Is anyone else watching the GTX 1070 prices fall?

Is anyone else watching the GTX 1070 prices fall?

The 1070 has gone from $470 to $430 in the last 24 hours on Amazon. Looks like the 1070ti is causing the prices to drop.

these things should have been 300$ tops by now
fuck AMD

how did amd fuck up so hard?

>Don't forget to join the Nvidia social network so you can make new friends while downloading drivers!
kek. I used to think that this was true, because of people like you.

So, from grossly overpriced to disgustingly overpriced?

Oh nice, looks like it might be time to expand my mining business with 1070s at this price.

I think the other way around works better.

>pay hundreds of dollars and waste a metric fuckton of electricity to make a few virtual pennies
Lmao, what a fucking loser

>The 1070 has gone from $470 to $430 in the last 24 hours on Amazon

and if this trend continues... Eyyyyyyyyy!

this fucking bitcoin bubble should burst already so the prices are back to sane levels

this desu

my ultra-normie sister asked my parents if they wanted to mine bitcoin as a family, we could all chip in together

i did my best to convince them otherwise

heh.. nothing personal kid

Does your ultra normie sister even know how to calculate the expenses of running a 'mine'? Does she understand that the revenue is volatile? And unless she puts a huge investment she won't mine anything

>mfw crypto implodes from the thousands of shit coin scams flooding the market

If you are not ready to get the fuck out of the worlds greatest pyramid scheme, you are a mad man.

Fuck AMD for?

Stay salty no-coiners. If you aren't getting in on crypto right now you are literally braindead or just enjoy being poor or something. Newsflash: you don't have to mine to get in on it.

MSRP was set to $350 some time ago.
Prices hit $399 on some AIBs.
So, $100 drop back to normalcy..

>only one monitor
>being CPU bottlenecked
simply lmao

Retard dumbfuck
It's only 3% of bottlenecking

>only 3%
>believing this
Ryzen systems get pretty assblasted by intel in gaming benchmarks. Not sure where you'd get 3% from. Touchy subject for you I guess. It's okay, next time you can consult with me before you make a big boy GPU purchase.

Is the 1080 that much better than the 1070 for gaming?

>tfw people laughed when I said I got a 960 for $150 (employee discount) last year
>"muh 1070"
>tfw I'm going to be laughing when I upgrade in 1-3 years to something even better
I'm interested in VR, but I'm not one of those folks who tends to be an early adopter, especially when it might turn out to be a fad.

It's about 15-20% faster depending on the game. It's the same chip, the 1070 is just cut down by about 20% of the CUDA cores but had GDDR5 instead of GDDR5X so at one point in time they made better mining cards than the 1080s did. This is why 1070s made no sense for just gaming at like $480 or whatever when 1080s were about $30-40 more. The 1070 ti doesn't have much of a place to exist if it can't slot in at $450-$500.

Show your specs, user
Go on..we're waiting.

I need a new graphics card, current one is overheating. I'd rather buy a good one for £200-300 more every 5-6 years than a medicore one every 3 for £150-£200

No idea what to do now. This new TI release is gonna throw a spanner in the works.

>cryzen 7
Lol

I'm waiting™ lads

Show us this god tier PC set ups

POOR FAGS

Noice.

Not providing any competition after memeing for so long how they're finally gonna make it with Vega.

Sounds like someone is upset that other people are making money

>mfw my 1070 is the exact same price as it was when I bought it in august last year

Nah, not really still the same price here.

Nobody uses GPUs for Bitcoin. Sorry to break it to you, but that ended years ago. People use GPUs for mining Ethereum, Zcash, and a variety of other cryptocurrencies.

But they do, Radeon Pro is very competitive.

I paid almost 500 for my 1070 like 1.5 months ago.

Oh well, it's just money