I'm sick of working in IT. it is mind numbingly boring

I'm sick of working in IT. it is mind numbingly boring.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oOUqVuNzkA8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thanks for letting us know. IT is more suited for people passionate about working with technology, solving problems, and people who like to work with abstract concepts like programming and data structures.

> IT is more suited for people
who can't get on with other people. Obsessives. Full-set collectors. Eye-contact avoiders, shoe-gazers. Shirkers. Brow-beaters.

more jobs for me then

>it is mind numbingly boring
I'm sure there's some manual, blue collar labor you could go do then.

That image pisses me off, nothing more than individualistic social liberal pandering

>implying any company would hire that many minorities

Many good things in life are boring: Healthy vegetables, philosophical books, keeping your room neat and tidy.

Consider the fact that you are working, when so many others wish for a job and cannot get one.

>Philosophical books are boring
Only those I don't agree with.

>i dont wanna eat my vegetables mom
>teacher, this cave thing is stupid
>dad, it’s my room and i don’t care how it looks

underage b&

IT *is* the blue collar job of the computer science world.

Well done you can plug a cable in and follow instructions on setting up a windows domain.

and of course that kind of work is shit.

I’m guessing tech support, a junior sys admin, or a web dev for a portal on the company intranet.

>The Falcon
>underageb&

u r a goddamn nigger

Oh noes! Not The Falcon! He is t3h 1337 h4X0r!

you know that tripcode has been public for years now. newfag

who the fuck uses tripcodes on purpose?

oh, right: cretins

your right
whites are a minority now

literally me.

i like talking to people though, but only on Skype IM.

Fuck if I have to answer a phone.

I assume that the top people are actually Satan then as they hire people passionate about IT and then crush their dreams and hopes with redundant meetings, menial tasks and idiocy

Come on, veggies are not that boring. You can cook them in many ways and even eat raw.
What can you do with metaphysics? Nothing. Can't even eat them, it's long dead and full of ptomaine. Makes you dead too.

don't ever use such a fucking neckbeard pretentious way of typing again

"Heh, too easy: you fall to my blade."

Regular nerds have an ever shrinking place in IT.

You either have to be a hackerman tier programmer or a chad dudebro IT manager, regular technician jobs are getting outsourced or muh clouded.

Great job shutting down every possible criticism that could ever be brought up in a civilized country.

go to bed kiddo. you’re getting cranky and toworrow’s a school day.

The only reason “regular nerds” had anything to do with the industry in the first place was because there was a lot of low hanging fruit.

Regular people can turn on a computer and use it with a modicum of profiency. The days of being a dork whose only skills were installing linux, a bit of bad perl, basic networking, and some troubleshooting are long since gone.

That’s a good thing.

holy shit, I hope you're being ironic

you didn't figure that out in the first semester of class lmao brainlet.

It's true boomers who are the worst offenders are retiring or dying out but even fresh law grads often have no real idea how to use Word and Excel functions to make their jobs easier

this week I got to go on site and engaged client. it was pretty cool to actually get to talk to people as opposed to working from home where I talked into one all day long. When Jehovah's Witnesses come over but I talk to then a Great Lengths just to kill the monotony.

???
They're still around 65-70% of the US population, 55% at the most extreme. That's not exactly a minority.

They know better know than they did before. Fifteen years ago, they’d have been afraid to turn the machine on. Now everybody can at least bash out a doc, a slide deck, and a basic spreadsheet.

>tfw half of the people I have to support couldn't identify the start button let alone the "desktop".
>require help even to plug things in
>my boss won't let me train them even though i said i'd do it for free

kill me

You are either retarded or completely ignorant. I'm assuming you have never had an actual IT job. Most people working in IT these days have people skills. Major companies want to hire people who have technical skills and people skills also. Your technical proficiency has to be way ahead of the curve in order to get a decent IT job with the traits you mentioned.

Tech shop worker reporting in, this is in fact horseshit, latest customer today bought a usb to vga adapter from me and almost returned it because he couldn't figure out how to run the included disc, he came in with his laptop and the first thing on the screen was a google search in MS Edge for "how to run CDs in Windows 10"

this was a Med Student

I couldn't imagine being an IT technician, I work on analytics, and every time I need some IT related shit done it's usually things anyone could do, but that need admin rights so only IT can do because of that

He only complained that his job was boring.

