/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Google Pixel 2 XL hands-on review
gsmarena.com/google_pixel_2_xl-review-1670.php

Huawei Mate 10, 10 Pro, Porsche Design hands-on
gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_10_pro_porsche-review-1669.php

Moto X4 is the newest Prime Exclusive phone at Amazon, yours for $329.99
gsmarena.com/moto_x4_is_the_newest_prime_exclusive_phone_at_amazon_yours_for_32999-news-27798.php

Google confirms Android 8.1 Oreo arriving in coming weeks
gsmarena.com/google_confirms_android_81_oreo_arriving_in_coming_weeks-news-27786.php

The Pixel 2 XL would be the best phone in the world if its screen wasn’t so weird
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/10/18/16489756/google-pixel-2xl-awful-lg-oled-screen

HTC U11 Plus Specs Revealed Through GFXBench
gfxbench.com/device.jsp?benchmark=gfx40&os=Android&api=gl&D=HTC 2Q4D1&testgroup=info

Google Pixel 2 review: Massive Dissapointment.
theverge.com/2017/10/17/16486108/google-pixel-2-xl-review-android-phone-camera

old

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/S62897909
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

AHAHAHAAHA

note: I'm laughing at myself because I trusted LG and preordered the Pixel 2 XL

Sell my OP3 now?
Or wait til it kills

I'd get the Mi6, the Mi5 is pretty old now.

My brother wants to buy a Xiaomi Redmi 4 or 4X (which is better yo use in Turkey?).
Can you first recommend me between those 2 and also and online shop with physical shop in the UE but that also ships to UK where my brother lives.

i been out of the loop for a while, i want to replace my S5, here are my options so far:
asus zenfone 3 or 4
lg g4 or g5
oneplus 3
sony xperia xa1
samsung s7 / s7 edge
xiaomi mi 6
all i want is a good camera and battery duration, any other sugestions are welcomed.
yes, im doing my own research too, but i want to know what do you guys think so i dont get memed

They are both crap m8, get him a Moto G5/G5+.

Canadafag here, my Nexus 5 just completely bricked (won't turn on, won't charge, not recognized by PC when plugged in, can't boot). What's a good Android $300 - $400 phone? I'm looking at the G5 Plus, or maybe the G5S Plus in the US, come Black Friday. I have a US shipping address, so shopping there is a possibility for me. I'm with Telus, for what it's worth.

Moto X4, read the OP.

I want a phone that runs vanilla android and has good specs but doesn't cost me 800€. What do?
Closest I found was the OnePlus 5 but it doesn't run vanilla android and is a bit too big for my taste.

Specs look good, but it's not out yet. Any other takers?

Should still be perfectly usable until OP6 comes out sometime in 2018

>good camera and battery
Mi6 or S7 Edge. I'd personally take the Mi6.

Why is it that the Google Pixel 2 is sold at different prices around the world?
Checking the Google Stores in the following markets made me realize how Germans (and Euro-countries in general) are being ripped off.
The Google Pixel 2 64GB starts at €799 (incl. tax) (that’s almost $950), that’s ridiculous compared to the UK’s £629 (roughly $830) and especially to the $650 advertised in the US.

Femanon here

Try the Xiaomi A1. It runs Android One (pure android), has decent mid-range specs and is reasonably priced too

Nokia 8? Smaller than the OP5 and closer the vanilla android.

It'll be out by Black Friday

taxes are included in price in most European countries?

