For people who bought phones that cost more than 400$ here

For people who bought phones that cost more than 400$ here

honest question that needs an honest reply
>how the fuck do you justify your purchase?

Other urls found in this thread:

slickdeals.net/f/10329156-chase-aarp-credit-card-200-cashback-w-500-spend
slickdeals.net/f/10076220-wells-fargo-cash-wise-visa-card-200-bonus-learn-more
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm not a poor nigger

That's like buying a fucking floor tile for +400$
it's literally useless

4 u

Also, people buy a car and drive it for 5000 km and bring it back to the dealership to buy another one because they didn't like the way it shifted gears.

Grow up and get out of your bubble m8. People lead completely different lives in the real world.

You still have not given any practical real world reasons on why you own a 600-1000 dollar phone that doesn't do anything that a 300$ phone can't.

status symbols for poorfags bought with loan money

It's especially confusing when smartphones are just clients for internet services most of the time.

Poorfags that have bought top end smartphones feel the need to constantly talk about their purchase and mock it's competitors

Owner of a BB Keyone here, which I paid €460.
My reasons:
1) physical keyboards (more accurate, 52 shortcuts for launching apps and starting new tasks)
2) keyboard can also be used as a trackpad, which is a huge advantage
3) battery can easily last for more than 2 days

I've got 15k in the bank and wouldnt consider paying more than 300 dollars for a fucking phone.

I know most smartphones are a meme, nothing cool has been done by any phone in fucking years. I have an iPhone so it’s even more locked down than an Android. But...I think it looks sexy as fuck. When we get a real desktop android convergence, I’ll switch back. But until then all fucking phones, yes even if your precious pixel, are pieces of shit. Unless you’re buying for something as shallow as looks, you’re just lying to yourself.

I don't need to justify any of my purchases

Rich people don't waste their money, or at least not for long if they want to stay rich.

I just want to point out that 1k$ for a phone for looks isn’t a unjustifiable if you make enough money.

what cflags do you guys use when you compile your kernels?

Warren Buffett would disagree

It's something you use every single day for multiple hours. If you use something a lot and the experience is below average, you will have a lot of below average experiences. In these cases, you can justify spending more on a thing than you initially would be willing to.

Your sense of worth on something will of course depend on a lot of personal factors. Something that isn't worth much to you might be the opposite for someone else.

Moto Z2 Force here
>Onboard machine learning through SD835 for Nigel AGI, Tensorflow applications
>Extremely powerful CPU/GPU pushes PS2/GC games like a champ, next stop Vita/3DS
>Near-gigabit mobile web speeds
>Just try to break this motherfucker
>Moto Mods (only budget phone that can do this is the Moto Z Play)
>x86 emulation through SD835 for superior QEMU to play around with, admittedly no practical uses found yet because remote desktop, though mobile GIMP is now actually faster than on my Core 2 Duo Thinkpad
>Awesome screen and powerful CPU make VR a near-desktop experience
>Take photos with Google Camera, throw them through Snapseed and they're pretty much pro-quality
>Keyboard mod makes this a valid on-the-go workhorse, though I could do that with an old Galaxy S4 or iPhone and a bluetooth Keyboard case
>Battery life is actually breddy gud for the performance, would have to OC most budget phones to get near this level, which means shit battery life

I don't need to give practical reasons for YOU. YOU need to come up with practical reasons for YOURSELF you faggot. Nobody cares about what you spend your money on. Why do you care what others spend theirs on?

>15k is a lot of money
TOP FUCKING KEK

is that what your mommy told you? Save up and be a good boy.

Iphone fag on damage control i see

sorry m8, don't own an iPhone. Stay naive faggot.

>It's something you use every single day for multiple hours. If you use something a lot and the experience is below average

1.Holy fuck you use a phone everyday for multiple hours? you need to reevaluate your life
2.Outside phonecalls a phone is literally a browser, almost all phones ranging from the 300 dollars to 3000 would have 95% the same experience.

calm down

Keep wasting your money. I don't care. Albiet, the only reason phones cost a grand now is tards like you will buy them.

>It's something you use every single day for multiple hours
If you use your phone for more than maybe an hour a day for a quick internet peek at public and maybe some phonecalls, you've got serious issues.

Just curious, what requires you to use your phone for multiple hours everyday?

clover and yourube. I spends hours on it. Having a nicer phone would not improve the experience though.

>that doesn't do anything a $300 can't
Not entirely true, better hardware for better responsiveness and performance in games or emulation, as well as features from wireless charging to OLED displays are simply unavailable on cheaper phones depending on the model. You can do a lot of the same things on older phones absolutely, but the extra price gives you a better experience, it's the same concept behind buying a more expensive car, better GPU or healthier food. How much quality and how much one is willing to spend for certain features or quality of life improvements is super subjective, and reducing it to "well this bag of rice and beans has the same calorie count as your steak why are you spending more?" Doesn't really accurately convey anything other than not understanding that kind of discussion in the first place.

