/mkg/ - Don't trust render edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

prev.

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/top-printed-side-printed-dsa-pbt-keycap-caps-for-usb-wried-mechanical-keyboard-104-keys/32813738267.html)
aliexpress.com/item/Plum84-white-LED-backlit-mechanical-keyboard-gaterom-mx-brown-blue-red-compact-gaming-keyboard-PBT-keycap/32767632458.html
aliexpress.com/item/Noppoo-choc-mini84-POM-black-color-in-stock-black-blue-brown-red-cherry-mx-switch-shaft/788345858.html
buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/u16572637
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's what you get for buying SA TBQHIMHO

Recommend me a keyboard that feels like my unicomp but won't piss off my roomate

A unicomp with strands of fluffy dental floss inserted inside the springs to dampen the noise.

Hey /mkg/ what's your opinion on the Logitech G413? I can cop it for 95 euros but idk yet

just no

Got my Tada68 with gateron reds earlier for around 75 usd. Probably one of my better purchases. Is there a way to make them more quiet, though?

Uniquey's QMX clips if you're using standard Cherry profile caps

Is it better than magicforce?

Matias qc is probably the closest

They're Gaterons though. Would they still work?

My Magicforce got Gateron Blues on them for home use. I'll be using the the Tada for exclusive office use. The programmable keys help a lot because we're forced to use MacBooks.

Yep, I have some on a keyboard using EnjoyPBT caps and Gateron black switches, gave it to my mum and she can't tell a difference noise-wise from the membrane board she's used for years.

>Budget-low, I like to keep me shekels
>Location (continent at least) kansas, usa
>Preferred switch type I believe cherry, needs to be fairly quiet
>Layout full 100 percent
>Form factor standard ansi
>Backlight yes please
>Previous/current keyboards current keyboard corsair k70

Sorry meant cherry reds

What wired keyboard has all the media keys possible? It doesn't need to be mechanical, just cheap.

I have a redragon membrane that I gave 20 us for, I think it has most media keys

Thanks, but I forgot to say that I don't want any of that edgy gaming aesthetic and lighting. I was looking for "business" like keyboards, like old OEM keyboards. Can't find those anymore, not wired at least.

How do I get a Model M SSK Ansi layout in Europe at a reasonable price? Impossible?

why? and what's a better option for the same price or lower? thanks in advance, user

hhkb for sale eteka eteka

>Buying keycaps in vintage pre-yellowed look

Stop slamming keys into the plate. After that most of the noise from my tada68 is from key return instead of going down.

>move to america
>buy one on craigslist for 80 bucks
>stay here cause you realize how much of a shit hole Europe is

I'll give you one blowjob for it.

>Budget
200+
>Location (continent at least)
US
>Preferred switch type
Silent, Tactile + Soft/Medium (Brown/Clear)
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
75% (maybe 60%)
>Backlight
Yes
>Previous/current keyboards
Ducky Shine 3

Looking at KBD75, but it seems like it may be difficult to find key caps for it, or for 75% keyboards in general.
Looked at vortex 3 but I would like to have the backlight.
Should I just avoid the 75% keyboards for now or does anyone know a good key cap set for KBD75?

Might look at 60% since there seems to be a much larger market for it. The main thing I don't like is that on a lot of models they move the tilde key to the right side so they can move the Esc key down. I also use page up/down and arrow keys a decent amount, which is why I was looking at the 75%.

80 bucks on craigslist, are you serious? is this real? the ebay prices are consistently more than twice that.

also, there are few places in the US I would prefer to Switzerland (or Germany).

Just move to new england

Just curious, what parts do you prefer, and have you been to the US?

I bought an Aukey, I've never seen anyone here use one, but the company is tier 1 chinkshit.

Clicky clicky is fun.

Most keysets should support kbd75, the change are pretty standard, 1.75 shift and two 1.5u bottom row keys. All of the expensive gmk/sp sets should have options for it, enjoypbt sets also have keys for it. Here's a cheap dsa set that also supports it (aliexpress.com/item/top-printed-side-printed-dsa-pbt-keycap-caps-for-usb-wried-mechanical-keyboard-104-keys/32813738267.html) Vortex Race 3 will be much harder to find caps for because of the weird delete and escape keys.

