Daily reminder that the average computer user accepts that this is completely normal behaviour for a software that they...

daily reminder that the average computer user accepts that this is completely normal behaviour for a software that they have paid actual money for

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/752h36/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

also, microsoft hate thread

>not posting the dual control panels

Also, I'm in the EU and I've never seen any of the blatant advertising like the OP image. Is there a law against it here that the Americans don't have?

Not even reddit accepted it as normal behaviour.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/752h36/
With that said, just disable spotlight and you won't be getting these.

i'm not sure. i am living in the EU right now when i got the ad. i bought the laptop (with windows 10) in canada before i left.

It's funny how windows users are willing to put up with all sorts of registry hacks and group policies and changing settings in two control panels but the second you ask them to run a command to fix something in GNU/Linux they freak out.

>what it takes to add a dropdown
So there's a .cpp file that defines the behaviour and a .xaml file that defines the look of the UI.
If you want to add a new dropdown of course you're going to just copy the piece of xaml that defines it elsewhere and simply change the entries.
Same for the callback, it's mostly the same for every dropdown just with different ids.
String resources are required for localization. The only issue is the sequential id requirement.

There is absolutely nothing wrong or unusual about this process.
If you've ever worked with Android you'll know that it works exactly the same except that it generates resource ids for you.
The green guy is just retarded.

>facebook app for desktop
fuck the what

It's funny how GNU/Linux users are willing to install the entire OS from the command line and waste hours trying to get basic peripherals to work but the moment you tell them that a checkbox needs to be unchecked on Windows they freak out.

Ebin shitpost, just install Ubuntu or mint and they just work out of the box, truth be told Linux mint is actually less of an hassle to use than any windows after 7

i dont even understand the world anymore

i dont expect everyone to be a power user but the absolute ineptitude of the average user with a computer is terrifying

Linux hasn't been a pain in the ass as a desktop OS for a while now. It's just retards who tried it 10 years ago (and failed because they're stupid) that talk shit.

>average people are average
what a surprise

>it's average to sit slack jawed at your computer waiting for an advertisement to give away all your personal data to the botnet

stop the ride i want to get off

Last time I used Linux on a desktop, which was about a week ago, Dolphin couldn't figure out that it had write access in a folder on a samba share.
It wouldn't let me paste a file. I had to go up one level, create a new blank file there because it somehow knew that it had write access there and drag and drop that file into the problem folder.
That somehow worked and it also made it realize that it does in fact have write access. After that pasting worked as expected until the next time I connected.

It was a hassle.

Second quote was meant to be

>Blaming the entire OS for a bug with a specific piece of software.

The default file manager in the only Windows distribution does not have this problem.

As everyone does with Windows and Mac.
Are your feelings hurt that people are criticising software? If so, Sup Forums isn't for you.

>windows
>paid money for
heh