/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Coffee Lake has been released! Benchmarks / Reviews
techpowerup.com/reviews/

====

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & currency for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, try to include information like response time, refresh rate, resolution, and size

CPUs:
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>i3 8100 - Better budget CPU; extra cost of the currently available Z mobos lessens the value of the CPU
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Check your Mobo's QVL before buying RAM or look for user reports
>Ryzen CPUs benefit a lot from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal

GPUs:
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070 / 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>Consider a 240GB or larger SSD.
>Consider a Wireless Network Adapter, either 2.4 or 5GHz

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
pcpartpicker.com/list/xRygVY
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3rpKf8
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W06DX4775
pcpartpicker.com/list/VB8L8K
youtu.be/Xz-CUGNtfwo
pcpartpicker.com/list/
pcpartpicker.com/list/BfgYvV
pcpartpicker.com/list/cBrGyf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Previous thread isn't dead yet though

Should I get an ssd or spend it the extra money on a 1060 6gb over a 3gb variant

Ah, time to buy my new hot plate to make coffee on.

Any word on 4k freesync 2 monitors yet?

Looking for opinions on these builds.
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
You can click on the build title (after selecting it the first time) to see notes.

It's on page 8. Pretty much dead.

As I said in the last thread, clearly SSD.

Rate pls pcpartpicker.com/list/xRygVY

I'm getting a 1080 or a vega once the mining craze dies down and I can actually pick up a 1440p monitor.

As for x370 ;I heard that VRMs on B350 get really hot when OCing and that it lowers life expectancy so I'm getting a pricier mobo so that I can potentially upgrade to zen2.
Is the Corsair RAM good for Ryzen? And is 600W overkill even for Vega?

>clearly SSD
But an SSD won't improve performance in games, will it? only loading times... and at a sacrifice of storage space

I did it

the quality of that gunk makes me wanna go full 1488 on intel dess

do you know if that wireless card is any good?

Kingston UV400 or Sandisk G26 for a babby's first SSD?

which position?
I plan to add led lights soon.

Jumping to the 6GB 1060 is fairly pointless at 1080p. The SSD is an essential. You can pick up a HDD later for storage space.

Needs SSD

It's a 2.4GHz wireless card with Win10 drivers.. depends on what you mean by "good"

Neither. Put it underneath your desk.

1st is better you dont want it exhausting into your face

>2nd one

I, too, like destroying my night vision with a kaelidoscopic nightmare when playing spoopy vidya.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3rpKf8
Should I pull the trigger? Also does anyone have any monitor recommendations

1st, block out the light from the window

Check if ram is on the QVL.

Either a $50 used 23-25" 1080p IPS or
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W06DX4775

RAM is fine.

I'm so very, very tempted to do this and eventually put a small custom loop in. I actually already have the SSDs, the FTW3 Hybrid, and an EVGA 80+ platinum PSU that will fit nicely.

Probably going to just do a normal ATX build with an 8700k, but goddamn this would be one tiny powerhouse.

With 1070 Ti coming out, will 1070s drop in price within the next few months?

3. On the floor, out of sight

pcpartpicker.com/list/VB8L8K
Is this good?

Hell fucking no

Why not? What's wrong with it?

Switch to a Ryzen 1200 and a B350 mobo

thats fine, the equivalent m.2 ssd from western digital is 1 dollar more if you don't like cables.
might wanna splerg for a rated & modular psu

what is the absolute best guide for putting together the parts?

Any guide online. It's not rocket appliance.

Are talking planning a build or the physical assembly of a home system?

Assembly

RTFM

You are probably not that rich judging from the monitor.
Don't bother with LED.

I used a video Bitwit put out a while ago. Really, it's super easy but time consuming.

So if I bought the ryzen 1700 with the wrath spite cooler I don't neef to apply thermal paste right? The cooler looks like it already has paste on it.

First time building here.

The cooler comes with paste pre-applied. The paste is fine but keep in mind that it isn't the best.

