Why are these rustshills getting so rampant...

Why are these rustshills getting so rampant? Every time I see a rustfag I see them going on and on with their brainlet rhetoric about how c family is getting irrelevant and that rust does everything so much better, yet they always fail to provide proof. They have their minds crunched, into a Neuro-blinder; they cannot understand.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lO1z-7cuRYI
crates.io
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because Rust is dying. It makes coding even more complicated.

>It makes coding even more complicated.
t. brainlet

This .

Rust is fast losing steam and they're afraid that their goal to take over systems development and insert social justice into it will fail.

>t. frustrated homosexual

>C-tards feel nervous and insecure
Good, you should.

You know Rust isn't even that complicated.

It's actually just UNNECESSARILY complicated. The entire language is centered around it memory model. It's like they think the only problem that needs to be solved in software engineering is memory allocation. It's fucking disgusting.

The worst thing is when they enter threads trying to shit on C++ when they don't even understand the language.

>insecure
>*-tard
Nice project rustfag. We're just sick of you preaching your religion to us.

> trying to shit on C++ when they don't even understand the language
I bet ~70% of rust-fags are C++-fags who see Rust as the only real alternative to C++.
t. C++ at work, Rust for the personal projects

My friend is exactly like you but he just won't fucking shut up about Rust. I mean I don't have the heart to tell him his language is going to die because the only thing that is backing it is Mozilla and social justice in general, but geez. Why put yourself through that misery?

A bunch of broken libraries, each doing the same thing.
Different nightly builds just to get each branch working.
Intolerably retarded idea of what a standard should look like.

I just think both of you don't understand C++ very well. I've been using C++ for a decade and a half, I've seen it evolve a lot. It will continue to evolve, getting better each time. Meanwhile Rust will languish because they decided to solve one and only one problem (memory allocation).

>I just think both of you don't understand C++ very well.
>I've been using C++ for a decade and a half
Can you be less pretentious? I've been using C++ for 14 years too, the last 5 of them professionally, I keep myself up to date with the new standards and I'm pretty sure I understand C++ well enough, just like all the C++ programmers who like Rust. The problem with C++ is that the backward compatibility holds it back, putting a limit on what way it can evolve, and making the result messier and messier every time. Rust incorporates all the best things from C++ while being free from the C curse.
> solve one and only one problem (memory allocation)
I think it's you who don't understand Rust, how it's different and what it does. You should stop being a smug asshole and listen to your friend.

>The problem with C++ is that the backward compatibility holds it back
Give me an example? This phrase is just a meme, building upon what Strstroup once said "there's a small power language trying to come out of C++".

The problem is Rust implements a lot of shit in a very awkward fashion.

>I think it's you who don't understand Rust, how it's different and what it does
OK wise guy, tell me what else it has other than an affine type system, that C++ cannot have?

i use haskell with a shot of lisp up my ass and perl just the tip

Here's a good overview: youtube.com/watch?v=lO1z-7cuRYI .
> Give me an example?
Raw pointers, fucked up syntax, undefined behavior, mutability by default, exceptions, C-style strings even in the STL, the C standard library as a part of the standard.
> what else it has other than an affine type system, that C++ cannot have?
ADT, pattern matching, actual macro system, sane error handling, constrained generics (i.e. concepts only better), thread safety by default, standard build system/package manager, crates.io , versatile standard library, modules, better documentation, readable source. But I'd say the borrow checker itself is pretty much worth the switch, don't be so dismissive about it, it really makes the difference.

Rust is the future. New developers don't want to deal with 60+ build systems that C++ has. It has centralized git based package management.

Enjoy your git submodules, autist. Bitch and moan all you want but Rust is here to stay forever.

Rust is just what C++ would turn into if a bunch of OCaml hackers showed up and persuaded everybody that backwards compatibility was its fatal tragic flaw and it's time to move on already. Oh wait, that's literally exactly what happened.

Because writing Rust is nice. It's not as barebones as C and it's not as inconsistent and bloated as C++.

> It's like they think the only problem that needs to be solved in software engineering is memory allocation. It's fucking disgusting.
I disagree, Rust's basic features outside of the BC are very useful. Having sensible primitive constructs like enums, arrays and slices, pattern matching, traits and generics, etc. makes it a joy to write efficient code. As far as I'm concerned, these are the features that make using Rust more pleasant than C.

>Because writing Rust is nice
($&*(#$&#$*$#&*$#&*#$*(@#&(@#&*@#(*^@(#@#*(^#@*)@#&((@#*@#*(#@*&(#*&$#)(#@&(&*#&@#*(#@&*#*(&#(#*&#(*#@&static#&*#$(&@#(*#@&#(@*&#(*@#

What did she mean by this?

>EVEN more complicated

This implies you thing programming us complicated in baby languages. Lmao brainlets

Earlier I didn't care but literally 90% of the posts in /dpt/ right now are about Rust. The shills need to give it a rest already.

You can observe that counter-shill are actually more active tho.

even if 90% of the brain is RAM, that still wouldn't be enough for rust

Dude, you can't even make sentences.