I’m thinking of getting a new laptop. It seems like getting a MacBook of some sort is the best choice all round...

I’m thinking of getting a new laptop. It seems like getting a MacBook of some sort is the best choice all round, but what is the best choice? MacBook Air? MacBook Pro, and if so what year/touchpad or no?

2015 macbook pro

absolutely this, if you have to have a mac

Seconded. USB-C is nice, but not as the only kind of port you have.

>Inb4 street shitters arrive.

>It seems like getting a MacBook of some sort is the best choice all round
Why is that?

get the huawei matebook x you dumb homo

I can afford that and just for the premium feel, everything working, beautiful display and superior OS it seems like the best choice.

Reliability.

>get some dust under your keys
>breaks
700$ to replace

wtf get the Air
it actually has ports

So you're intentionally tacking a premium on for an (inferior) OS when you could just get a topline ASUS which still has the premium form factor?

-MacOS is superior
-Macs are more reliable
-Macs don’t get viruses
-Mass synchronize better with my other Apple products
-Better build quality
-Better support
-Don’t have all the small problems associated with windows

>windows
oh you

Also
>no defragging needed
>no check disk needed
>no DLL fragmentation clogging up
My startup and shutdown times are just as fast as they were when I bought my Air four years ago.

>four years ago.
Why do all of my mac fag friends have this issue?

Macs are built to last.

macbook air = cheap shit, trash screen, slow and heavier than regular macbook
macbook (12 inch) = latest, very portable, goot battery and screen, not really powerful
macbook pro = powerful enough and same as macbook 12 but somewhat heavier and less battery life

wat

>Air
Overpriced trash.

>2016/2017 Pro compared to MacBook
+more powerful for long periods of time
+larger screen
-heavier
-larger
-fan

Touchbar is a meme. What are you buying it for exactly?

>heavier
>larger
>no modern ports
Why are you faggots so obsessed over outdated shit? If you still use old ports, there are muh dongles.

Not sure what you mean. Before I bought my Air I was a pc fag for over 20 years. Will never go back. I shudder to thing about how much of my life I wasted starting at “2/27 security updates” screens.

I'm saying my friends (flatscans, granted) all have ludicrously long load time and their MBPs run like ass, and they've all had theirs since before we started college.

THAT will break into pieces within a year. Don't be retarded. Or at least be super careful and maintain it regularly

You, sir, you are stupid.

USB-C is retrocompatible with every port.

Only passive adapter needed!

Avoid the Air and buy the MB/MBP you need.

Because of quality, reliability, and how long it will last you. Even IBM has realized Macs are better than PCs

lenovo ideapad 320s with ubuntu mate

>reliability
>apple
lel

here's why every apple user is a fucking retard:
>sees apple ads in TV about how user friendly macs are ("computers for the rest of us", aka for idiots)
>friends recommend apple products because they are apple uses themselves
>"minimalistic" design appeals to the retard, he can't predict that the materials used are designed to be so flimsy to break, also ignores how other products are more ergonomic to use since those aren't just slabs of aluminium
>compares $2000 applel product to the only other laptops he's ever used: $300 walmart trash and is amazed how ""premium"" apple is
>begins to use mac OS and since it's a bit more user friendly he believes it's the greatest thing ever
>now stuck in the apple ecosystem, has to buy a new model every 3 years because some of the hardware broke (planned obsolescence)
>likely a dumb poorfag so he has to take a loan just to buy the fucking computers
>even recommends apple to friends and tries to justify his position with unrealistic claims ("muh special functions only apple has", "I have a higher status in society if people see my computer", "it just werks", "muh special application NEEDS mac OS", "You're just oo poor to afford it and are jealous")

>worst of all, he doesn't even notice how much he has been cucked

tl;dr macfags are fucking retarded

Obvs he likes dicks in his mouth

>It seems like getting a MacBook of some sort is the best choice all round

Macs are PCs

Don't forget your dongle bag!

MACTODDLERS DONGLED AGAIN

>premium feel
Asus laptops all come with bloatware installed, even if you're talking about a model that isn't some plastic garbo it still sucks because you're going to use either wangblows or linux on it.

Those are all easily fixable in seconds.

It's impossible to fix the bloated buggy pile of shit that is macos.

Look sir here is why your dumb, look at this wedio of me demonstrate weak macbook against stronger competitor. you should to buy used tinkpad

Just apple shill

>want finger print reader
>don't want touchbar
Apple please give us a finger print unlock or a fucking face ID like the iPhone X.

>bloatware
>not clean installing yourself
This is Sup Forums, you fucking child.

Every single one of those points is a lie. Congratulations

>buggy pile of shit
LMAO
says the windows/linux? user
OH I AM LAFFIN
>clean install win10
>disable cortana, background apps, superfetch and all that shit
>realize you now have to hunt down specific KBs in order to not fuck up your install
>realize you still ended up with a dogshit system in which everything is glued and dependent on explorer.exe and to have basic OSX functionalities you have to download third party programs
AYYYYY can't make this shit up

This.

I actually bought a Macbook Air this spring, because it has a proper Thunderbolt port and I needed it to hook up to my housefire Thunderbolt Display. It's actually pretty nice, I can dock the thing by plugging in one cable and go from laptop to desktop type operating in about 2 seconds.

I feel this monitor is a millstone on my neck though, sooner or later I will ditch it. Probably when I get my Raptor Talos II.