>In games
Stopped there

Fucking Sup Forumsatekeeper. Admitting that you have a hobby should not see your opinion discounted. This user is actually right; the base experience is the same, sure, but it's spades better on more powerful devices. Sometimes, it's the little things that make an experience better and more convenient, like being able to read a text in bright sunlight, or having a page load instantly as opposed to having a long wait to start browsing, and then having it jump around and freeze up while scrolling, just to name a couple things.

Who are you convincing, me or youself?

>In games

i feel bad for people who stare at their fucking phones this much

>games
pic related

as for the rest, ever heard of price to performance ratio, nigger? paying extra 500$ for a phone because it has a couple of negligible conveniences is sure as hell isn't responsible.
>"well this bag of rice and beans has the same calorie count as your steak why are you spending more?"
the ultimate false equivalence of the century here boys

Playing vidya is fine but mobile games are retarded
Just fucking evaluate it, you probably spent more than 600 dollars, the price of a decent fucking PC, on something else just to play a worthless chink MMO and browse the internet.

Got P2XL (google is my botnet of choice).
I can afford it, but I also keep my phones for 4 years each time. So the math works in my favor.

Its not really false equivalence but sure, I answered the question so if you want to dismiss it because you don't like it feel free
I never said it was a good idea to play phonegames user, I just gave the objective truth, and the focus on improved performance for day to day smoothness and ease of use is more important in the first place

>justify your purchase
I work extra hours or somehow accumulate money outside of what I earn to fund the purchase.

>i spend a 3rd of my student loan money for this semester on an iphone

Future proofing, because flagships get the best custom ROMs. Excluding Samsung obviously.

As long as you're not on Verizon, that is

I use my phone for my alarm, navigation, calendar, music, podcasts, web browsing, communication (IM and calls) and watching videos. So yes, I use my phone multiple hours a day.

>2.Outside phonecalls a phone is literally a browser, almost all phones ranging from the 300 dollars to 3000 would have 95% the same experience.
It can do so much more than just look up stuff on the web. See the things I mentioned above. Even for things like navigation, web browsing and videos, a bigger and better display would benefit the experience.

Each time I go out with tech illiterate friends I have to explain them for at least a couple of minutes why my Redmi Note 4 at 150€ offers a similar if not better user experience than theirs 600+€ iPhones, save for the camera.
And for the price difference I can buy a compact camera that shits over the next iPhones for the foreseeable future.

>I use my phone for my alarm, navigation, calendar, music, podcasts, web browsing, communication (IM and calls) and watching videos
so nothing a chink 250$ smartphone can't effectively do

>a bigger and better display would benefit the experience.
>he unironically gives a flying fuck about displays and visuals when the screen is still the size of his fucking palm

You have a point about the PC, but there are a ton of reasons outside of gaming to buy a more recent phone. Battery life, snappier day to day performance with less waiting, longer update cycles to continue using relevant apps, and jumping into meme ecosystems to reap the benefits as they grow (SD835's onboard machine learning kicked off an arms race, read about it) all come to mind, but I'm sure there are others
Being able to beam Witcher 3 across a gigabit connection or play Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity at 4x upscaling and 60fps in SBS VR is just a bonus

Mine was €580 but I'm still using it after 5 years (Galaxy S3). $/yr is pretty good.

I got a scholarship and have quite a bit of savings and digital currency, thanks for asking.

If you can't afford a $1000 smartphone that you really want you are just mentally and physically lazy.

Stick an HTC Incredible 2 and a Moto Nexus 6 on your dash. Which one would you rather navigate with? There's also the onscreen typing experience to consider, unless you want to lug around a Bluetooth keyboard. Also, the VR meme, sunlight visibility, display battery drain, and fitting more content on the screen when web browsing, reading books, etc.

The GS3 is still a pretty decent basic phone these days, if you root and ROM it. I'm pretty sure it capped out at KitKat officially, so you're already missing out on a few GApps, and you're probably going to lose stuff like Allo and Assistant soon. If you're not big into more recent apps though, it's a good daily driver.

He also seems to assume that everyone buys their phone straight up, I get that I'm still paying $800 for mine, but spread out over two years, the price is negligible for me whether I go with a shitty chinkpad or a flagship

That's true, yes, but at the end of the day, you're still taking that big of a chunk out of your paycheck. I feel the same way, I'm paying off my Moto Z2 over time for $35 a month. It's chump change, but it's still chump change that could have built up over time for something else.

