Is Alienware a meme Sup Forums?

Is Alienware a meme Sup Forums?
I'm looking for something really fast that i can play my fighting games on and just for general use. A PC is out of the question since i'm travelling a lot.
What's the best i can get for around 2k?

ASUS ROG

or ACER PREDATOR
Don't fall for asctetic shilling. Go with the kings
and asus IF it breaks can actually be fixed.

every brand mentioned in this thread is overpriced ricer shit

don't buy based on a brand like a retard

Yeah, buy a ThinkPad!

pretty much

you can even grow up and do something useful instead of gaymen

There is no problem with Alienware.

Overly expensive meme.
But if you can afford it, well, why not?

There's everything wrong with alienware me and 2 other people I know have had alienwares and all of us found that it was way too slow after a year or so.
And mine won't even boot anymore.
Also just give up your not going to find a laptop as good and as reliable as a desktop in anyway settle for a Razer blade or something

In Fact I consider my t430 the best purchase of the year

Not OP, but looking at Lenovo's website, Thinkpads seem onverpriced/underpowered. To get something with wuad core CPU, 16GB of RAM, and SSD/HDD combo is WAY more than a machine of the same specs from Acer, Asus, and actually comparable to Alienware.

>ThinkPads seem overpriced
In fact they are, or at least newer models are. Basically they are known as legendary work machines, extremely well built; that was when they were made by IBM and until 2012-2013 by Lenovo. Then those chinks started following the slim apple product meme and all went to shit. Newer products are still good machines but it's not the same thing.

So if you want the compromise between low cost, legendary build quality (and all the pros of older machines) and a fairly recent hardware, you are looking at 2011 2012 t and x series (or w if you want a true working station) **20 and **30 (t440p is the last good one).
There's also the tablet version of x series laptops. But I'm not going to go too much into details.

Everything you need to know is here I've lurked it reading every post for like a month and made a pondered decision. I bought a t430 and I have to face a single problem yet. I'm in love with this machine.
Obviously you're going to buy them used. They are particularly easy to find in the US, with incredibly low prices; in EU you can find a lot of them in Germany and in the UK.
I bought mine with 3rd gen i5 (basically equivalent to current 7th gen because cpus have become only more power efficient after 3rd gen), 4 GB ram and a 320GB hdd for just 160€ shipped. Good price for EU average for USA.
Just go and read a local of /tpg/, I'll stop here.

Alienware 13 is fine if you really need to play gaymes. Don't listen to the autists telling you to buy a 6 year old thinkpad for video games.

Read this

Alienwares overheat and die
Get an M6800 and buy a GTX 1060 for it

im also in the same predicament.

alienware

or

desktop gaymer and lil thinkpad ???

thoughts?

Desktop and Thinkpad would be your best bet
Unless you want a space heater

It's pretty good, look at the sales for kaby lake models

All those Chinese brands are awful build quality. With Alienware you get the business/precision/latitude quality for chassis etc.

>ASUS ROG
this

>ASUS
You had me at hello

Why does everyone love Asus?
I mean they're my go to as well, but it's almost cult-like.

i bought an alienware this summer and it does fine. im very happy with my purchase so far. yes it was expensive.

this over alienware? really? not according to dave2d. generally a reviewer i trust and go by. i just had a lenovo y250 and didnt love it. screen ok but trackpad was terrible.

One time I bought myself a 3.5ghz Asus for 350 dollars at Sam's Club. It was magical until I broke my sisters when I was drunk and gave her mine as a replacement.

I've owned 4? Asus products, 1 ROG, and pushed my friends towards their stuff for years. Maybe another 4 or 5. They're all really satisfied with them.
One of my friends just got a ROG with a 1070, and digs it.
Also no Dell

>Is Alienware a meme
The fact that you were able to type that and Submit it... I'm worried about you, user, and I hope you get the help that you need.

The older Lenovo Y series laptops were great, but the new ones are built like shit. The build quality on everything but Alienware and Razer leave something to be desired, but you're going to have to settle for a GTX1060 that gets too hot, and pray you don't get a lemon, if you go with the Razer.

I've had no issues with my Alienware 17R4 (I7-7820HK & GTX1080) aside from thermal throttling NVMe SSDs but that's hard to escape in a laptop. Stuck a $2 aluminum heatspreader on it and it's good to go now. My only real gripe is the inability to use overclocking profiles for the CPU because it will hit 99C, but with no OC it tops at 85C which is fine. I may repaste with Kryonaut and fujipoly pads, and do the PCH mod, just to help with longevity. I have conductonaut but I don't think I want you risk that. The 120hz 1440p GSync panel, despite being a TN, looks quite good and the keyboard is fantastic. Seriously I tote this big motherfucker to school sometimes when I have papers to write. Nice to have the ability to use an external GPU down the road too, once the 1080 falls behind the curve a bit or if I get back into CAD and shit and can use a Tesla.

Build a PC, buy a used thinkpad. It's tried and tested. It works.

>Is Alienware a meme Sup Forums?

uh, no. thinkpads are a meme, alienware is a punchline. it's an Apple pricetag on the cheapest components they could possibly scrape up crammed into a chassis of Razer aesthetics and HP build quality. just get a fucking Asus or Dell.

I use an x230t for graduate school and it's pretty great. Linux support is there, I can annotate articles easily, and it's a fine laptop in it's own right.

That being said, it's somewhat dishonest to say that the only difference between ivy and now is power efficiency. Really igpus have gotten batted, and incremental updates do add up over time. However, I've yet to do something my x230t can't handle.

Desktop and thinkpad. One system for all needs is an attractive idea, but its really a jack of all trades situation. I owned a gaming laptop, which was a very nice machine, and regretted it very early on. If you go alienware you will regret it in time and wish you built a desktop. Trust me, this is a conclusion you will make.

What did you do? I have an Alienware laptop from 2012 and it still spanks any mac book pro out today, I did upgrade the CPU, gpu and ram.

My only problem with Alienware is they're ugly and it's embarrassing to take them out into public

Alienware will be perfect for you, but you will regret spending so much money it on later.

If you know nothing about PCs or minimal knowledge, go ahead and buy the consumer-intended Alienware.

The truth is that Thinkpads are business-orientated machines, and you may find the experience lacking compared to how you may feel about a 'gaming' laptop.

Just make sure the laptop you choose is under 3 pounds especially if you are travelling.

Yeah, you're right, but then you also need to mention the express port and the possibility of using an external gpu.
Man, if I was autistic enough to buy a second ThinkPad it would definitely be a tablet: those things look too comfy.

Just buy literally any laptop with a GTX 1060 and 16GB RAM.