If you don't want to spend so much on keycaps then personally I still think that a 60% is still very easy to get used to, especially if you put the function key on caps lock.

Get the matias 75% with quiet tactile switches

what's the smallest keyboard that still has a dedicated function row and arrow keys?
Don't care about anything else other than have brown/clear (or a similar tactile "quiet" switch) and the price being less than 100 americuckbucks
thank

Drevo Gramr

What the fuck is up with this masturbation about who can have the smallest keyboard? I just don't get it.

It's like cars, the smaller they are the bigger your penis is, while the larger they are the more insecure you are about your tiny cock

Must be a weird world to live in if everything is related to penises. Size doesn't matter when you're a permavirgin.

Everything is related to penises.

Whats a good mech keyboard to pair with my mouse pic related?

Can you Sup Forumsuys please tell me some reason to opt for a nice simple solid board like the Leopold FC750R, over something like WASD TKL where I can design most of the elements?

Leopold has better keycaps that won't need to be replaced like WASD's.

not op, exact same scenario but looking for numkeys as well

60% use a Grave Escape, so you can still tilde with shift. If you need the ` then you have to travel to the other side of the board.

There's some chinese keyloggers in 75% with backlight, but that's kinda in the opposite direction of where your budget is going.

So it's a simple PBT/Double inject out of box VS whatever WASD uses?

What about build qualities and other things to look for?

AFAIK WASD use Costar to make their keyboards like Filco do, so the board itself's build quality should be perfectly fine.

less than 60% is pretty retarded but honestly 60% can be pretty decent depending on the layout and your workflow and whether you can rebind keys/the fn layer, hhkbs are fine for instance if you're not on windows and don't need to do a lot of obnoxious ctrl/shift/f10 hotkeys and make really convenient portable keyboards

I want to go 60% but as a /gd/ I need the arrow keys extensively.

And I like PgUp/Down Home/End

What do

65% like the Tada68

doesnt drevo suck though?

It's below $100 and that's what you wanted

Not sucking is expensive most of the time

Best RGB boards? inb4 memelights

Any suggestions for a big keyboard with really clicky switches, loud beeper and bright LEDs all over?

tada68
masterkeys pbt
leopold pd

aliexpress.com/item/Plum84-white-LED-backlit-mechanical-keyboard-gaterom-mx-brown-blue-red-compact-gaming-keyboard-PBT-keycap/32767632458.html
aliexpress.com/item/Noppoo-choc-mini84-POM-black-color-in-stock-black-blue-brown-red-cherry-mx-switch-shaft/788345858.html

NEW COLORS on my Duck Duck Shine!

I used to have a lot of orange on this keyboard but I decided would be better to have those on the red-backlit HyperX Allow with brown's.

I realize the immensity of this picture will make ya'all jelly to the point where you'll make faggy comments about "mango colors" and that's alright. It won't change the awesomeness of this keyboard.

Here's what it looks like with the back-light on.

Here's what my red-backlit HyperX looks like.

I've also got rainbow-colored keycaps for my Elephone EleEnter Game1 RGB keyboard with blue context switches.

you must have the driest dick on plant earth

Wayy more money than I would feel comfortable spending on ali

then get the drevo gramr on amazon

Did I just get pajeeted buying the Majestouch 1 with browns

Was this a fair priced buy?

buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/u16572637

or was the majestouch 2 hands down the better option

I'm not japanese so I don't know much about the mech market over there. The mj2 has a better PCB, and that's really about it. I know the first one had problems with the usb connector becoming loose, but that's an easy fix

I need a tenkeyless board with a num lock key. I can't find anyone who makes one, can even be rubber dome.

Any leads lads?

I would like to die after viewing this image.

IBM has some

CoolerMaster Quickfire TK [spoiler]:^)[/spoiler]

no offense, but you have poor taste user..

Did they ever make one in ISO?

Not him but what recommended boards are there where the surface isn't raised from backplate?

Don't buy an ISO board.

t. used to be in UK and ISO-proud until I found out you will fuck yourself over in cap hunts

Yes, but why would you buy and ISO model M?