Femanon here

You need to add 10% to the US price to account for sales taxes. That makes it $715
UK price in dollars is $825
German price in dollars is $940

The reason for the higher price in Germany is that you ruined the whole of Europe by opening the floodgates for millions of refugees to come in, directly leading to resentment, Brexit and the rise of far right parties across the continent. This is your punishment

The prices are still higher without VAT than the US prices. $950 minus Germany's 19% VAT is ~$800, so even discounting the tax it's still $150 more than in the US

I'm guessing it's because there's more regulation in the EU, and a mandatory 2yr warranty. Higher wages too.

yes, unless the offer is directed at a business
thank you
also, I voted for the AfD twice this year so I'm with you

purchasing power probably does play a part, the difference compared to the UK remains unaccounted for however, unless they aren't including the VAT

Femanon here (male)

Looking for a phone for Sprint in the US

looking for chinese phone around 100-150

doesnt really need a good camera or anything, battery life is nice, and needs to be able to run a lot of youtube and discord

x4 or g5s plus?
i can trade in my old nexus 5x, might get like 60 for it through fi since the screen has some weird damage but isnt cracked

I bought a Xiaomi but it takes 72 hours to unlock? Am I stuck with this?

Aren't Xiaomi phones shit in build quality and longevity, as some people in the last thread said?

Good to know Pixel 2 is better than XL. Taje that you faggot bezelless meme cucks.

Which phone attracts the most qt traps?

whatever phone ur holding bb

I don't think so, it's just that people with bad experiences are more likely talk about it

Might be worth it to read this thread, seems most people have had a good experience with Xiaomi:
warosu.org/g/thread/S62897909

same build quality as most stuff produced in Chink phones, which is everything

X4, newer, faste, better camera, and 2 Android version updates guaranteed.

Yes you gotta wait.

>X4, newer, faste, better camera, and 2 Android version updates guaranteed.
alright thank you for the help user

Literally not any better than a G5+

Think I might pull the trigger on this galaxy s8 pretty soon. Any reasons I shouldn't boys?

(It's $200 with a contract, I don't really want to do a contract but my LG G4 is on life support right now and I need a replacement). So spend $200 on a low end phone or $200 on a great phone with a company I'm probably going to be with for 2 years anyways.

bixby and bloat but that's part for the course with samsung
honestly thinking of cancling my pixel 2 xl and getting a s8

Should i buy new Moto Z for 270 usd?

No

Why

yeah I was basically holding off to see if pixel would magically come with a headphone jack and now they don't so fuck them, I'm probably going with the s8 as well.

It's old and shit

Can someone with knowledge of Gsam tell me what's going on with the *alarm* and the 128 instances next to it? Trying to figure out why Android System is taking so much battery and it looks like this might be contributing.

I'm on a Moto x pure now and i like stock android plus moto actions

You're right. Thanks.

Gets something newer by Motorola then, maybe wait for the X4 to come out

It's coming time to replace my Nexus 5, running into storage limitations. Is there anything on the market that's as good a deal as the N5 was at the time?
Currently looking at Xiaomi stuff and OnePlus, not sure yet, depending on whether they restock the 5 or release something else.

Do you still like the new Nokias, /spg/?

What's your budget?

last year i got an Iphone 6s plus after using android for 3-4 years, and i absolutely fucking hate it. what is the best android phone on AT&T at the moment?

Would prefer no more than 500, but I can go a little higher.
Also, what's out there now with stock Android?

Why is lineage os one day amazing, then the next day bad?

Same type of day / use of my op3
2,30 SOT

500? OP5 or T

Was leaning to OP, but the 5 needs to come back in stock.
By T I assume you mean the 3T?

I don't think OP5 will come back in stock, but OP5T will probably be around the same price, perhaps $50-100 more IF they raise the price. Other phones with stock android are the Pixel phones (the 2016 versions might be within your budget), Nokia 8, Motorola phones.

I guess I'll wait for 5T, thanks.

The Solution Shop is based in the UK and does UK and EU shipping.

Anyone got a link to old bread from the day where the s8 launched? Want to see what people's opinions where.

