Hi there. I have a visual disadvantage, and have a really really hard time using the mostly blindingly white windows 10

Hi there. I have a visual disadvantage, and have a really really hard time using the mostly blindingly white windows 10.

I tried the high contrast mode, but a LOT of programs and for some reason, civilization V, do not work properly when it is on. Not to mention the fucking ugly purple bar that comes with the mode that works the best for me.

How the fuck do I change the colors of, for example... pic related?

If I set dark mode, I can see a lot better since the pop up menus and many more things appear as black with white font, but like I said, a lot of stuff appear to have issues with it.

Waaaay back in windows 95, I was able to one by one pretty much change the colors of everything, including the color of any windows' edges and bars, but I cant find how to do that in win10

I tried following some tutorials online, but they're pretty superficial and only show how to change a few things with the aero theme.

Again, I would be very grateful for any help.

Other urls found in this thread:

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/morpheon-dark/mafbdhjdkjnoafhfelkjpchpaepjknad
twitter.com/AnonBabble

install gentoo

Have you tried using edge? It's not surprising your chrome menu won't be high contrast, but may it works on Microsoft edge because it's more integrated to windows.

You aren't going to be able to change the color of the chrome url bar from windows settings. Look for an add on or theme or something.

night mode or other software (f.lux)

It's intended you tint your screen a little yellow/orange, so eye-straining blue light is reduced, especially when you want to sleep soon after using the pc

after getting used to it its barely noticable

try it, maybe the tint is enough so you can notice the difference

also you can download a dark theme for windows 10. but for chrome i dont know, edge has a dark option, but is not that good.

From a forum

Ok it seems my problem is not solved yet. My problem is when I had windows 98 I could change the appearances on the 98, but windows 7 is not working right. When I right on an empty spot on desktop the box comes up its gray and the highlight is light. On windows 98 it can be changed on the appearance settings. On windows 7 I change the color settings for that and still is gray. Also, when hover over the words File, Edit, etc. it turns black. I had no problems with the 98. How can I make it look like windows 98?

The optional color settings do not have much of an effect in Windows 7 because the display is based on the Theme that is selected. If you are using an Aero theme, then those settings will have almost no efffect.

Here is what you can do.

Right click an empty spot on the Desktop and select Personalize.

In the top section of the window, scroll down to the bottom and select the Windows Classic theme. This will give you the display that is closer to what Windows 98 looked like.

You can then go into the Window Color / Advanced Appearance Settings and try different options until get what you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

Can't help but I'll bump.
Siento no poder ayudar :S

turn down monitor brightness holy shit

using high contrast modes and darker content means white shit burns eyes.

make everything brighter and easier to read and turn down monitor...

Thanks for your replies, guys

is not just the chrome menus. Is everything.

If I use high contrast mode, it turns the window bars purple which looks fucking horrible, and many programs dont work with it.

But it does turn the text in pop up menus and most windows into white while turning the background into black, so that helps... its a 1/2 win 1/2 lose situation either way.

If I use high contrast mode, I can use windows better, but some programs dont work or work weird, and if I don't, I can't see shit on windows bars and menus.

Since Im nearly damn blind, its REALLY hard to use windows as it comes by default for me.

That said, what is edge?

Oh! that looks great, pretty please where do i get that from? I looked at the themes in the microsoft sites but didnt see one... though like I said, nearly blind, so it may be there and i missed it. Is it there?

visual disadvantage you dip wad.

Just wear your glasses or get those color blind glasses

looks like garbage

Not our fault you were born retarded

Thanks. Someone mentioned a dark theme for windows 10 so I'll try that first, and if it doesn't works, I'll do as you suggested. Thank you very much everyone for your time and help.

No hay problema, la intenciĆ³n es lo que cuenta.

Oh I forgot the pic in the previous post, so here it goes

No man, Im seriously 95% blind. I need to walk around with a cane and can't see the cars when I cross the street. Can't see stairs (the floor is so far it just looks like a blurry cloud) so I fell down some stairs three times this year alone, and broke my elbow into multiple pieces.

Is not just "the bright light bothers me". Its "I can only use windows right now because I wasnt born this way, so I know where everything is, but i seriously can barely see anything at all."

I don't have any vision issues but I also try to find a dark mode theme for everything. I use the dark mode or high contrast chrome extensions and sometimes stylish if I can't get the first two to work.
No idea about the address bar though, I can't even get the chrome settings/download/bookmark pages to change.

To make it easier to explain, have you noticed how things look in the mirror when you come out of the shower, and everything is super blurry. I see pretty much like that.

This computer can run way way higher resolutions but I increased the size of all the text so it looks pretty low-res.

I already have chrome's high contrast add-on installed. But it doesn't change the address bar for some reason.

Also, captcha is a bitch. I am glad we have an audio option on Sup Forums

ah shit nibba. yeah, doesn't sound good. my first thought would be to use some standard theming tool to fiddle with all the colours of the default windows things. can't do much about the chrome white bar though, maybe some of the theming things for that can change the colour

Just buy some blue light blocking glasses, phaggot.

Is fine. I may not have been very clear on my explanation on the first time.

By the way I wanna mention it wasnt the same set of stairs three times, Im not that dumb. It was three different stairs I had never walked down before, ok?

One in college, one in the hospital (of all places, their entrance stairs have bright orange bands on the edges, but not the stairs inside the building itself, go figure), and the stairs that finally broke my elbow were just two steps in a public park (and apparently an abandoned skateboard was also involved).

Anyway, it looks like if you guys can direct me to a good windows dark theme for windows 10, that should solve most of my issues. I keep checking the microsoft site, but all I see are cute travel themes and gears of wars 2 themes...

Use a dark visual style like suggested. Just Google something like Windows 10 visual style and you will find third party dark themes that you can use.

Pic related, what I use.

thanks, will do

Hmmm, something is not right.

Forgot pic.

Patch your system with UltraUXThemePatcher. You can't just use the themes files without patching your systems first. Read the description on the posts.

Fag

linux doesn't have this problem

You have to do a color calibration you fuq boi

Look for google chrome dark themes. I use this one: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/morpheon-dark/mafbdhjdkjnoafhfelkjpchpaepjknad

HAUEAHEUAHEUAEHAUEH

tell me the name of your theme user

It's Penumbra 10.

thanks