I'm from the UK. I'm used to the layout. What can I say, I like the layout.

my choc mini has one, but its a 75% not a tkl

Again I'm saying, I'm with you.

Until you realise US layout's ladders actually looks better and that @ vs " placement literally will not both you.

Also short-short and long-long SHIFT on ISO layout is idiotic.

There anything similar to the Corsair K70, as in keyboards with full media controls, except with cherry mx clears?

Ducky One

I will not betray my county's layout for the slutty ANSI layout that looks better and will accept easily found keycaps like a common whore

>80 bucks on craigslist, are you serious
Bought a stack of keyboards for $5 each 2 big boxes delivered to me.
Came with model m, chikony, omnikeys, and ect.
Sometimes craigslist can be nice.

Don't make me gag, slutty hardware

Unless you're married to ISO, it's okay to have fun once in a while!

You disappoint me user, you have strayed from the path of righteous and good. Turn your gaze back to the layout of your birth. Find solace in it. Do not be lead astray by these plastic american concubines. REPENT

I'm still typing on an ISO board ;_;

Is it possible to remove those disgusting caps and replace them at least?
Any cheap cap sets with a normal font? I don't care what kind of plastic they're made of

>a normal font
meme helvetica is the only good font and you know it.

Good that's the first step. Soon the ISO revolution will begin and keycaps from far and wide will be available. Users from all over the globe will flock to the one true layout. We will revel in its glory

>its glory
of?

ISO?

>18 hours after order
>Tada68 kit still hasn't shipped
Also, does anyone know any chink companies that make aluminum tada cases?

why didn't you buy the one that comes with the kit?

So I got a hold of one of these things from a friend who doesn't want an expensive paperweight lying around.

Apparently it's a thing that the firmware tends to shit itself and Asus could care less about it.

Is there any way to actually to turn this into a functional keyboard again or am I better off salvaging it for parts?

You might need a new bigger desk before you start planning anything if you ask me.

Cause I'm desperate for a new keeb but didn't wanna pay the extra amount for that alu case cause it was expensive as shit. Basically I'm an impatient faggot and figured I could source a case from somewhere other than kbdfans

there are other places, but they all ship from china so you're basically using a different middle man

I currently have a noppo choc mini with gateron blue, a magicforce 68 with outemu black, and I used to have another choc mini with cherry reds.
I just got my masterkeys PBT S with cherry silvers in and this board blows all my other ones out of the water. The sound is absolutely amazing, I type significantly faster on these switches. It's heavy. The stock key-caps are actually gorgeous but I have more coming it. It also matches the new g603 perfectly.
Strongly rec cherry silvers for typing in particular. Blues are way slower to type on for me.

These are the keyscaps I bought for it but the stock ones are so good I may just not even change them. I thought these new ones would match the g603 even better.
If anyone has the keycaps in pic related are they actually of good quality? It's hard to tell from the low res pictures on aliexpress.

>Users from all over the globe will flock to the one true layout

kek

The US is alone in using the ANSI layout. The rest of the world uses ISO and the metric system. So .. the revolution you speak of already happened and US keycaps are still the most common.

It's not really about ANSI vs ISO, it's more about what's on the keycaps. Nordic keycaps differ from French keycaps and German keycaps and Italian keycaps and so on. The US market is simply much bigger than all the small markets for various ISO-based layouts. Are you going to invest much in order to produce special keycaps just for the 10 people who want custom keycaps in Denmark? Or Germany? Hitler did nothing wrong but he still lost the war so Europe's full of different languages and keyboard layouts. It's not like the states where everyone's brain-damaged by fluoridated drinking-water and dozed down by Prozac and similar meds.

isn't any tkl comes with numlock key?

Hello guys, i just bought a Ducky One TKL RGB with the Double Shot PBT keycaps for my first MK.
What do you guys think about it?
PS: ISO.

>US develops ISO
>rest of the world adopts it
>proceeds to abandon it
And that's why the USA is number 1 baby!

>90 euros for that

BREH just get a Red Dragon. It's chinkshit, but it's as good if not better than that thing and 40 dolans cheaper.