What antivirus does Sup Forums use?

Common sense :3

Honestly, Ubuntu and OSX with adblockers

Every single Windows AV is lackluster, except a properly configured Cylance install but good luck getting a home license for that.

ClamAV is okay

This. Has worked well for me thus far

Just works

g'nome slash kali linoox

I just learn to live with the virus.

carbon black

GNU/Linux

Avast.
It's OK.

Common Sense 2017 Professional combined with...
>hardened FF that runs in a sandboxie container with umatrix to block all scripts by default, no plugins installed whatsoever.
>Comodo Firewall configured to block everything in/outbound, only allowing the bare minimum to do what I require.

I legit have not seen a virus in probably 15~ years, and before you ask, how do I know that I don't have a virus if you don't use an AV... for one I'd know what processes should and shouldn't be on my computer, secondly I have in the past ran hitmanpro to scan and still found no traces of a virus, not so much as a tracking cookie.

Bitdefender free

How would you know user-kun? Miner could be working after 5 mins of inactivity

Common Sense 2017

mac OS :-)

Windows defender
Ublock origin

Malwarebytes 2

Malwarebytes.
It does a good job of catching malicious sites that ublock matrix doesn't block.

That's because nobody uses the term virus anymore. Most of the shit you get now stays tries to stay hidden in your system and simply collects info about you. Occasionally you'll get bitcoin miners embedded in pirated software.

>SVCHOST.EXE

Just kidding guize. I'm an retarded attention whore so I don't have any common sense xD

Miner would have to send that data back to a server, and it'd be pretty easy to use Wireshark to see why x program has network spikes/cpu spikes during inactivity.

Cpu usage might be normal if it does background work, but if you know it shouldnt be using your network then you can just block it.

ublock and common sense

Before ask the AV you should ask for the Firewall.

>tfw you know exactly how many svchost are meant to run, and you only allow them to connect to a handful of ports.
feels GOOD.

You diagnose your system.

>t. guys halp my start menu broke :(

>Not anti botnet

GNU slash Linux

McAfee

Hey mom

not in 2017
the bloat has gone crazy
i heard avira was still okay

After a while I didn't even realize I wasn't using a antivirus. Once a month not even I'll scan with malwarebytes (it doesn't run on boot) and boom, I'm set. Common sense really is the best security.

as someone who has personally worked for an antivirus company and reverse-engineered samples and worked on the engine I can tell you a little known secret. We only detect maybe 1 or 2% of the stuff out there. Granted that's better than nothing but it really sucks all things considered. The only thing keeping the antivirus industry alive is the fact that many compliance and standards require the use of an antivirus engine in order to maintain compliance. PCI for example... if you were to rewrite PCI, the antivirus engine would go up and smoke because it's fucking pointless.

My benchmark for antivirus is to see if it will detect and remove Microsoft """Security""" (botnet) Essentials.

OpenBSD

I bought AVAST Premier 2 year license to check if having an antivirus would help me at all. So far, it has only deleted cracks.
My renewal is coming this month and I'm thinking whether I should renew it or try a different antivirus.

free version of malwarebytes

Tron, if you think I'm fucking around, eat shit.