This is what happens when you design by committee while being concerned about diversity and political agendas instead...

This is what happens when you design by committee while being concerned about diversity and political agendas instead of testing and developing a solid product up to current year standards

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BVKnt7H4zVc
youtube.com/watch?v=wEpsQIz3tPI
androidcentral.com/google-pixel-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>apply brute force to a thing
>it brokes
WOW TECHNOLOGY

Yes. Escpecially when there are enough devices that don't break or bend under the same amount of stress.

Nobody do that to his phone, do you use it as crowbar? Cmon, you are just retarded

the material used even gets discolored by you own outfit dyes

I can do the same with most of smartphone. I actually did it to an old nexus5 to joke a friend.
I can actually do the same to every laptop screen, some extra fine laptop, to my casio calculator...
I can to this also to people fingers, cats and small dogs legs...

What we are talking about here?

>polycarbonate the literal best phone material

bet it takes a fall better than a glass back.

he barely applies force when it immediately splits
youtube.com/watch?v=BVKnt7H4zVc

> What we are talking about here?
You can't sit on it.

That's a problem of your fabrics. If color transfers on your phone, it also transfer on your skin, and you know? It's probably carcinogenic!

that shit appears on the google's website
you are paying hundreds for a phone with issues that not even chink phones have these days

>his fingers are white because of the pression
>aplying force to a plastic
>it shatters
woah

if your phone transfers color from your clothing. you're not dying or washing your clothing properly.

My '12 Samsung Galaxy S3 with Qi wireless charging doesn't have this problem.

Nope, cause keep wallet or phone in rear pocket is dangerous for health so I avoid it. It's also uncomfortable as fuck.

You are the kind of person that keep keys and phone in the same pocket?

This should really just be called the big ass test where some thicc chicc sits on it, emulating vapid idiocy of putting your phone in your ass pocket, truly a real life scenario.

>truly a real life scenario.
Hey, if I pay money for a thing I dont sit in it

women routinely drop phones in toilets they're hardly the most intelligent tech consumers.

a 12" Samsung? wtf. fucking androiders and their surfboards

low quality bait.

you don't have to sit on your phone to bend it
a lot of people wear skinny jeans
this phone gets bent, or even worse, tinted by the color of your own jeans
this phone has 2001 era issues

Rather have a surfboard than a bald spot

>wifi and bluetooth near testicles
>long time staring at a screen
>reading small as fuck text
>exploding battery in your hands
>avoiding social life
>tracking and spyware apps
B-BUT THE COLOR TRANSFERS TO YOUR SKIN

faggots wear skinny jeans. and if your phone is absorbing dye you need to wash your jeans.

Nope, I can't spend so much for a phone.
But this happens frequently when you combine clear phones, fast fashion or chinese clothes and sweat.
As I said, avoid clothes that transfers dye, it can be really dangerous long term.

My microwave reports to not dry animals on it. I things it's not a problem of my microwave, but that people a retarded.

What if you buy a chair?

cut the crap
the dye transfer occurs because the phone sports a pretty shitty plastic coating

sorry, my bad

Am I supposed to know what this phone is?

The problem of this phone is showing a way dangerous problem in poorly dyed fabrics. Do what you want, but skin cancer is a thing.

Lagdroiders be like

The guy does the same exact mutiliation testing to every single phone to determine the materials used. He finishes every test with the bend, to see if there’s a design flaw or lack of reinforcement around the buttons.

This one has an antenna band right at the worst possible structural location that ruins the IP67 water resistance, if you roughly apply more than 100 pounds of force against the contour of the phone.

Last I checked, most people weight more than 100 pounds. And most people, specifically casual normies, will put the phone in their back pocket.

Literally all women do this, their front pockets are nonexistent and barely fit a pack of gum.

youtube.com/watch?v=wEpsQIz3tPI

So nu-normies and males will enjoy the phone?

No.

They’ll regret not purchasing an iPhone this upgrade cycle instead, because the new iPhone is more feature-laden than this Pixel 2. It’s a damn shame really.

Literally, the only people that would buy this are people looking to get a good camera/renew a Verizon contract.

Ignoring the camera, all of the bells and whistles in this are literally done through software. So literally, any Android phone is better than this.

>uses glare to try to hide the notch
wew lad

lel good job op
google shills is funnier than ifags

Ohh so you are an applefag

think different*
*like the 90% of the world

Actually, this is what happens when you stop contracting out cell phone manufacturers to create your flagship Nexus line.

No matter what Google does, they don’t have the same R&D department as any other manufacturer to plan for this shit.

They should have stuck with Samsung and LG. Then the bad PR would go to Samsung/LG instead of themselves.

now that I am reading the thread, I think it is full of Apple shills, desu
nobody likes the pixel

There is nothing objectively better about the Pixel 2.

I have a soft spot for Google’s Nexus phones, but this thing is literally worse than the new iPhone in every way.

>[damange] resistant

Pure 100% fucking marketing vapor. "Sratch resistant" means nothing. It's like saying "bullet resistant". Note how it's not "scratch proof", it's only "resistant" which is an undefined threshold that can be literally anywhere and anything.

What else do you want?

You list what happens. Yeah.

It's shit because it breaks as it's made out of plastic. So?

It's shit. Deal with it.

t. unpaid google shill

>defending a shit phone with a shit build quality

buyers remorse?