I guess? But then things like this start to come into play.

>not having a 6" screen

It was 100% worth it.

>that you really want
Why would i want to see my bank account decreease by a thousand dollars to get a fucking phone in return? I dont spend a grand on things that wont least last me at least a decade or two, like a nice rifle or a surround sound system

>Battery life
This is your only valid argument, but still does not exceed the price to functionality ratio.

You still using it?

You can open up a few credit cards for bonuses. That will at least cover 50% of the cost.

I have a few cash back reward cards. I use the rewards to pay for bills like an adult. Also at between 2 and 5 percent would have to spend about 30,000 dollars to pay for the phone

I use it as a controller for my multiroom Google Music setup. Nexus phones after OG 6 (provided you didn't get hit with QC issues) are dogshit-tier.

I mean sign up bonuses. Meet the minimum speed and get free money. You can buy gift cards or money orders.

I'm going to do this promo in a few days. Free $250.

I currently have a refurbished s5. I personally couldn't justify buying a brand new Galaxy to myself because I'm a frugal fucker. I could buy it, but I don't think I'd be able to tell myself "this was worth $800."

I already have that card and got that money. This has nothing to do with buying 1000 dollar phones.

That being said the new iPhone doesn't cost $1k because it's worth $1k. It costs that much because people are willing to pay that much.

Check your offers, you can repeatedly upgrade to get the free money and then downgrade. After a few months it'll pop up again. No hard inquiry as well.

And this shows how easy it is to earn free money. You can use it to fund your smartphone purchase.

There's a ton of cards right now that offers good bonuses. The aarp from chase gives you $200 with a $500 spend. Buy a $500 visa gift card and cash it out.

The wells Fargo card offers $200 with $1000 spend.

I signed up for both of those and got the money. It's easy, but you can't be lazy.

>tfw you buy last gen's top end model used for $100(700+ new) while shitters buy this gen's model for $700+

>difference is barely noticible in performance but mine has better audio/sd card expansion/water-proof/etc
kek

>inb4 not being poor
I've never seen a rich person with a high end phone, they either use a Nokia, a Blackberry or even something like a Moto G

Opening more accounts hurts mt credit because it lowers the average age length of my credit history. Does downgrading or upgrading show as the same account in a credit report?

slickdeals.net/f/10329156-chase-aarp-credit-card-200-cashback-w-500-spend

slickdeals.net/f/10076220-wells-fargo-cash-wise-visa-card-200-bonus-learn-more

You can apply for those RIGHT NOW and get $400.

There's no fucking excuse to be too Jewish to treat yourself to a $1000 phone once in a while.

Tmobile for example gives you a $325 gc for signing up. That's $750 for the 128gb pixel xl 2.

$750-$400=$350

NO EXCUSES

same account number. if doesn't lower the age.

I'm deleting this in a few because I don't want this to leak out to churning forums. Just for you bb.

i bought a 512gb ipad pro exclusively for japanese mobile games, ama

Lol i am sure you arent the only one who knows how to maximize making money from credit cards

You'd be surprised. I've earned more from my basic blue card than I would have from the blue everyday card just by upgrading it the past year. Yet people constantly recommend the blue preferred.

The fee on the prefered card is not worth unless you have a family of 5 to feed

It doesn't charge until the 45th day. So you meet the min spend and downgrade right away.

You guys are idiots, I'm not the one who posted the comment you replied to, but I agree with it.
I am the managing director of a small sales business and I easily spend 3+ hours on my phone every day.
It is also how I stay organized and obtain relevant data on the road.

A phone is a tool and I find anything that improves my working experience to be a valid investment. I change my phone every two years and my laptop every three. Yes, it costs a lot of money, but only a small fraction of what they earn me.

my dad works at nintendo too.

Can you recommend me some good Japanese mobile games?

>Rich people don't waste their money
kek thats some a poor nigger like you would say

Nobody buys them outright you retarded 3rd worlder.

>Desktop Android Convergence

Well, if you installed Gentoo like everyone suggested, there are plenty of Linux apps that do the exact same shit that Apple's software does for any Android phone. Chromebooks do the same shit too.

In all honesty, Google's Chrome OS is more integrated than iOS + OSX will ever be. You can run Android apps in Chrome OS, which is just essentially a bastardised Gentoo distro

Not that I really give a shit. Do whatever you wanna do

Real rich people don't give a fuck about money because they'll be rich their whole lives

It's all about value. Do I like this product? Cool, I'll buy it.

Actually true

There was a market study on car purchases. Most people who buy "rich person" luxury cars are actually lower middle or upper lower class, and over their heads in financing. Are they really rich because they make a $250/mo payment and have the most basic insurance they can get under the terms of their contract? Among cars popular with the rich? Used subaru foresters bought in cash. Diesel mercedes seans. The only defining trait of the rich's taste in cars? No domestics in the top 10. Period.