Fuck boys, got my ryzen 1700 for $260, my msi b350 pc mate mobo for $60, 450w bronze full mod PSU for $40 And my case on sale for $45

But Ill be FUCKED if im going to pay fucking $170 for 16g ddr4 300mhz ram when it should cost less than $100.

Also fucking mid range GPUs costing nearly $300? Fuuucking hell

When is this market going to get uncucked? Will suffering until black Friday save me?

Still haven't bought an ssd or moniter either.

Do you think its worth it trying to remove it and buying a better paste? I don't plan on overclocking or anything, I don't even know what that is desu. PC is mostly for editing

It should be fine. You can always change the paste later on. You just clean it off with some alcohol, there's really nothing to it.

Should i clean the processor with alcohol before i install the cooler? Thanks for the help

I don't really bother to but I guess it wouldn't hurt. Just be sure it's dry before installing the cooler.

>tfw no mini itx ryzen build guide

>When is this market going to get uncucked?

When AMD stop making compute monster architectures (i.e never). The cheap (in context) Nvidia cards are shit at mining but Nvidia gonna jew and hike prices up a tier like they have been doing since 2012.

>But an SSD won't improve performance in games, will it?

It can reduce stuttering in open world games by improving asset streaming. I usually put those type of games on mine and leave everything else on my hard drive.

What rig do I need to buy to achieve 144 fps in Maldita Castilla?

When rich faggots like this stop buying all the video cards for mining (never)

youtu.be/Xz-CUGNtfwo

A fucking potato assuming the game will even go that high.

I bought this pc like 6 years old, and i have been upgrading slowly when i find something really cheap (rx480 and the tower so far)
I dont really plan to upgrade if this still works fine.
Also I live in south america so everything is more expensive

Not that bad, but either drop to the G4560/G4600, swap to the R3 1200 + B350, or upgrade to the i3 8100 + Z370

Fuck you man, ive been working my ass off for a year to buy a pc, only to be cucked by unfair prices. Fuck I hate crypto so goddamn much, just retards falling for ponzi schemes

When will AMD release competitive GPU like what they did in Ryzen?

Volta is coming soon

You sound way too poor.
Stop being so poor, dumb-dumb.
Can't get a 1080 Ti for $800?

1000 series are doing so well I wouldn't release Volta so early if I was an Intel rabbi.
Just look at 1070ti.

Check corsairs website for the Ryzen certified one.

Get threadripper, smacks the shit out of most is for the much less and has more features. Don't build this if you're just gaming btw, an 8400 would be better.

>Mocking poor.

Fuck you asshole, not everyone can have a great Career or had parents that loved them. Some of us are doing our best with what we have

I wasnt handed a great career. I worked hard for it, so stop bitching and get to work

I heard coffee-lake is a bad time to upgrade.

So when is the optimal time to upgrade?
I don't want to have to buy a new motherboard every time i buy a new CPU.

Is it Cannon Lake or Ice Lake?

tfw i just bought a 1070 with bitcoin

If you need to upgrade, do it. Otherwise dont. Waiting a year or more for a release is stupid. Ive seen people wait a year for a rebrand (amd 390) i waited for ryzen and it's shit.

What website?

I could wait for either Cannon Lake or Ice Lake, just wondering which one will be better long term with motherboard sockets etc

>work hard for it meme
yes ok I can study and educate myself but it does fuck all if i can't afford college let alone a university degree to make anything of it

Webhallen.com

Swedish website, takes Bitcoin, super easy.

No one knows, you can wait and see or buy something

>working for a pc
>not having sex with strangers and pc lovers
>2017

They have programs for poor fucks like you, and low intrests student loans. I was indebt when i graduated. But you sound like all you want to do is complain and give up so why bother.

Look on the bright side, dear user: you prove that the wage gap is BTFO'd.
Even this femanon can afford a high end rig on which to play roguelikes that barely use any resources on a shitty intern webdev wage with tuition and housing.

Best mATX board for Ryzen?
Am about to order a MSI B350m Mortar Arctic

>Work hard for it
>Literally being able to go to college and not forced to work two jobs.