*IT is suited for autists

Look at their population worldwide, dipshit. The United States isn't the world.

I love working in develpment, we're writing bots to replace IT.

Then start struggling yourself, and get a better job.

I get people like that all the time. Worst part is they demand a refund. They think the computer is broken when turning on the monitor doesn't turn on the computer, or when all the malware they've gladly installed over the years finally killed off certain components of windows. Many will demand free support because they paid so much for their computer and think we make so much money on selling stuff. Their slow piece of shit was worth 400 dollars, and we sold it at a loss.

You'd like to think that. I've had to deal with too many users to believe that. If anything goes the littlest bit wrong, your average college-educated raised-with-a-computer-in-the-home user can't do anything. No understanding, no troubleshooting skills, no reading comprehension of the provided docs.

You never held an IT position have you? Your self-projection is clear, Best Buy turn you down son? Need a pick me up? You'll get old then die.

Meme'd

>I'm sick of working in IT. it is mind numbingly boring.
Then find a job that isn't. No ones forcing you to stay in a boring role.

>Consider the fact that you are working, when so many others wish for a job and cannot get one.

Fuck wish i could get back to work sooner.

Of course, but you could have just as easily said "whites are a global minority" which is a true statement, because they form a majority of the populations of most European nations, Canada, the US, Australia and New Zealand and that statement would be false if you were talking about that. Be more clear about what you are reference frame you are in, cunt.

Interview this monday for entry database administrator.
On a scale from 1 to 10 how much will I want to die, no sugarcoating.

This meme is the worst. Your ass wouldn't know what to do with the manual labor of a blue collar worker

Do you enjoy shitposting?
Because data entry is not much different.

Do you enjoy burger flipping?
Because that's all you'll ever manage with that reading comprehension.

fuck everything that isn't IT in IT. I mean:
>SCRUM
>JIRA
>tons of shity project/specifications written happy story
>unrealistic expectations
>retrospective
>points
>every changing requirements

I was like this for most of my life.

The only thing in life that has made me more confident, assertive and likeable is work. I happen to work in IT.

To all you sheltered nerds out there who feel intimidated by professional life, do not listen to this person. Arbeit macht frei.

the popularity of movies like Office Space in the 90's really did a work on corporate/yuppie culture. granted, it was never THAT bad, but it was still a repressive, desaturating environment for most people.

I have the privilege of working with young people (40 and under) and the dynamic is completely different. I'm personally glad the professional world is moving towards a middle ground between insipid corporatism and "individualistic social liberalism"

this is why you avoid big companies and tech consulting firms. if there is nothing to do but maintain an aging system for the next 15 years and fix broken printers you are going to want to kill yourself.

IT is most fun in a smaller tight-knit environment where you're required to know and do a bunch of different shit and constantly find and solve new problems. like in a startup or better yet, a company that's in the process of expanding and/or modernizing itself.

There was a guy other day writing about how he has left IT because of these sociopathic turboautist in the field and he then did some chemistry degree or something and is now much happier. I am also unhappy with some of my collegues with whom I cannot I even go to drink a beer or just a chit chat with. Fuck these kind of autists I used to pity them but there is a really good reason why they are all friendless kissless virgins.

>go to drink a beer or just a chit chat with
Go back to your burger flipping and warehouse job Bubba.

sociopathic turboautist here
i wish there were more of this kind, my office and client sites filled up with chads who want to drink constantly, talk all day, and fiddle with JIRA
i'm about to leave IT for the opposite reason of that guy

>sociopathic turboautist
I'll fit right in. Hope I don't find "chit chatters" like you.

I bet you don't even say hello when you arrive to and leave the office. Fuck retards like you.
Nah. I'm just not an vaccinated american with terminal case of autism. Like most of you including your hilariously retarded president.

Yea i wonder why nobody wants to talk to you

Normal people want. At least some of my colleagues and managers are normal people who don't suffer from mental breakdown when they have to use a phone.