Poor people? Do shit like buy brand new in box, unlocked android phones for $800.
Rich people? Their job buys their phone and pays their phone bll for them. It's usually last year's iPhone because justwerks or a samsung note so they can read long emails easier. They also don't know what the fuck an OLED is, or even a jaypeg.
Poor people? Got the new macbook, on lease yo!
Rich people? Bought a dell off ebay. It came with windows 7 and office preinstalled. Awesome.
Poor people? Custom buil desktop, and they keep up on which graphics card is gud.
Rich people? No use for a desktop.

Pointlessly expensive products come with a short list of reasons to like them, among them, "you'll look rich"

This isn't a concern for actual rich people

The one in your picture is not one of them,

Updates.
Cheap phones don't get updates, there is no ROM support so you have to compile the OS yourself.

Getting a flagship phone MIGHT mean you are lucky enough to get updates.
Android is fucking garbage, all phone developers are retarded children or even worse web developers trying to make something semi useful.
Cheap android phones is just expensive burner phones.

Wot? Can you not even envisage success?

My phone plan is $190 per month for unlimited talk and text to any number in the world from any country in the world, 25gb of data and 3gb per month overseas.
This is cheaper than wh now I was on a cheaper plan in terms of overall spend.

I only add this because it highlights how important a phone is to some jobs.

Old iphones still get support and cost less than $400.

My "plan" is $30 every two months and I buy addons when I need them.

It's $10 for an extra gigabyte and I rarely use more than that because being gainfully employed usually involves free wifi, and living somewhere where it's around every street corner

I also haven't gone over 600 minutes of talk in a month even with conference calls

Why the fuck do people fall for the phone plan meme, except for putting a whole family on a fixed rate to make up for your dumbass teenage daughter who spends 3 hours on the phone 7 nights a week?

This.

Because some people's experiences are different to your own? I travel and deal with people all over the globe and in the real word it takes money to make money.
It's better always to have a lower fixed cost

Have you actually done the math on how many minutes you go through?

Even working in management I've never had a call exceed 15 minutes, or gone over four calls a day. And then there's that data charge to think of, and the line fee you pay to use a carrier instead of a prepaid service that just mooches off them.

You gotta spend money to make money but scams and shitty deals exist

You dont work is a sales business right?
I frequently have hour plus conference calls with overseas.
Have to ever used your phone overseas on your cheap plan?

The point is that not everyone's experience is the same.

i play bang dream, deresute, and photokatsu but frankly even just one is enough if you rank hard

I'm the manager for people like you so I do that twice a year instead of twice a month

Just remember, if you want to keep your job, do a really good job, but if you want a better job, suck some cock. And get ready to completely blow off all your personal responsibilities and hobbies.

It's my business cock head
I would rather do the hours and put the dollars in my pocket than pay one more shit tier manager.

t. smallfry

Haha I'm not the one with a $30 plan and a busted ass phone.
I'm 40 and 2yrs off financial freedom but whatever

I don't remember what mine cost at the time but I have the s6 edge +. Bought it a few days after it came out. Haven't had to change a thing about it. Well worth the money. And I do use it very frequently during the day.

For people who bought cars that cost more than 18000$ here

For people who bought homes that cost more than 60000$ here

For people who bought cameras that cost more than 100$ here

For people who bought keyboards that cost more than 20$ here

For people who bought video cards that cost more than 60$ here

Ok this is easily justified
Very few people purchase their phones, they pay a monthly fee
The fact you ask your question demonstrates to me you take a lot of drugs and cant even afford $40 a month, or you are about 12 years old and dont know how the real world works yet

I run Lineage OS on it without Gapps. Makes it a lean machine.

> 300$ phone

try 50-80 you faggot.

>I only add this because it highlights how important a phone is to some jobs.

Name one thing your $100+ phone can do that a sub $100 phone can not do for your business without stretching the truth the it's absolute limit.

Protip: you can not.

>15k is a lot of money
>TOP FUCKING KEK
If you look at statistics, it is a lot of money. Something like 70% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck and don't even have $1000 in cash to cover an emergency.

Either the statistics are wrong or 7 out of 10 people act like you but are really dirt poor.

yeah he's probably one of those pieces of shit that lives of daddybux and therefore doesn't know the value of money.

People across globe could literally live off 15k for more than a year.

It'd also take a person working full time at $20 an hour (more than about minimum wage) more than 4 months off full time, mon-fri, 9-5 work to to earn 15k. That's not even save. That's just earn. When you factor in taxes in living expenses it takes much longer.