Do you use tampered glass on your phone if no why not?

do you use tampered glass on your phone if no why not?

No, it's a meme to sell to normies who think "haha lol crystal super diamond glass my phone is indestructible". It may stop some scratches (but what modern display gets them anyway?) but not your phone falling down.

I put tempered glass on my iPad, and accidentally dropped it on my printer from about 3 ft once. The tempered glass broke but the screen was undamaged. That bring said, it is very possible to drop it in a way that breaks the tempered glass and the screen. It's just better than nothing.

Because even though I treat my phones like garbage and tend to drop them from time to time, I have yet to scratch or shatter a screen.

its useless if you drop it on the headphone port with headphones plugged in.

Got a scratch on my Note 5 guerilla glass after dropping it from sitting height, while waiting for my tempered glass to come in the mail.

Hardened glass shatters even more quickly than untreated glass. Hardening is for better protection against scratches, not against falling.

>do you use tampered glass on your phone if no why not?
No because I don't have a retarded glass slab as a phone.

Every phone I've had(except for S7Edge, because you couldn't find any for cheap).

It feels better than the regular protectors, and lasts me the life-span of the phone.

This.
Even a diamond shatters to a simple claw hammer. If you want to take impact without shattering, things have to bend or deform. Look at how they do swords. They make sure the metal isn't super hard so it can hit things more than once.

Is that a folio case with a battery life pack case?

Of course
Front and back, if you get some good ones you won't even notice it's there

I tried, but I can't with the case I have because of the curved screen.

yes but its wired straight to the phone batery as well because bad usb port

Why don't you flash lineage 14.1 on your phone?

No because i'm an autismal fuck that plays Osu on his phone and the stylus works like shit with tampered glass.

No drivers

You can look up any video review for these where they actually test the "hardness" rating, and they are never true. They scratch with razor blades (5 Moh's hardness). As for drop protection, they arent going to do shit if you drop the phone from a height+angle that would crack the naked screen alone. The impact would probably just transfer to the normal display and crack it too.

Like said,
They are memes that chinese companies produce for $0.01 a pop and slap a bunch of buzzwords/disingenuous advertising onto it to sound nice.

They're coated with a plastic safety liner, like car glass. The hardness of the glass beneath is what buffers the glass under it from shattering during impact. I have an S5A that I deliberately and accidentally dropped repeatedly through its lifetime to test it. Youtubers are fucking idiots, and you with them.

I dont hammer my phone too often

By shattering more quickly it disposes of the excess energy by allowing for deformation. On top of that the glass is a much better translator which means touch input meets no impedance with glass unlike other materials.

What?
That's Samsung Galaxy S 3, right?

2.5d screen => no full coverage => no

No because I use my S8 for VR plus these glass stickers look ugly as sin. Just don't be a retard and drop your phone, it's not hard being a halfway functional human being. The only thing I use is a thin rubber back to increase friction and a slide bag when I put it away.

It's not a meme. I bought a pack of two for $5 plus shipping and I have a slab of oleophobic coated glass I can replace if it gets scratched or cracked. Also less chance of my phone's screen cracking if I drop it. Also if I decide to sell or give away the phone, the display will be in pristine condition.

That is exactly the point: the shattering of the cover glass disperses energy that would otherwise crack the device display. It works in a similar way to the crumple zones in a car.

hey guys I work at staples and my boss said if u buy pic related i'll get a raise

Kek nice Galaxy Express.

It's because you gave a retarded phone for retards.

tempering is for getting rid of tensions inside of a material and not hardening.
tensions are a pain in the ass, not so much on tiny phone screens but on big windshields or glass doors

scratch resistance is achieved by coating it like apple does with "Saphire"(aka Aluminium Oxide)

Yes. You can get a good one (or pack of 2 or 3 sometimes) for like £10 and as I am a clumsy fuck I have had them save my phones at least 3 times as I have dropped my phone and destroyed the screen protector but the phone screen was fine. Considering before that I have broken like 3 or 4 phone screens I am cool with spending £10 to protect it.

>buy expensive phone
>put shitty glass and case on it
>?
no thanks. Got my S6 for 2 years and the screen's still perfect.

>all these fucking morons think screen protectors work against drops

My sister kept breaking iPhones so I got her a tempered glass protector. suddenly she only broke the cover and not the phone.
Every few months I replace her shattered screen cover

See

I have a lot of friends who dropped their phones and shattered the screen protectors but the screen itself was mostly fine.
Idk, It costs fucking nothing, doesn't change the look of the device and doesn't get in the way, I'm okay with using one. Cheap silicon cases let me down all the times when i needed though.

Yes because I'm not retarded

The tiny amount of energy dispersed by the shattering of the cover wouldn't have been enough to break the display on the phone anyway.

>toss phone in same pocket as keys
>screen protector gets scratched up over 7 months of daily grinding against keys
>replace it
much better than letting the real screen get scratched up

I don't need one, my case goes farther than the screen so if it so happens to drop, no damage done. Urban armor gear for galaxy s7. Fuck edge, that would break easier.

> every few months I replace her shattered screen cover

...does she fuck you in return?