>fixed in less than 24 hours
>updating to the latest version of anything, at all
(see: windows 10, windows 7 in the early days, windows vista from xp ...)

>MacBook Air
This is a technology board, you should not be asking about objects to shove up your anus. A computer is a poor choice of said, try using a cactus instead

Mactoddlers will defend this.

Ehh, I'd say Apple products were pulled out of someone's ass not the other way. If you want the sinful pleasure of owning an Apple product try touching yourself instead

dumbass, IBM is only using macs because of a business deal with Apple.

No it's because the chinkpads came with botnet for a while and IBM doesn't trust what used to be its own brand any more.

Surface book 2 if u have monies
Xiaomi air 13 if you dont

>B...b...but they fixed it!!!!!!!!

LOOK AT THIS YOU FUCKING MACFAGS. LOOK AT THIS UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND HOW SHIT YOUR YOUR PRECIOIS LITTLE APPLE IS

wait for surface book 2

>touchbar
enjoy it crashing and not working

Tbh this. Everything said he is surprisingly and unfortunately accurate.

I've been a PC guy for a really long time. Bought a lenovo ultrabook and it broke within a year of moderate use. Realised I should have bought a macbook to begin with.

I got a 15 inch 2015 macbook pro. Loving it.

I wouldn't get the air, the resolution is shit. Unless you really value your portability. I wouldn't get a touchbar model, it seem like a feature literally nobody needs.

POO IN LOO

Someone make this into an Applefag bingo, please.

I was given a macbook pro for work by the company I work with with the air play kit (that surprisingly works well)
Don't get me wrong, it is good for office work, but I would never in my life pay so much money for a laptop that should cost at least half its current price.

Get the new MacBook, they are thinner and better screens than the air + better battery life

>clean install win10
Are you off your nut?

I've been a macfag for the past 8 years and this is probably the single stupidest thing I've read in that timeframe. Like, god damn, some of you people make up the dumbest fucking shit and repeat it ad nauseam in every fucking Sup Forums apple thread. Get a fucking life.

>Mactoddlers will defend this
Hur hur This was patched in less than 24 hours, moron.

Because windows and linux is completely bug free, amiright?

>I've been a macfag for the past 8 years
Get a fucking life.

the less money and time you spend on computer the better. \they all function the same with minute differences

Bought a 2017 MacBook pro after using an ASUS laptop with ubuntu on it for years. Not to sound like a normie fag but it is actually a nice experience to use. Works great for all development stuff I've had to do for school so far. In the past I definitely didn't understand why anyone would shell out $1.2k for specs you could get on a $500 pc but the build quality is amazing. Also USB-C happens to work with my Google Pixel as well so that's cool

>Has a MacBook
>Uses lagdroid poo in loo edition

Kek

>Macs don't get viruses

Reliable hardware, reliable software, good integration with other Apple hardware and software, amazing customer support, "it just werks" is actually the absolute fucking truth, good resale value, good hardware straight out of the box(Unlike Lelnovo's hardware bingo with their shit displays etc.), doesn't make you look like an autistic permavirgin neckbeard, is aesthetically pleasing, isn't geared toward " muh epic gaming look at muh LEDs!!! XD fags. The list goes on and on. Do your own homework on the subject. Buy a refurb MacBook and iPhone.....if you don't like them return them no questions asked. You have to actually use the products together to see how awesome it truly is, instead of listening to some sweaty neckbeard faggot yell " HURRR GAYY APPLEL LOLOLOL" Good luck, user.

Which MacBook is that? I haven't seen one with the smaller bezels and a not turboshit keyboard. Looks decent.

Don't get one with the turboshit keyboard. Dust breaks it. Look it up.

>the only alternative is thinkpads

I don't think Apple is gay or anything, I just don't think the cost of the hardware compared to the price is worthwhile, that's all.
I also don't care for the feel of their keyboards (used my ex-gf's quite a lot for various stuff when I would visit her), and that's honestly more of a dealbreaker than anything else.

>have android smartphone
>use macOS on my hackintosh with handshaker
>have samsung laptop
>use linux on it
>occasionally boot into windows just in case I want to play something
oh wow, I surely have been fooled by apple

I didn't even mention ChinkPads. buddy. but yeah I can see why some people don't like the keyboards. I've had chinkpads in the past, yet somehow I love the new butterfly keyboard on my 2017 MB. It's so fucking satisfying to type on it because of the sound and even the feel even though there isn't much travel. And yes other manufacturers technically offer more for your money, but they also cut corners on a lot of shit. Just because my mom' shitty Lelnovo IdeaPad has better specs in some areas than my MB doesn't mean it's the superior machine. It's the overall package you're paying for.

2017 Macbook with Touchbar. Though if you're on a fixed budget a MBA is perfectly fine machine

DUSTGATE

> (You)
>DUSTGATE
Fine, get a surface laptop

This is truly The Final Macbook

Get a refurb 2015 rMBP with the smallest drive spec, then buy a Samsung Evo 950 pci-e M2 SSD and an adapter and as long as High Sierra is installed first you can use that as a cheaper way to get big storage space VS shelling out for proprietary macbook drive

/thread

Poo in the fucking loo street shitter.

what the fuck is the point of this

>Buying a laptop with a 4th generation chipset when new laptops are being released now with 8th Gen chipsets that show real performance gains for the first time in years

Please don't do this.