This confuses and enrages the European

This confuses and enrages the European.

Quality thread

AT is gay

hmph

DELET THIS

Go back to buttons, you're insulting the stick.

>price tag says $10
>you pay $10
this confuses and enrages the American

Never seen this, it's funny.

No we have bumper cars here too

>not using a sequential gearbox
lmfao

>Americans take pride in lacking something
Come on man. I've driven manual once, and I can say I don't know how to do it, but I dont take PRIDE in my ignorance.

This confuses and enrages the American:
Käellä ku veivoo vaehteita, ni suapi talavella ja muute kehenolla siällä tae tiellä siävellä ihellee kelepoova vaahin ja välyksen. Tulloo lepposampi kyyti, ku ei aato tie omia piätöksijjää.

This confuses the finn too, middle-country scum.
huittista böndelle

S-sorry...

You are forgiven but you should learn to appreciate the rural regions.

Not only is your car AT but it's also dirty as fuck.

brother i am disappoint.

What does second and first do?

Same thing first and second do in a stick shift, silly swede.

Search Chrysler PowerFlite.

There are five or more gears in a manual car though

It locks the autotragic into first or second gear. Cmon man do you even into cars?

it forces it to stay in those gears, for driving in really bad snow

Does it really help? PowerFlite only has two gears anyway.

You mean Power Glide?

it's more so for drag race applications, two (2) speeds, fast and really fucking fast.

Google first suggested PowerFlite but I now looked into it more and that picture is apparently from a 1964 Imperial, which uses the newer 3-speed TorqueFlite.

I have my doubts about its use in drag racing but I guess anything is possible.

>put it in D
>drive

Wow. So complicated.

On the other hand it does enrage me that the car is so filthy. Also confuses me how you can let that happen.

Look up funny cars and weep tears of pure gold my friend

At least they have an appropriate name. They also seem to lack some of the finesse that European and Japanese racing cars have.

Well yeah, they don't turn.

Formula 1 and rally a best tbqh

This trigger and confuse carfags

Mah nigga. What do you ride?

Honda GL 500 from 82

2007 Yammy R6 for myself.

Kinda miss how simple carbs are

F1 used to be great but now there are too many restrictions on the technical development. I guess there have always been too many restrictions. I'm really interested in Formula E and how it will evolve.

americans are literally retarded.

i used it when i lived in michigan sometimes, i think it does. but if you live there you have to be able to drive in snow/on ice anyway.

Pierre has his shit sorted out.

Yeah you're definitely right on that. I recently started watching the Irish motorcycle road races those really get my dick hard.

I would really like to witness a senior TT race on the isle of man before i die.

autuomatic gearbox in F1 was introduced by renault and immediately banned because the CVT could provide max power at any speed.

Hmm. I've driven automatic in the winter and just used the D setting. Manual is still better for those situations in my opinion. Feels a lot safer, when you are in control of the gearbox.

That would be awesome. Start to save some money.

Exactly the kind of BS I hate. F1 could be a great place to test new technologies but now it's not possible.

lots of other gimmix are banned too.
F1 races are supossed to be about driving skills and engineering and not all cars being the same.

>This confuses and enrages the European.
forgive them Lord, for they are confused and cannot into engineering
a perfect engine would need no transmission

>vintage cars with push-button transmissions
My grandparents had one of these (USA) cars.... I dunno which one but my mom, aunts and uncles talked about driving it. It came and went long before I was born tho, so I never seen it. :|

>F1 races are supossed to be about driving skills and engineering and not all cars being the same.
F1 began as a manufacturer way to test new tech to use in consumer cars.... problem now is, a maximum-power engine that is "limited" to the 3-4 liters a typical car has now, makes 15X as much power
too fast, nowhere safe to let them run wide open.
:|

Drag racing has also hit a wall, technically speaking.... Drag strip owners all have 1/4-mile tracks and don't have enough room to run cars much over 300 mph, so they started enacting rules to limit speeds on 1/4-mile tracks.
It would be nice to see a "super-drag" race that is 3-5 miles long. The old tech wouldn't work, so we'd get to see some new stuff

good lad.
I wonder how you guys do it with the weather.
I drive everyday, I'm not an occasional "Sunday biker" and sometime weather is a bitch.

To be honest, I think that the imperial system somehow interferes with your ability to design cars. For example my father's Jeep looks like the designer didn't like complicated fractions and relied on the power of two on everything. You could think of it like there isn't a bolt and a slightly bigger bolt for different application. Instead the bigger bolt is twice as big, even though it has no reason to be so big.

Shitboxes best boxes.

>Manual is still better for those situations in my opinion. Feels a lot safer, when you are in control of the gearbox
i wouldnt know i only drove manual a few times, imo 90% of driving in very bad winter conditions is knowing how to brake and not accelerating unless you need to

Yep but for example on highways it can be dangerous, if there's a hill and the car suddenly decides to switch to a lower gear. The wheels can then lose traction.
There are a lot of similar situations, when you want to know exactly, what the car is doing.

Up for bigger gear, down for smaller

How does one get confused by this?

it actually does, my uncle has an auto mercedes and he let me drive it once, first of all why is the hand break in such a retarded place, and why do you even need anything other than Drive and Reverse?

>europeans still take pride in driving manual when it's inferior in every way

Try to drive an automatic fast on gravel

Of course automatic is best for driving from point A to point B like a pleb but for general fucking around, manual is far better

if you can drive sure go for it, but 90% of people are shit drivers

It forces you to focus on driving. I think there would be more accidents with texting and driving if everyone drove automatic.

Americans drive so much we don't give a shit about enjoyment or focusing on driving anymore. It's just a chore to take you from one place to another.

Jokes on you we learn BOTH.

>implying it isn't like that for everyone everywhere

>multiple reasons posted ITT why manual is preferable
nothing wrong with automatic as such just don't get your panties in a bunch if someone calls you out for being a little girl

>drive motorcycle
>can do manual AND automatic
at least I look cool stalling at a stoplight

They are also proud of their snipped willies.

Only driven manual once. Didnt have that stuff. Autimatic is not that common here

People who know nothing about bikes.

DUDE it's hygienic n stuff stop criticizing the chosen people

German antisemitism on the rise, call the media!