Does the average American think that Asia = China/Japan/Korea, and that India is in the Middle East?

Does the average American think that Asia = China/Japan/Korea, and that India is in the Middle East?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_mWtWz_aGyk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Balbir_Singh_Sodhi
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you mean Usanians, yes indeed.

Asia Rank.

No.1 China
No.2 Japan
No.3 Korea

I am Korean but the rest is waste (include Taiwan)

People don't really think India is Middle East, but the "Asia = China/Japan" thing is pretty true

I think all of Asia is Asia and that the Middle East stops around Pakistan

But Pakistan isn't in the Middle East
There are literally no -stan countries in the Middle East and North Africa
They're all in Central and South Asia

OH and also do they think that all Africans are black? Like if you asked them what do North Africans look like, would they say they're black?

Ok. I don't normally think about such things

Are they not?

they look like arabs

Not sure if baiting
Yeah I know but does the average American think they're black?

I really try to avoid talking to average Americans, I wouldn't know.

India isn't considered part of the Middle East by most Americans, but it isn't considered Asian either. Kinda it's own thing in our collective conscience. We also lump all of SEA with other Asians as well and can't really tell any of them apart (beside some Filipinos which are confused for Mexicans).

>it's another americans are ignorant episode

There is at least as much ignorance about America/everywhere but your own country across the world.

>Americans are not ignorant of the rest of the world
>precedes to make exactly the kind of statement somebody that has never left the US would make

I wouldn't because I know my shit

I always hear about Indians being teased in the US because lots of people think they come from "terrorist cointries".
Do they assume that people who wear turbans are Muslim?

>what is reading comprehension

Also
>precedes

Wanna try again bud?

Yes, a lot of Sikhs got shit from people after 9/11.

Yeah, but I do think that the average Western European is much more educated in these types of things than the average American
People here always think that westerners/white people are all Christian
So when they hear westerners saying bad things about Islam, they always go "why do you insult Islam we respect and love Jesus"

Oh, horrible

So many ways to not address my point. No, other countries do not have the same problem we do. Geography and historical education in the US is abysmal and Americans generally make absolutely no effort to leave the country even though you can actually get cheaper tickets to some places in Europe than in the US.

Lol I thought you said got shot. Lmao nevermind

Japan isn't Asia. Japan is it's own country, not Asia. Asia is only China, Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan, Thailand etc.

0/10 bait

Based on what though? I always hear it but I've never seen evidence. America is judged by its dumbest people like they don't exist everywhere. Young and impoverished people are more likely to be less knowledgeable about foreign affairs and vice versa.

What can the average person around the world tell you about Namibia? What can you tell me Wyoming or Nebraska?

You implied I said Americans weren't ignorant and what I was actually saying was that there are ignorant people everywhere.

I'd argue Japan is much worse in that regard btw.

>What can you tell me Wyoming or Nebraska?
Why the fuck would anybody need to? I don't see Germans demanding people know about Schleswig-Holstein or the Saarland.

Because most American states are bigger than most European countries and they all have their differences. Especially regionally.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_mWtWz_aGyk
They can't answer such basic things about their own country

>he literally went and took half an hour to find something to respond with

again
>America is judged by its dumbest people

There aren't any euros ITT, who are you trying to bait?

>Asia = China/Japan/Korea
+ Tailand.
>India is in the Middle East
India is India.

I wasn't "looking for something to respond with", I went off Sup Forums

Go to America all Asians are Chinese/Japanese and when they turned tanned they are all Filipinos.

>that India is in the Middle East?
im pretty sure most people just see india as india

you realize those are popular segments of talk shows here and they film for hours to get those small clips, right? you would think the fact that they display those answers for humor would clue u in on the fact that those people are exceptionally stupid.

tbf i didn't realize this until a year or so ago

A Sikh guy was actually shot after 9/11

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Balbir_Singh_Sodhi

>On August 4, 2002, less than a year after Sodhi's death, his younger brother Sukhpal was shot to death while driving his taxicab in San Francisco, apparently killed by a stray bullet from a nearby gang fight. In response to this second tragedy, Balbir's son Sukhwinder said, "What are you going to do with anger? We like peace and we are a peaceful people."[9]

i didn't ask for these feels

Have Middle eastern countries ever heard of the term South-East Asia?

I like to split asia into Oriental and brown

Yeah sure
I mean there are a lot of filipinos in the gulf and a few here
Though I think most wouldn't know where exactly the Philippines is located but would know the region, I think.