Have been using it for years, definitely not a meme. They have saved my devices plenty of times, will always use them. They are cheap as fuck as well.

No. Once I bought one for my tablet, and as I was applying it, that shit exploded. I was nearly blinded by a splinter. Funny shit

Yes, my Droid Turbo 2 has a plastic screen but the user-replaceable outer layer isn't available anymore. Glass protectors are the only thing I can get to stop the plastic screen from getting scratched to shit.

holy shit when did screen displays get big as an adult torso

this has gone on for too long

Tempered glass doesn't play nice with the slightly curved screen of my OP5
Kind of a shame, I'm using a plastic one for now instead. Not pretty, but should mostly cover any scratches

The tempered glass isn’t stronger than whatever glass composite the phone is made from, but the compression that happens from a corner or side drop distributes the force through the screen protector instead of the glass of the screen.

I've used it on all my phones and it has saved me more than once. Also keeps the original screen in pristine condition after it spends like a year+ in my pocket with my keys.

never ever buy it from a brick and mortar store however- just got whatever is cheap from Amazon. It's just there to take a hit for your phone and keep the screen nice after being tossed in bags/pockets/etc.

Kek. I have to sell a similar item in europe from whoosh to get a raise per item sold

Isn't meme, my parents dropped their phone and shattered their screen, they bring it to service center cost like $150 for replacement, But the help desk says phone have tempered glass so they only pay like $10 for new tempered.

True won't fit on edge screen, but better safe than sorry. You can hide it with case/shock case it look alike fit well onto phone.

not everyone is a pussy

It does, but with adhesive on the bezels

>Drop ten gram metal weight on phone screen protector
>Screen protector breaks and leaves screen untouched

I guess it was just a once in a life time scenario.
Not to mention I threw my phone in with some track spikes and they fucked up the protector and not the screen.

Ever since I've been using tempered glass my pockets smell like burnt fish guts. Anyone else get this?

Nope

>I need a screen protector because I willingly put my phone into stupid situations
Next thing we know, you'll be needing protectors because you want to try breaking your phone intentionally.

i used to.
but then i realised there is more glare and there is no oleophobic coating. so i quit using it.
just get a good case or flip case.

do you suck dicks?

I'd love to, but I need something that covers my Galaxy S7 (regular, not edge) entirely, since the screen edges are curved slightly down so a normal, flat glass will just be raised from the screen at the sides. I really don't want a stupid meme one that ends mid-screen tho.

>tampered

Do any of you go outside?

Not really, no.

Why glass when you can buy a plastic one?

>Cheaper
>Literally can get 5 for the price of 1 glass one
>You can just try a new one if you fucked up the application of the previous one
>Less thick, better to the touch

I never thought about how wrists disgust me.

christ you people are fuck tards...

just get one of these...a simple wallet case with a closure. BAM DONE BITCHES.

then you not only protect your screen from drops and scratches and shit, but you also have less shit to carry around. life is now simple and efficient. you now have more room in your pockets for other things like firearms, knives, pens and markers, multitools or even a moderately sized dildo.

If you wanna be super sutistic about it they even have wallet cases with such things as bluetooth keyboards and other such shit built into them

TL;DR
buy a wallet case with clasp. phone=protected and you have less shit to carry around.

Wallet cases are retarded. You can't use hone with both hands without awkwardly folding it backwards, you can't use it with your right without the thing randomly flopping around on the left and you cant use it with your left at all. Plus you're putting your wallet with your phone so that's a wonderful single point of failure - lose one, lose both.

Honestly I'd sooner go for a phone sock.

>You can't use one with both hands without awkwardly folding it backwards,
The awkward is introduced by you.
Anyone with a brain can do it easily.

It's awkward because the side of the case either protrudes from the left of the phone or the forward panel folded behind it protrudes from the right. Not to mention that you're holding your cards and money which add thickness and size to the already too big phones of today. All in all just a really clumsy case.

Too thick with cards and stuff added, but the genuine soft leather and rubberized plastic phone clamps of my case brand of choice feel nice to the touch and have protected my phones from a total of 4 drops onto concrete and tile from waist height

>spend 900 dollars on the LATEST AND GR8ST DIAMOND HARDNESS TITANIUM REINFORCED GORILLA GLASS MACH10
>put $2 piece of chink glass on top of it
Heh.. I thought Sup Forums wasn't full of normies, guess I was wrong

No. I use a case for protection because they actually do their job.

this.

I used to. I'm not as mindless with my gadgets like I am with everything else, so I just peeled it off

>Put tempered glass screen protector on my phone
>Still gets scratches
Fuck.

They do but not because of you might think

a Phone with and without screen protector has about the same amount of possibility of shattering, even a big fall at the right angle wont' save your screen with the protector

That being said, the protector prevents your screen from getting scratched, those scratches, sometimes so tiny you can't clearly see them, are a weakness on the screen structure

so the next time you drop your phone, the force will go towards that weak point and crack the screen

but with the screen protector, the glass beneath it is in perfect condition and much more suitable to withstand drops as it has no weakness

yep. stone floors at home and have an oilfield job and the shit has saved me tons

No I protect my phone in style