>tfw mi mix has thinner bezels than mi mix 2

>want Google fi
>don't want a Google phone
>phone I want (blackberry keyone) is locked to AT&T for the non-gay color variant
>the phone I want isn't even good but there's literally no other options for physical keyboards
>all phones today are the same and they all suck
1-800-kill-me

>you're bending it wrong

there's glare on the iphone x screen that overlaps the front sensor 'notch'
what a coincidence

FUCKING JEWS COVERING 10% OF THE NOTCH REEEE WATCHA HIDING RABBI

>materials that transfer colour to literally everything transfer colour to this device
>better sperg out on the internet

they don't transfer to normal smartphone materials like glass, metal, ceramics, fiberclass

>been using an iphone6 for years
>no bends, no "colour transfer"

Stop making excuses for new expensive shit being worse than the stuff it's replacing

an aluminum/metal design doesn't get dye from anything
even my chink phone doesn't have that issue

Not him, but he's right

The only things this phone has going for it is stock Android and crazy good camera processing, but considering you can now get either of those things on any other Android phone there's no point to this.

These devices are being marketed as premium so a iPhone is an acceptable benchmark.

That's like 800 grams of force

iPhone had this feature first :)

>implying the side antenna band is not retarded

should just polish the aluminium and not waste resources on plastic paint.
eco friendly.

>couldn't bend the OP3
>couldn't bend the OP5

wewlad that premium $800 phone feel

Nice damage control faggot. Bet you're real happy about spending $800 on a fucking android phone

he apply a fucking stiletto, for god sake

WOW NICE INNOVATION WHAT APPLE MAKES GOOGLE TAKES

>muh SJWs

Damn, is that all you think about? How about realizing that this shitty phone is a result of Google starting to design and manufacture all hardware in-house? They're brand new to the hardware game; previously they've always contracted their hardware out to competent companies. But now that Google is focusing on both the hardware design and manufacture, shit like this is bound to happen.

Anyway, Jerry is right. This phone is made for the iPhone crowd who's looking to jump ship. Nothing more, nothing less.

>muh poor Google engineer!!1

terminate yourselv

?? Where do I sympathize with Google in my post? All I'm arguing is that you're incorrectly placing the blame. Google has no fucking idea what they're doing with HW.

HTC

androidcentral.com/google-pixel-2

Also, google is a multi-billion dollar company, they can just buy talent from other companies, being "new" isn't an excuse

But Google designed that phone. HTC was just the manufacturing lackey at that point in time. In any event, Google owns HTC now.

That's true. But you need one year of two and a couple of shitty prototipes to become competitive.

This. Bending due to creep and bending due to Hooke's Law are completely different phenomena. I wish just one '''tech review''' channel had the knowledge of a first-year engineering student.

To which you have separate teams to have separate projects to come out in diffirent times

>t. never worked in a field like this before

Ask Microsoft how competing teams worked out. it only works when you're creating a product that has never been seen before (i.e. Jobs with the original iPhone design)

they own almost everything, soon it will come down to either google absorbing apple or apple absorbing google, but then apple will literally destroy the google name into non existence

google is shit at software too, like microsoft, just got lucky and made a lot of money early in the game

If you're in East Asia, like I am, then skinny jeans are a must to get laid without paying for it.

What the fuck are you talking about, it even has HTC's fucking side squeeze feature, google provides mainly oversight on these projects, occasionally getting hands on for certain parts

>undefined
What are you talking about user? Scratch resistant means what it says. It resists scratches right up until the moment it is scratched.

Pixel 2 is HTC and 2 XL is LG

So when Chink phones break into pieces under the same test, it's because Xiaomi and Huawei are both plagued with SJW tranny xirs?

see

Mi 6 might be the only Xiaomi phone other than the Mi Mix that passed that test.

No, they are plagued by making 50 dollar smart phones.

So is there a middle-of-the-road $300 phone worth buying? I'm kinda at a loss in the current market. I don't want to drop $1000 on a phone, but everything below that price point looks like dogshit.

if you don't care about burger LTE bands, look at the xiaomis on kimovil

Not even a dragon dildo? (don't lie...)

step 1. press your finger against smth
steo 2. see it turn white with barely any force

And how are they on software support?

their less popular/lower end phones lag behind on OS updates but they're generally pretty good, in addition to MIUI a bunch of phones have official lineageOS support, and xiaomi mi a1 runs stock android and will get updates at least until android p

Shit. That is interesting. Thank you user.

Yeah, and that means they are improving, not getting worse, as you see here because the first pixel was better than this.

How you ever sat on a phone dipshit? These are portable devices, and should be designed to withstand the force or stress that might be applied should you happen to sit when this device is in your pocket.

Also no headphone jack. Google hired a bunch of niggers and fatass SJWs to design their shit and now we have that steaming trash pile.

>How you ever sat on a phone dipshit?
I have never sat on my phone. Unlike shit eating apes such as yourself, I have a fully developed adult human brain that allows me to think ahead more than 2 minutes of each of my actions. I'm not dumb enough to put my phone in my back pocket. This is also further proof that women are as dumb as children. You are literally on the same level of reasoning as most 9 year olds I've met.

the shills are strong with this thread

>everything bad that ever happens happens because of diversity hires

It's true though.

You DO know it's metal with a plastic coating on the outside?
If you want to see how a plastic phone handles under those circumstances, check his nextbit Robin video
Looks to have the same problem the iPhone 6 had of super thin metal on the antenna lines.

well, if you hire for diversity instead of development then it sure is