So, what's a big deal with the latest Ubuntu release? It's just another Ubuntu, but this time with GNOME

So, what's a big deal with the latest Ubuntu release? It's just another Ubuntu, but this time with GNOME.

My Manjaro XFCE looks prettier with some themes and plank.

Well it has you talking about it so there's that.

Canonical finally joined the modern era of Linux desktops. I'm glad for them.

Of course I'll never use it because of the Amazon spyware integration out of principle, but still.

it's to dick around with before 18.04 LTS, but i'm not surprised an archfag doesn't understand anything but desktop rice

>(((Amazon webapp)))
No thanks, I'll stick to xfce

Finally Linux botnet edition.
Comes rven with it's own plethora of bugs courtesy of systend

Dont cry child. I'm gonna HSE it despite your crying.

GNU plus Linux desktop is ded now

>this time with GNOME

found the failure

>GNU plus Linux desktop is ded now
>88444
fug

>manjina

>implying it was ever alive to begin with

I wish they used Ubuntu MATE for the flagship OS instead of Gnome.

Mate is gnome

It's literally just a launcher. I just looked at the script, the only other thing it does is look up your location so that it opens amazon for your country (by link, it doesn't give your location to amazon). Also it's just 2 files, the script and .desktop file.
sudo rm /usr/share/applications/ubuntu-amazon-default.desktop && sudo rm /usr/share/ubuntu-web-launchers/amazon-launcher
Done.

Don't kid yourself.

MATE is GNOME2 redone in GTK3, little to do with that GNOME3 trash.

So basically a Gnome3 reskin just like cinnemon.

So LXQt is a Plasma reskin?

Cinnamon is its own DE for a long while now. Only the first version was a modified gnome shell, these days only its bundled programs are forks of gnome (Nemo = Nautilus etc).

LXQt was built by using some KDE technologies, true, but it's not based on plasma at all. (I know you're setting a sarcastic example, it's for people who might not know)

Launchers are low level interface.

Meanwhile in reality the opposite is true.

Jesus fucking Christ is there anything you autistic NEET neckbeard faggots don't consider a botnet? Fuck you all. You are all unemployed parasites leeching your parents who secretly wish you were never born.