I've had mine for a few months and the phone still holds up really well , I'm not much of a picture person but this phone makes me want to take them more often

>took this just now

5t incoming

Selling my S7 Edge for $300, what kind of phone should I get for $300. I just need one with long battery life, snappy performance, nice camera, and a fingerprint reader. I'd preferably have an AMOLED screen too but IPS is fine

How is the Sony XZ1 Compact? What's the battery life like? Is it worth the $600 price tag or should I wait for it to drop $100? I've got a z3 compact, but the front glass is starting to come off in the top corner, so I'm getting worried.

Galaxy S7 Edge

Are you pumped for the Asus Zenfone 4 pro, Sup Forums?

>qualcomm 835
>6GB RAM
>1080p OLED
>HEADPHONE JACK
>sensible bezels
>3600mAh battery

It looks like what the HTC U11 and pixel should have been.

Someone fucking help me.

All I want is a screen that is bigger than 6" that doesn't suck fat donkey dicks and doesn't cost me GOOD GOYIM flagship bucks.

I had eyes on the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 but FUCK I'd have to wait a goddamn MONTH to import this to canada.

The lenovo phab 2 is available, but it's worse in every way to the Xiaomi AND it's more expensive.

The asus zenfone 3 ultra is a good size, but it's, get this, ALSO not available in canada.

Every normie phone is fucking 5.5" inches, or a $$$$ Galaxy note.

There must be another alternative I'm not seeing.

iPhone X™

Can you libk me his Twitter? I wanna read the replies

Try eBay.ca for a Xiaomi Mi Mix with the 6.4" screen...

does the non android one version of the moto x4 have the guaranteed updates?

Just get the Mi Max 2 and pay for express shipping. Alternatively, Sony XA1 Ultra.

Redmi note 4 global

Isn't that 5.5"?

ta

I feel like xiaomi is paying drones to post here to market their chink-spyware containing phones.

I blame those fucks for stealing all our bezels.

why are all phones so shit now?

Yeah, but G5S Plus is 5.5in too.

No one sell big screens in NA

Because they have to put flaws on every model so you will buy the next one when they "fix" them

Yeah, because only overcompensating chinks want shit that big.

It's just another form of conspicuous consumption for them, they've conflated screen size with wealth, and as it's very visible they all want one.
No one has any need for a phone larger than 5.5in

So every time you want to update an android phone you have to wipe your phone clean every single time?

Yep, even for monthly security updates

> I don't need it so nobody needs it
Most of my phone use is browsing the web or watching video. I'd rather have a large form factor.

Why does everyone shit on the V30?

um
no

Do you wear JNCOs

LG displays are shit

What's so shit about them though? How would it compare to the S6?

HTC U11+ leak

Super thicc with the 4000mah battery

I have a Pixel 2 XL coming and if the screen does indeed fail my shit test I'll be getting the U11+

Don't know what those are.

Not sure why you're so upset about having a phonelet

underageb&

They aren't well made, so the OLED don't respond properly, resulting in banding.

Check out the pixel 2 xl article in the OP, it's display is also made by LG and has the same problem

Samsung
>Bixby bloat
Pixel 2
>muh bezels
Pixel 2 XL / VG 30
>LG screen lottery
iPhone 8
>muh bezles
iPhone X
>bald spot / 999 starting

the absolute state of smartphones

Will it finally have an OLED screen?

Don't know, but I like both OLED and IPS.

OLED looks amazing but I have to babysit it with gestures and everything so it doesn't burn in too much. IPS as long as they use a good one like the one found on the iPhone I'll be happy.

How realistic a problem is burn in?

I've never had an OLED display.

It should happen within 2~3 months of regular use. Burn in is actually the rest of the screen aging faster than the static less used elements.

That's why you should always be weary of buying used amoled devices. A gray screen will show any signs of burn in.

are we getting a redmi 5 soon?

Went for the Mi Max2 with express shipping.

Thanks.

Aw fuck, in that case I should probably just get a u11 or u11+ instead of the zenfone 4 pro.

I can't be bothered to deal with that shit.

Is OLED on anything other than Samsung phones a meme?

>lelelele is dis a meme