Why does anyone still use this ancient piece of garbage. Explain yourself user

Why does anyone still use this ancient piece of garbage. Explain yourself user.

Do you talk like that about your ancestors too? Show some respect you utter fucking cretin.

>no systemd
looks good in my book

What makes this garbage superior to any other distro?

If Slackware is garbage, then all other Linuces are garbage too.

Because it's the best. Archfags will never understand.

I use Slacko Puppy from time to time on old hardware. I prefer Slitaz but, hey, it works.

Nobody actually uses slackware or has in the past 1t years, it's quite literally just hipsters collectively duping more hipsters into pretending to say they use it because they only got into linux to be snowflakes, saw it take off with popular distros, and promptly flipped shit and pretended to use it just because it's old and they think it means something. Ask any supposed slackware shit what he uses it for and it's "oh um, stuff!"

Stability and no systemd are both a nice plus

"stability" is kind of a meme reason when you can't install any software

Remember to try sbotools instead of slackpkg, also OP is a fag.

Software only a few years old but has the latest security updates is ancient and therefore bad?

>get source
>make && make install
Or
>get source tarball
>get slackbuild script
>installpkg /tmp/
There, now you have software.
wasn't too hard, was it?

I used every major distros, gentoo, arch and some BSD too and i learned most from using slackware.
There is a greek version that supposed to make everything easier with preconfigured slapt-get.

Dependencies can be a bitch sometimes, but it makes you honestly realize how much for granted package managers can be and how bloated a lot of packages are.

Slackpkg remove and clean system are still extremely good for managing dependencies and unwanted packages, but, yeah, sbotools basically makes Slackware.
Slapt-get is a piece of shit.

I honestly just feel bad for you, user.
Quit projecting, Archfag.

Can someone make that thin looking anime chic a fat Arch using Neet? That'd be more accurate.

But she's clearly using a Macintosh.
I like to consider Slackware to be a sort of counterpoint to Debian in that, whereas Debian is kind of de facto the purist manifestation of FSF values in enterprise and what people generally consider the gold standard for GNU/Linux, Slackware is a time capsule that represents everything that GNU/Linux accrued post-GNU, when GNU/Linux came into the hands of the community and was popularly known as just Linux.

Slackel is a steaming, buggy pile of shit made by incompetent amateurs, and slapt-get is named after the package manager that's most responsible for the reason why so many Slackware users renounce bloated package managers and buggy dependency management.

It is completely stable and amazing.

slackware is the OG of all OG's

hacking, cracking, OPsec, it just werks

slackware was the end of distrohopping for me. Been using it for like a year and a half now

nobody is buying what you're selling which is a steaming pile of hipster shit.

nobody cares that you use slackware.

Please try BSD instead, it's super shitty and has no software at all so you can jack off pretending to do "computer science". Linux is a mainstream OS "for normies" now and succeeded. No amount of taking a dump in the pool and then telling everyone how cool the water is is going to fix your non-problem

Projecting

Most of my true Unix-loving, Illumos-toting friends use Slackware becase 1. GNU/Linux is just a better desktop and 2. It's easily the most comparable to traditional unix of all the GNU/Linux distros, so your elitism is totally unwarranted, not to mention laughably ignorant.

I guess I'll stick around for a while.

I'll repeat: Nobody gives a flying FUCK that you use slackware.

>Linux is a mainstream OS "for normies"
Said no Slackware user ever. The only pretentious person here is yourself. If you don't appreciate Slackware, that's perfectly fine, but if you can't see the practical benefits of using Slackware, you're just stupid and insecure.

How did you even get past the captcha?

Okay? You know, you don't have to be in this thread if you don't want to. I don't even use Slackware; I use Gentoo, but I enjoy talking about Slackware because I love the distro and its users.

Nobody gives a fuck that you use slackware.

Okay. What distro do you use?

Patrick is a qt :3

YOU care greatly someone uses slackware, do you have tragic memories of being bullied by a slackware user? This reeks of a false flag, who are you false flagging?

I want to cum on that anime girl's face.

Does he use Slackware?