when its set up right

[spoiler]with hbm a man can dream[/spoiler]