Yea okay buddy, some people have privileged lives and better opportunities. I've accepted that, but atleast recognize it you fuck wit.

>Even this femanon can afford a high end rig

Camwhoring is not a career.

Nice but maybe you can go even smaller with the case?
Anyway X299 is a stillbirth so maybe don't.

Programming is though!
Do you know how easy React is?

>Oh poor me waa
See there you go again, quiting before you even try. I told you they have government programs for poor people to go to college and you can get loans but like i said all you want to do is complain and give up.

Will they ever make blower cooler GPU's that don't suck? Mu 1080 is so ridiculously loud, I got a bottom intake fan to blow air straight into the fan but that still didn't help as much as I would like.

underclock, undervolt. 'tis the only way

No because the blower design (outside of enormously thick 38mm delta fans) has all kinds of size limitations to fit in a single slot form factor and that inherently limits how much TDP you can cool.

These big gpus are 200w+ monsters and have been for a long time.

Got all my pc parts today
pcpartpicker.com/list/

What is the best and cheapest way to get windows 7?

Oops, this is the list
pcpartpicker.com/list/BfgYvV

ok so i looked at my gpu and it has two display ports on it so that means if i order this ill be able to completely abandon shitty hdmi right?

P400S or 400C

one without glass panels

Im definitely poorer than you and just stuck a 1050ti into a pre-built machine.

What are the practical benefits/drawbacks in using the various sized mobos in the OP?

>i9
get threadripper instead if you have the money to blow, better multithreaded performance and better gaymen and doesnt consume a kilowatt

Please help. I need a motherboard for this build. Everything marked as purchase is of course, already owned. My current build is pic related. My only issue is every single fucking Asus motherboard is E-ATX and my case only supports up to XL-ATX. Is the ASrock Taichi motherboard a valid option? Overall, anything you see a flaw with that wouldn't go well with a new Threadripper build?

pcpartpicker.com/list/cBrGyf

More importantly, threadripper supports ECC which is a huge plus for a workstation class cpu. Nobody should consider an i9 for serious business.

Oh and no, rendering anime tiddies for /gif/ hentai threads is not serious business in this context.

What could you possibly be doing that justifies threadripper over ryzen? Especially when using "only" 32gb of ram.

>Nobody should consider an i9 for serious business.
Nobody should consider an i9 period.

I render a lot of video. As it stands my current 1700X has been locked to 100% for days encoding. Pic related. It's been almost a week now and I had 98 jobs. I also do a lot of video editing as well. Last but not least, I also game.

>100% on a 8 core
time to get threadripper then

>t. Pooripper shill
18 cores (higher than 1950x) with higher IPC and clocks destroys Poozen.

If you render "a lot of video", maybe you should learn how to use proper software.

Reposting because I got the guy to go down to $1000 even.

Am I stupid for doing this? How can I check to make sure the compute isn't a lemon? He isn't including the SSD

That is what I was thinking. I hear handbrake encoding doesn't scale well beyond 16 threads, but honestly, with 16c/32t of threadripper would allow me to have the windows installation on the metal encoding one list of videos while having a secondary install of Windows in a VM encoding another list. Each with 8c/16t. Or 2 VM's. 6c/12t each and leaving 4c/8t for gaming while it does the work.

anyone? i want to leave shit tier connectors in the dust

>Proper software
You mean Sony Vegas? Or Sony movie-maker platinum (i.e. Vegas Lite)? Or what about the adobe suite of programs? Fuck outta here. I have a DLSR I take 4k RAW videos and pictures with. Editing that much takes the piss out of anything.

400C then. I like glass though. I'm more interested in finding out how much difference the noise dampening of the P400S actually makes though

Can I get some help?

I am thinking of just getting a Vega 56 or 64.

I have a 4930k @ 4.5 Ghz (6 core, 12 thread) pushing it. How would I know if the CPU is holding back my GPU? I play at 4k.

Can the fucking 1070 prices go down already?
t. yuro