Polite reminder that the root of your Ubuntu system is controlled and owned by Canonical...

Polite reminder that the root of your Ubuntu system is controlled and owned by Canonical, a privately owned multinational corporation that is subject to exactly the same profit motifs and SJW infestation as Microsoft, Apple and Google, and that they at any time can install, spy, change and delete things without you ever noticing. You don't have root, they do. You can ask Canonical for "borrowing" some root access for some specific command via the "sudo" keyboard and they will grant you it. This grant is something Canonical can take away at any given time.

When will people learn to just have a normal operating system that you control, provides a stable platform for your programs to run at and nobody else monkeys around with without asking for permission?

I'm glad I'm not on Ubuntu.

Install The Void

>SJW
Into the trash for being another idpol freak

Not particularly invested. SJWs seems to be the biggest problem right now. I don't see many neonazists storming in to software companies and demanding they change the industry to correspond to their world view. When that happens I will complain too. I see a lot of SJW doing that and getting to hiring positions though. But even regardless of all politics, how about the security aspect of turning over the keys for you operative system to a corporation far away from you?

Nice way to bait out Sup Forums good thread

Incorrect. Ubuntu is open source and is not run like Microsoft's windows division.

Well.
I use linux mint so i have even better OOTB just work experience than ubuntu and i'm free from canonical and amazon.

Lol

Nice, your baseless accusation really made me think.

and an insecure os

Polite reminder that the root of your Fedora system is controlled and owned by Redhat, a privately owned multinational corporation that is subject to exactly the same profit motifs and SJW infestation as Microsoft, Apple and Google, and that they at any time can install, spy, change and delete things without you ever noticing. You don't have root, they do. You can ask Redhat for "borrowing" some root access for some specific command via the "sudo" keyboard and they will grant you it. This grant is something Redhat can take away at any given time.

Linux is very secure.

Atleast I don't fucking pay for somebody to spy on me.

Polite reminder that the root of your Gentoo system is controlled and owned by the Gentoo Foundation, a privately owned multinational nonprofit that is subject to exactly the same nonprofit motifs and SJW infestation as Microsoft, Apple and Google, and that they at any time can install, spy, change and delete things without you ever noticing. You don't have root, they do. You can ask the Gentoo Foundation for "borrowing" some root access for some specific command via the "sudo" keyboard and they will grant you it. This grant is something the Gentoo Foundation can take away at any given time.

What he meant was that the Linux Mint website got hacked some time ago implying their security may not be as serious as most distros. Linux Mint is one of my most hated distros to be truthful because it's just rebadged ubungu with a subjectively worse color scheme. Yet all of you mint users brag about reliability and comfyness without attributing it to the base system (Debian). I wish you'd all fuck off Sup Forums

That's all totally untrue.

(You)

Don't use Ubuntu's repos and none of this is true.

>the root of your Ubuntu system is controlled and owned by Canonical

No. it isn't. Now fuck off.

Frenly reminder that linux is communism software which is spreading liek a domino effect across the internet by russian hacker LINUX TOROVALDIS who named this coommunsim software after himself but he really a kgb spwyare.?!

Blatantly false! Ubuntu is build on Debian. You can't control or own Debian. Please kill yourself OP.

>your Ubuntu system
Since when do I have one?

this

You must be a tranny faggot.

Every single other distribution is a fucking meme outside of Deepin, Solus, Ubuntu and Fedora.

Void is very nice I must say, the fastest distro to install.

That's all true, even their isos was compromised that time.
idk why would any1 still use that piece of shit.