You bet wrong. I'm a very polite and comprehensive guy, just hate small talk and wasting the little free time I have to fill your ego.

Well, become artist then. Or a writer. World needs more beautiful pro-white activists like you. Rest of us will fund you.

you're a parasite

Then it's not for you, I always was pretty good with computers but fuck having a job in that, it's way better as a hobby

Don't get me wrong, I love talking. But I find those that just "want to go out to get a beer" or love talking with people all the time at work at the same people that can't stop shoptalk when we're actually out.

Like dude, I get it. You like work. But we're three beers deep, why the fuck are you still talking about JIRA.

Says someone who is dependend on his parents. Get a job neckbeard faggot.

That's the autism. These people together with autists who are 30 and still virgins must be purged not only from the IT field but also from the face of this planet. Worthless parasites.

That's autism though, nobody sane and normal keeps talking about work after being done with it, they actually talk at work to evade working why would they want to talk about it after it's done unless it's gossip about shitting on coworkers/boss.

I have my own flat actually

not that it actually matters, paying rent isn't an accomplishment you insipid twat

>Oh god oh nooo! This cushy easy average paying job is sooo boring
I'd sooner break your legs in two OP just for an interview for a job like that than complain a job is boring.

Try 2 years in slave labor at a warehouse, you'll soon to learn to love jobs that are ''boring''''''

It's probably the field I'm in. With shit pay and long hours, the only reason you're here is because you genuinely love what you're doing. These people literally eat, shit, sleep work.

>t. SpaceX SE

I work at a college so i think i am having a more different experience than you. i enjoy helping students or classes, but i'll admit some people are beyond help when it comes to computers but being in a school environment is fun because it's different every day instead of the same shit for 8 hours straight. and it's more relaxed

>regular people can turn on a computer and use it with a modicum of proficiency
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>SpaceX SE
I'm so sorry

>t. SpaceX SE
Is it true Elon goes around the workplace riding a horse, dressed up as a confederate general and cracking a whip?
youtube.com/watch?v=oOUqVuNzkA8

I'm just here for the resume stuffer. I'm only 6 months in and I already feel the burnout. I love everything SpaceX stands for, but unfortunately that also includes selling your soul for technological progress. Everything is SpaceX, SpaceX, SpaceX. Fuck man, even the paper wrapping for food has SpaceX printed on it.

SpaceX
SpaceX
SpaceX
SpaceX
SpaceX

Some people love this and like pushing the boundaries. But my philosophy is that I work to live, not the opposite. In my co-workers eyes that makes me a piece of shit though. So I don't mention it. Ha-ha, I love Elon too guys :)

With Tesla shit going on right now, he's not in a lot. But I hear stories that he fires people without hesitation for asking stupid questions.

>calls people autistic
>says hello when leaving the office
yeaaaa sure pal

>not vaccinated
wish you got polio

Blue collar jobs are for peons. Being happy about doing mundane manual labor as well as being extremely replaceable is pathetic.

> it is mind numbingly boring.
Change your job. I agree, it sucks when you can't grow anymore and all tasks are mundane, you've seen it all already.

Only boring people get bored.

this shit again? are you the guy from yesterday?

They say boredom is a lack of inner resources.

>chit chat
normalscum

Then start programming.

>minorities
how long have you been on this rock bruh?

>Inner Shriek

>Some people love this and like pushing the boundaries. But my philosophy is that I work to live, not the opposite. In my co-workers eyes that makes me a piece of shit though. So I don't mention it. Ha-ha, I love Elon too guys :)
Corporate wankers are the worst, literally serving away your life to please the leader like some sect in exchange for some intangible prize.
Always reminds me of the retards working under Jobs who wanted to see him btfo Gates when he visited the apple HQ as if their life depended on it.

That is literally any engineering job

its only because of the bump in the salary of an average frustrated dev it keeps being mentioned. It might be depressing thought but it just might be that engineering part of a human nature is not that important for humanity. Autists have to compete with other autists for space in their niche so that they can have any kind of outlet for repressed emotions caused by being ostracized.

Lets be frank, if there was a need for more analitical minds the society as well as economy would recognize it. A dev is just a specialized white-collar worker.